SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
PosterThread

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO: Carter Conlon\Neil Rhodes

In roadsign's dream

Quote:
Some were busy trying to incorporate their expectations and customs into their “worship”.

Uh oh! I've been guilty of that! This is a timely reminder as I start going to a church which has its own unique style.

2007/11/8 7:15

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO: Carter Conlon\Neil Rholdes

(on p10) Diane said

Quote:
Yes, yes, God is reaching out his hands to them, inviting them: “Come just as you are!” Some day these sheep will begin their journey back home, and I want to be ready to receive them and usher them into God’s presence - to offer his balm of forgiveness and grace, to help heal their fragile, wounded spirits.

Dear Diane,

I've been thinking that it is wonderful how the word of God (which sort of began at the conference or because of it) is reaching you where you are, in such a powerful way, to continue God's work of preparation in your heart.

Quote:
If I had been at Times Square Church last Sunday, I would have eagerly accepted Conlon/Carrol’s invitation to the altar - not as a returning prodigal, but as one willing receive them. However, I wasn’t there. So, alas, the day for cyberspace altars has arrived, and so here I offer myself to the Lord

Your readiness to respond is a blessing, and certainly a challenge, and the response in your post makes a lot more sense, since I heard [u]Show me Your glory[/u] for myself. I was struck at the parallels between law and grace which were brought out, and also, the connection to the 'angry watchmen' of that morning's preaching.

Reversing your original order:

[color=003366]'May those who have left SI because they have been wounded here or soured to this body be stirred to return and find restoration and true humility. Please, Lord, protect SI from the snares of the enemy.'

'May the SI forum become one huge altar to the glory of God - [b]where the tired, lost, fed up, and fearful can come and find a safe environment – free from the risk[/b] of being snared by bitter watchman and “doctors” who dispense self-righteousness.'[/color]

I am wondering if we need to prepare ourselves for a fair amount of audible moaning and groaning, as those laden with guilt and pain stumble across the threshhold here. As a midwife, I learned to block out the noise of a crying baby, and get on with attending to what it needed, knowing there was [u]no[/u] chance it would stop crying, if it was neglected any longer. May the Lord give us the necessary fortitude to 'attend' (listen), while people re-order the truths they [u]do[/u] know, which they can build upon.

One thing which is interesting me is how different are all our ministries in the Spirit, and how quickly the Lord has moved to take you on in yours; how graciously you have shared this with us all, and how encouraging it is to hear of it.

When I heard there had been a strong move of the Spirit on the same Sunday (as the two sermons addressed in this thread), at the small church I attended last Sunday, it appears obvious to me it is all part of the same movement of God, to bring to Himself a people who are ready.

2007/11/8 10:54
rookie

Re:

Sister Diane wrote:

Quote:
I am learning to value this process more and more, as my burden for the wandering and lost sheep intensifies. We, God’s people will never be able or willing to come alongside of them and lead them into a pure faith in the Shepherd as long as our faith is tainted by idols of some sort. It is easy to point our fingers at the sinners, including all those faulty churches and institutions out there, and talk about how bad they are. It may be easy to tell sinners they should repent and trust Christ. But, telling them is not the same as actually helping them get there – either through prayer or through being involved in their lives, as God equips us.

This is where I and my wife are at. Everything you said here is a description of where we are now...

God Bless
your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/9 2:52Profile
rookie

Re:

I listened to this sermon last night about 4 in the morning...what I got out of it was a beautiful love story of Christ and His bride.

The beauty and glory of God, expressed in His Son, a Song given to us by Solomon. This song sang to my heart last night, through a faithful man of God.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/9 2:56Profile

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO: Carter Conlon\Neil Rhodes

Hi Jeff,

Amen. I hope you find it possible to listen to the evening preaching of the same day, Show me Your glory, which made a big impression on Diane. The link is in her post at the top of p10, or the Times Square website.

2007/11/9 15:24
roadsign

Re:

Jeff:

Quote:
This is where I and my wife are at.

“There is one Spirit….”

Dorcas:
Quote:
there had been a strong move of the Spirit on the same Sunday

Yes, there may have been a surge of Spirit on that Sunday. Even in my church – my minister preached a convicting sermon on empathy. God is not partial to where he chooses to speak – maybe where there are some ears open to him, I don’t know.

Now, I realize that my church is not up to par. I am aware of its shortcomings and need for revival. But, let me tell you, if anyone starts lashing out against my church – like some of the posts I read around here, they would be receiving some strong words from me: GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY CHURCH!

This forum aught to count it a blessing that I am not a mod here! The way I feel right now (not that I’m right in this!) that handy mods’ delete button would be just a-clickin’. In my view, far too many sinful words are being permitted – words that speak against God’s project – his church. This should not be permitted - verbal assaults against just about every kind of organization and questionable figurehead and individual. There seems to be some sort of perverse relishing of evil – of stirring the pot, and looking for what else can float to the top, so that we can gawk at it, and show everyone else. Maybe finding people worse than us makes us feel better about ourselves – but it is not the way Jesus said that he would build his church. Nowhere in Scripture are we called to engage in this practise – AT THE EXPENSE of investing in his bride – those who desperately need mature Christians to come along side of them, teach them, help them learn the truths of God - so that they themselves are equipped to discern. ”Then [they] will no longer be infants tossed back and forth by the waves and blown here and there by every wind of teaching…. “ Eph. 4:14

In all fairness, I doubt that most of the offenders realize that God may very well be stirring in those “terrible” places (hearts) - touching consciences, secretly, polishing his nuggets in the ashes. Let us be careful, lest our verbal hand-grenades damage the tender shoots of newly forming life.

May we be willing to come to the light so we can fellowship in the light.
Shine Jesus shine.
Diane

2007/11/9 16:27Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy