SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Here is the sermon on video:

http://www.tscnyc.org/sermons_on_video.php

2007/10/31 6:49
intrcssr83

Logan City, Queensland, Australia

Re: A MUST LISTEN TO :Carter Conlon/Neil Rhodes

Just heard it. I'm still trying to process it together, but what I gather from his prophecy was:
1. The modern prosperity gospel along with many other movements based upon counterfeit spiritual experience is reaching the point where the fruits of it's corruption, licentiousness and greed will be made manifest.
2. God will draw forth his children that have been trapped within these movements and bring them into the true church (praise God!)
BUT!
3. Satan will rise up a counterfeit holiness revival that is nothing more than no. 1's mirror image, a system of legalism that tears down the Body rather than build it up.

That is indeed scary. What we here at SI have been praying for could actually become the guise for Satan's final assault on the bride.

2007/10/31 6:58Profile
intrcssr83

Re:

Call this paranoid, but I just had this thought: If an "anti-revival" based on legalism dressed up as "holiness" is indeed coming, than those of us who have struggling in "club frustration" (i.e., being in a lukewarm church while having a heartburden to get people motivated to seek personal and corporate revival leading to increased prayer, devotion and evangelism) are in for one very hard time.

2007/10/31 7:05Profile
intrcssr83

Re:

Double post. Sorry

2007/10/31 7:06Profile

Daryl said

Quote:
The narrow path that Jesus was talking about was was a life fully devoted to beholding Him and following Him, the change that occurs in us happens very naturally as we look upon Him.

Been thinking about this recently and how easy it is to see one's shortcomings in the light of His countenance. It's not that they don't seem so bad, but in the light of His love, they appear to us with the solution or the start of it (repentance) very accessible.

Haven't heard the message yet, but will do asap.

2007/10/31 8:30

Re:

Quote:

intrcssr83 wrote:
Call this paranoid, but I just had this thought: If an "anti-revival" based on legalism dressed up as "holiness" is indeed coming, than those of us who have struggling in "club frustration" (i.e., being in a lukewarm church while having a heartburden to get people motivated to seek personal and corporate revival leading to increased prayer, devotion and evangelism) are in for one very hard time.

Yes, it will be a hard time for those coming out of these movements but if we stay in a spirit of love for these people God can use us to help turn the tide that is against them. They are going to need to see the love of Christ in us.

I believe we are all either experiencing this kind of thing or may have been through it before.This to me is a picture of a christian who has a burning heart for God. She (the bride) comes after Christ but those who are supposed to be brethren and lovers of God also want to keep her away out of self righteousness.

Self righteousness can so consume us that we forget the love of God and lose the heart of God.

2007/10/31 9:01
coffee

Re:

Bump

2007/10/31 18:18Profile

Re:

Quote:

coffee wrote:
Bump

I agree coffee we need to keep bumping this up. :-)

This church has been such a blessing to me since I have been saved! I enjoy listening to these sermons. We need to do those things that draw us closer to the father and steer away from those that don't.

These sermons are provisions from the Lord and He has set the table! :-)

2007/10/31 18:40
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

This is a VERY important message. This could be the most important message you ever listen to if you aspire to preach repentance. I have been hearing this same thing for some time now.

ANGER is the enemy of every revival. [u]Anger[/u] is not anointing- it is the fires of hell. The wisdom that comes down from above is first pure and peacable and gentle- full of good fruits and mercy.

In fact, I spoke a very similar message on Sunday night from Numbers 11 as God had spoken to me at the conference that the danger we face today is an lust filled congregation that will not hear from God- and an ANGRY watchman. Moses smote the rock out of anger. This is always the danger ministers face in the midst of a perverse generation. We could misrepresent God at a critical time and we need to allow God to deal with that tendency in us before He can rightly use us.

He is not sending us to the 'well' but to the 'sick'. If we are not of the right temperement we cannot rightly deal with His people. God wants to use many young ministers, but they are loose canons that need to get a handle n their anger. Let me echo and affirm the witness of what the Holy Spirit is saying in the Churches right now. I was hearing almost the same thing- God is witness.

2007/10/31 20:17Profile
nicetiga

This message came at a perfect time.
It seems for the last few months, I have been seeking God, and I have been coming into what seemed to be a brick wall, in a sense, because I make mistakes in my walk with God, to see his heart for me and my life, actually excited about giving God my heart, and his future for me, and my returning once again to his mercy.

This message showed me that The enemy points to us, and tell us there is something wrong with your garment, you are not clean, you can't approach the king now. Literally the enemy producing lying signs and wonders (Pastor Carter talked about Lies Within and Without) to show me that God is actualy angry with me, Bless God the enemy and his LIE is exposed. God Loves Me!!!

The Video is now availible.

http://media.tscnyc.org/wmv/2071028S1.asx

2007/10/31 22:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy