SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Street ministry Edmonton

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Street ministry Edmonton

I was out with the team witnessing in downtown Edmonton last night, and was greatly disturbed at the lack of modesty that the young women displayed. I am sure that the fact that it was a pre halloween Saturday had a lot to do with the increase in exhibitionism that we saw, but I was very uncomfortable. We were able to do quite a bit of 1 on 1 witnessing,lots of open air and as well, we handed out numerous tracts and gospel booklets. I would appreciate any and all prayer for God to work on the people that we encounter as we sew His seed here.

Due to the cold, I had to leave at 1:30 am, but the rest of the team rallied on.
Blessings Greg :-o

2007/10/28 23:07Profile

Re: Street ministry Edmonton

Hia Smokey Greg. This is Good.

Thirty something years ago, my friends and me were some of those "scantily clad" girls. We were hippies, with the same cloths they wear today. Tube tops, hip-huggers and mini skirts and some of us were "Jesus Freaks" [didn't know we weren't saved - just loved Jesus and never heard the Bible - go figure!]

Anyhow, we got SAVED. Alleluia. Now of course, you'd never believe what we were before. But I don't and never will forget where I came from, so I don't judge the unsaved in the wrong way.

I reckon the best way to view these girls is, as the Father does, with a "fathers" heart. A good father just sees daughters. You're seeing potential Saints. Like Jesus saw the prostitute, whom He cast out 7 demons.

They say Nazereth was pretty raunchy.

It's just great that you all are doing this work and yes, Will definitely pray for those who you all came in contact with and for you guys.

Mercy and sympathy are great virtues for that work.

Not everyone can take cold the same neither. Some have different type thermostats built in.
Next time - you'll know how long you want to stay and will have to dress much warmer - unless like some, you do have that certain type thermostat that can't tolerate cold as well. That is a reality biologically. So no condemnation. I had a friend like that that would go into hypothermia at 60 to 65 degrees and he was a big guy.

Anyhow, just wanted to encourage you in a Good Work. Praise God!!!
GOD Bless you all and your recipients!

2007/10/29 0:06
Smokey

Edmonton Alberta Cda.

Re:

I don't want anyone to think that we treat these young women any diffrent than anyone else, they are lost and need the Lord as much as everyone else. I can certainly identify with the men that I see, as I was not saved till I was 40.

Blessings Greg

2007/10/29 20:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy