SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

nicetiga,

Praise God, thank you for sharing this testimony. It is good to hear that there is fruit from this message already, or perhaps to follow the metaphor in Mr Conlon's dream, yours is one house that has been plucked from the flames. Glory to God!

In Christ,

Ron

2007/11/1 0:14Profile
dohzman

Re:

bump----I think this is such a timely message that everyone who frequents this board should hear it, so I'm going to keep bumping it. God Bless.

2007/11/1 6:40Profile

Re:

Quote:
My concern is that as many come out of the false belief systems, and someone comes along their side to help them to know a narrow walk they have never known, this message may only confirm their fleshly desire to cast off restraint.

Here are some thoughts that I pulled out of an email where a brother and I have been discussing this sermon.
===================
===================

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. This part of the message bares strong witness to me, as I have been in prayer and Christ has been showering me with His love in the secret closet. I also have been watching my attitudes to be sure that love is covering over a multitude of sins and have had to go back and make some things straight recently. You know I have struggled with condemnation in the past but through faith I have the victory brother, there is no condemnation for those truly in Christ Jesus!

I will say this about this message though... if it is heard wrong it could do great damage. Can you imagine if a Charles Finney or Jonathon Edwards comes through New York and start preaching repent or a sermon on "you adulterous people"... and those who have heard this message shut their ears against the true watchman and prophet (and even pity them).

Christs love will not just save us from condemning voices, it will save us from our sin... that probably could have been mentioned in the message also. There are those who falsely consider themselves part of the bride and this message will cause their ears to be shut further... I suppose the word of God has always done that though.

So I find this message refreshing and troublesome at the same time. It was said of Finney that he preached for days and days on sin and judgment before mentioning forgiveness through Christ. I can just see an unconverted member of Time Square Church walking by him and shouting "Quit hurling rocks at me... you need to repent you angry watchman".

Brother, we must guard ourselves against error on every side and be prepared to be called legalist and judgmental, making every certainty that our hearts are filled with the love of Christ Himself. We must also be sure that pride does not slip in through the flesh and cause us to work against the very kingdom we claim to give our lives for. As for me I trust in Christ to keep my heart and guard my preaching during these dark days of confusion on all sides. I am called lascivious for owning a TV by some brothers and am called a legalist for warning others that they should examine why they are watching the Simpson's and Family Guy...

Yet I trust in the solid rock who will keep my heart and lead me in all truth... and also those who are of His elect. May God keep us onto that day brother. The Lord has shown me that the false gospel is imitating the true gospel more and more... on both sides, legalism and lasciviousness.

2007/11/1 10:58
myfirstLove

Re:

WoW, Jim, you took the words out of my heart! I was thinking the same thing as you.

I do understand what Mr. Conlon is saying, but like you Jim, I could see others taking it to another extreme.

We need to balance his message out with his other sermons. Mr. Conlon does preach agaist sin, ect....We must remember the other message he preached in Ohio and balance that out with this message.

Its interesting that he ended this message with getting this word in OHIO.

God gave me a couple of dreams way before this Conference about a certain teacher who preaches more legalism, attaining holiness by our own stregnth, focusing more on self instead of looking to Jesus. That kind of stuff leads to condemnation and hopelessness.

You find Paul and all the prophets rebuking His people harshly of their backsliding, but they always remind them of who they are in Christ, not leaving them in hopelessness, but encouraging them that God is so for you (Jer.29:11)

I do believe also this is a timely message, for so many of His people are living in hopelessness because focusing on sin/self, not being reminded to look unto Jesus for victory.

2007/11/1 11:31Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I will say this about this message though... if it is heard wrong it could do great damage. Can you imagine if a Charles Finney or Jonathon Edwards comes through New York and start preaching repent or a sermon on "you adulterous people"... and those who have heard this message shut their ears against the true watchman and prophet (and even pity them).

Christs love will not just save us from condemning voices, it will save us from our sin... that probably could have been mentioned in the message also. There are those who falsely consider themselves part of the bride and this message will cause their ears to be shut further... I suppose the word of God has always done that though.

The challenge as a minister is to always beware of what spirit we are of. There is a spirit that would call fire down from heaven. There is a wisdom that is earthly, sensual, and demonic- that sets on fire the course of nature with the fires of hell. this wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peacable, gentle, without hypocrisy, etc.

I think a good indicator as to what spirit we are of is our response to those seeking repentance. Is it one of celebration and rapturious joy- or do the angry feelings and indignations remain? I fear that repentance may well be preached and once the people repent the minister would continue to lash them as the come. It is a matter of what spirit we are of. When a person repents does the minister rejoice or do they probe a little deeper in order to maintain and justify that addictive angry feeling - that they may well be confusing with unction- when they find the next shortcoming? The wrath of man does not work the righteousness of God.

We MUST be led of the Spirit. We must be co-laborers together with God and not trying to work in an area that God is not dealing with on our own accord. God has a plan to work things out. We have to get in step with Him or we could marr the whole design.

2007/11/1 13:38Profile

Re:

The truth of the matter is that people can take things and twist them no matter what you say. You could tell somebody "GOD LOVES YOU!" and they can interpret that a million different ways.

Pastor Conlon's message could not be preached any clearer.

2007/11/1 13:51

Re:

Quote:
I think a good indicator as to what spirit we are of is our response to those seeking repentance. Is it one of celebration and rapturious joy- or do the angry feelings and indignations remain?

I guess the thing is I have never heard of anyone besides Jonah who had this attitude...

Time will bear witness to the testimony of this word.

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/1 13:59

Re:A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

jimdied2sin quoted

Quote:
...I can just see an unconverted member of Time Square Church walking by him and shouting "Quit hurling rocks at me... you need to repent you angry watchman"...

In all sincerity, did the brother who wrote that think Carter Conlon sounded angry?

Do either of you hear the question\rebuke which came to [i]him[/i] in the dream?

glorytoglory said
Quote:
Pastor Conlon's message could not be preached any clearer.

The way I heard it, it was full of [i][b]love[/b][/i], and entreaty.

He said something like ... 'There was a sense that if they could get to higher ground, they would be safe'... but people were 'discouraged' because of the way they had been preached to. :-o

2007/11/1 14:03

Re:

Can you please clarify what you mean by quoting me sister.

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/1 14:08
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I guess the thing is I have never heard of anyone besides Jonah who had this attitude...

Time will bear witness to the testimony of this word.

In a lot of circles it has already [i]started[/i] to come to pass. The radical group in Topeka, Ks is case in point. As a minister that deals week in and week out with people in all areas of life I can attest to the ease with which, if a person were not careful, they would become angry and allow that anger to corrupt their heart and ministry. It is the 'dead fly' in the ointment.

Notice the progression. One candle. One document. Then the books. Then the house. Then the neighborhood. The wrath of man is not the recipe for our times. Not even in the least. We have to have the mind and heart of Christ. We dare not offer up strange fire in our ministry- a fire that is not the fires of revival- but the fires of human passion and frustration.

2007/11/1 14:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy