SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""ex; How can Christ be in us and seated at the right hand of the father.[at the same time"".

A Morman woman ask me the same question and I gave her the same answer and she went running down the driveway screaming, blasphemer.

Answer:
The same way Jesus could say that He and His Father are One, when Jesus is on earth and The
Father is in heaven. The same goes for us in Christ and Christ in us.

John 17:20-26 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Christ liveth in me: Phillip

Galatians 2:16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

By His Faith I believe that He liveth in me, and has made me a new creature and new creation race of the son's and daughter's of God in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I,
(((((( but Christ liveth in me:))))))) and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

And you also:

2007/11/4 23:50Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sis quoted this Scripture...

Quote:
27 And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.

I wonder how much we ourselves are ignorant of the full revelation that Jesus gave these two individuals. The testimony that I hear from most christians today is that they find the OT boring and of little importance. I too once testified in like manner. But God sent a messenger to me who corrected me by saying, "I live in the OT for that is where I find the mystery of God revealed."

I would exhort everyone to look for the "fruits of the Spirit" in the OT saints.

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/5 1:31Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Jeannette wrote:

Quote:
The only significant differences are that the OT prophets were looking forwards and we are looking back; and that the outpouring and fullness of the Spirit at Pentecost wasn't "rationed", as in OT times, to a special few. To Jesus the Spirit is given "without measure", which wasn't true then.

Listen to the promise that was available to those who turned at God's rebuke...

Proverbs 1:

23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

What does it mean for those who obey? What does it mean to those who hear His voice?

Rom. 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And who heard His voice?

Heb. 11:32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens. 35 Women received their dead raised to life again.

Others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. 36 Still others had trial of mockings and scourgings, yes, and of chains and imprisonment. 37 They were stoned, they were sawn in two, were tempted, were slain with the sword. They wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented— 38 of whom the world was not worthy. They wandered in deserts and mountains, in dens and caves of the earth.

How many live this kind of life in western civilization today?

Just a thought

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/5 1:40Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Katy wrote:

Quote:

The situation going on is not about the New Birth. Reading the verses before between and after the ones you placed here will show that the Prophets only prophesied when the Spirit of the Lord was UPON them.

How often do you or others you know prophesy? Do you always have at your disposal the ability to prophesy?

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/5 1:49Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
By His Faith I believe that He liveth in me, and has made me a new creature and new creation race of the son's and daughter's of God in Christ Jesus.

Is this different from what those 120 souls experienced on the day of Pentecost?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/5 1:55Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

I pray you truly understand these:

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Quote:

""Is this different from what those 120 souls experienced on the day of Pentecost?""

No different but they did not know it or Jesus would no have chosen Paul to bring the Truth of Christ in them.

Acts 22:8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said unto me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom thou persecutest.

Acts 22:11-15 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus. And one Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews which dwelt there, Came unto me, and stood, and said unto me, Brother Saul, receive thy sight. And the same hour I looked up upon him. And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, that thou shouldest know his will, and see that Just One, and shouldest hear the voice of his mouth. For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Paul's Gospel:

Rom 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rom 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

2Ti 2:8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Colossians 1:24-28 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Only One can make us perfect, that is of which is "Christ in you the hope of glory".

In Christ: Phillip

2007/11/5 2:23Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:
I pray you truly understand these:

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

The promise spoken here is the ressurection.

Quote:
No different but they did not know it or Jesus would no have chosen Paul to bring the Truth of Christ in them.

David knew that Jesus was his Lord...

Psa. 110:1 The LORD said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”

The gospel never changed from the foundation of the world. Jesus is Lord over all creation....from beginning to the end. He is our High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

Do you acknowledge Christ in the OT?

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/6 1:38Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Phillip wrote:

Quote:

Were they born again?

If so, what did the Spirit teach them?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/6 1:42Profile

Re:

It's difficult to argue against God's Word.

I believe many may be overlooking this vital chapter in Romans.

We also know Romans 16:24-27 Paul says we are to Preach the Gospel according to the [u][i][b]mystery[/b][/i][/u].

[b]Romans 16:24-27

24The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, [b][color=CC0000]according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, [/color][/b]

*******26But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

27To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.[/b].

We also know in Colossians 1:27 the [u][i][b]mystery[/b][/i][/u], is Christ in you, the Hope of Glory.

Colossians 1:27

27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this [u][i][b]mystery[/b][/i][/u] among the Gentiles; which is [u][i][b]Christ in you[/b][/i][/u] the hope of glory

1st John warns of those who would bring you a Jesus Christ apart from the flesh. The [u][i][b]WORD[/b][/i][/u], in the OT became Flesh and dwelt among us, full of Grace and Truth.

Do you know WHY?

Romans 5
1Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

2By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

6For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

7For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

8But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

12Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13(For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, [u][i][b]who is the figure of him that **was to come**[/b][/i][/u],

15But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, ***which is by one [u][i][b]man[/b][/i][/u], Jesus Christ***, hath abounded unto many.

*****1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the [u][i][b]man[/b][/i][/u], Christ Jesus.*****

16And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

Jesus Christ fully God/ fully Man did not exist in the OT. He was the Messiah they were looking forward to .

2007/11/6 8:32

Re:

Just an added note here:

The word "Messiah" means "Anointed One," the name given to the promised Deliverer who would some day come to the people of Israel as their great Savior and Redeemer, "anointed" as Prophet, Priest, and King by God Himself.

The name "Christ" is the Greek equivalent of "Messiah," so that the name Jesus Christ really means "Jesus the Messiah," or "Jesus the anointed."

All of these prophesies were fulfilled by Jesus Christ: His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14); His birth in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2); His sacrificial death (Isaiah 53:5); His crucifixion (Psalm 22:14-18); His bodily resurrection (Psalm 16:10); and many others. All of these unite in their witness that “Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God” (John 20:31).

There is no such thing as the *Spirit of Christ* apart from the [u]person[/u] of Christ. ;-)

Love in Christ
Katy-did

2007/11/6 11:22

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy