SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Forum section change!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Forum section change!!

Just to let everyone know I have changed the name of "Scriptural Debates" forum to "Scriptures and Doctrine" forum which is much closer to the real intent of the forum section.

The "Word Studies and Helps" forum and the "Doctrines of the Bible" posts have been transfered to this NEW modified forum "Scriptures and Doctrine" this makes more sense to me and should really give a good place for people to discuss the scriptures and specific doctrines.

This is part of the streamlining process in cleaning up the forums due to much heavier usuage, I am trying to make it more plain and straight forward so people can participate more readily. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

2004/5/24 16:23Profile
riki

Sweden

Re: Forum section change!!

Why not make the "Recent Discussions in the Forums" list a bit longer? That would be very useful, I think. At least for me, since it is where I start from when entering the web site.

I would say: "Make it a double!" ;-)

Think about it.

2004/5/24 16:57Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Why not make the "Recent Discussions in the Forums" list a bit longer? That would be very useful, I think. At least for me, since it is where I start from when entering the web site.

Hi Brother, Yes I have heard from many people that they use the recent discussions and its usually the first thing they check. One problem with that is not all the discussions are on the front page and many good threads that are discussed are still in the forums section. Only the last 10 posts show on the front page. One major reason for making less forum sections and cleaning them up is to make the forums page less difficult to manage and navigate. So people might still check the homepage for recent discussions but also will go the the specific forum section that they are interested to see the lastest discussions.

To make the recent discussions double the size is doable but the focus of the site is still the audio sermons and I think that would give un-do attention to the discussions even though this is a fast growing feature of SermonIndex. Thank again for the suggestion and I will keep it in the back of my mind as other changes in the future are done to the site.

2004/5/24 17:13Profile
riki

Sweden

Re:

Mmmm... I see your point - which is a very good one!

Quote:
I think that would give un-do attention to the discussions even though this is a fast growing feature of SermonIndex.

Quote:
One major reason for making less forum sections and cleaning them up is to make the forums page less difficult to manage and navigate. So people might still check the homepage for recent discussions but also will go the the specific forum section that they are interested to see the lastest discussions.

Yepp, I think you are right. :-D

2004/5/24 17:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy