SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Holy Spirit.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Good Morning Jeannette,

Quote:
I suppose that depends on whether you are pre or post-trib? I think I'm post trib or mid trib, which is why maybe I don't get this bit!

You know, actually it doesn't matter [u][i]when[/i][/u] the Lord calls for His [u][i]Church[/i][/u], but that He does call out the Church, His Body.

I see the pattern in 1 Corinthians 15,:

Vs 23
Christ the First Fruits
Those that are His at His coming (The Church)

Verse 24 & 25 read very carefully,

****Then cometh the end**** when He shall have delivered up the Kingdom to God, even the Father, when He shall have put down all rule and authority and power.

[i] For He must reign till he hath put all enemies under His feet. The Last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. [/i]

Revelation 21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, not crying , neither shall there be anymore pain, for the former things are passed away.

Isaiah 25:8
He shall swallow up death in victory, and the Lord will wipe away tears from all faces, and the rebuke of His people shall He take away from all the earth, for the Lord hath spoken it.

The ultimate end is promised to all through Our Lord Jesus Christ ...The Everlasting Covenant.
That must never be overlooked, and that is the ultimate end.

However during this time when Israel is to be restored and Jesus Reigns that message is not to the Church, but to Israel.

Look...Isaiah 14. God Has some unfinished business Concerning who? This is clarified in Romans 11.

Another interesting point.

Being overtaken as a thief in the night.

In Matthew, they are warned about being overtaken as a thief in the Night....

We, the Church...His Body, [u][i]are assured[/i][/u] that we will [b]not[/b] be overtaken as a thief in the night. This is not about rapture but Judgment.

You see, we, the Church, His Body are to endure the Cross, Crucified with Christ, we are called the "Kingdom of Patient Endurance". Paul, Peter James, John, Jude all tell us what we, His Body are to endure here, right now. Dying to sin, dying to self, dying to the things of this world.
Read the 7 letters to the Churches...the warnings. Is there one warning in all those letters about taking the mark of the beast? NO! Have you ever wondered why?

Now look at what those during the tribulation period have to endure.

Yes, there is actually a difference between the Gospel according to the Mystery and the Everlasting Gospel. The Mystery is Christ in you, I am Crucified with Christ. We know that salvation in the OT was not by this knowledge, because no such knowledge was known to man. This was make known to the Church, to Paul God revealed the Mystery, and Paul lays down the Foundation of the Church, the hope of ***OUR*** Calling, also revealed in the other Apostles writings, and revealed in the Letters to the Church....Those who overcome will reign and rule with me....with a rod of Iron (certainly won't be Heaven His referring to) and those who NOW, have missed the importance of OUR calling NOW, will be thrown into great tribulation. This warning is not to the obedient, but disobedient.

The Message to Israel and the restoration to Israel is not the message to the Church, so in fact, Yes, you can't have two different messages on earth at the same time, having two different ends and out comes. The Church will most assuredly be translated out so that the Kingdom can be preached.

This Kingdom was first preached in Matthew, and the Book of Matthew is strictly a message of Law, not Grace. Remember there were two comings of Messiah King and Messiah Redeemer.

Redeemer comes first, as John the Baptist said, bringing in the Kingdom Message, I must decrease, He must Increase, He who comes after me, is preferred before me, meaning the message of Redeemer comes before Kingdom. This is why Peter and the Disciples asked Jesus before he Ascended to Heaven, **Will you at this time* restore the Kingdom to Israel. If it could have been done at the same time, certainly God would have done it all at the same time. In doing so, that would have interfered with the Message of the Gospel of the Mystery....Our mystical union with Christ. ( never mentioned in Matthew, but was mentioned in John. John is to the Church, having nothing to say about the earthly Kingdom….Jesus Clearly saying here…My Kingdom is not of this world.

Today, there is what is called Dominion Theology, believing the Church replaced Israel and those promises. They think THEY are to bring in the Kingdom themselves, and I guess do away with death at the same time… I’d like to see that!!!! No can do. This is the warning about anti-christ. anti-christ will take the throne and those who haven't learned to rightly divide the word will be deceived.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

2007/11/19 7:52

Re:

Five kinds of special anointings.

1. Anointing of Love.

2. Anointing of Wisdom.

3. Anointing of Power.

4. Anointing of the workmanship of God.

4. Anoniting of Spiritual riches.

2007/11/19 7:58

Re:

Quote:
Five kinds of special anointings.

Only 5?

All of these (and so much more) are the Riches we Have in Christ Jesus.

We have the anointing that we "abide in Christ" so that All of the named above (and more) will be manifest through Us. His Life.

Love in Christ
Katy-Did

:-)

2007/11/19 12:39

Re:

I John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

I John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you,
and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing
teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it
hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

2007/11/19 21:33
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Philip wrote:

Quote:
If the Cross was in the old testament why did it have to be manifest to start the New Testament?

The "effect of the cross" was present in the OT...

Psa. 116:1 I love the LORD, because He has heard
My voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
3 The pains of death surrounded me,
And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
“O LORD, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
8 For You have delivered my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
And my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the LORD
In the land of the living.
10 I believed, therefore I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted.”
11 I said in my haste,
“All men are liars.”
12 What shall I render to the LORD
For all His benefits toward me?
13 I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the LORD.
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD
Now in the presence of all His people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.

Have you ever considered this in Scripture...

Your brother in Christ
jeff

2007/11/21 1:18Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Lyn wrote:

Quote:
As it is impossible for us to turn the clock back, to know for sure how the men of the Old Testament thought in themselves, we must rely on scripture's commentary on every single point on which doctrine finally comes to rest. But one thing is certain - their 'old man' had not been crucified with Christ - and therefore, they had not been delivered from the power of sin.

I believe Scripture does give evidence that the OT saints were delivered from the power of sin...

Psa. 116:1 I love the LORD, because He has heard
My voice and my supplications.
2 Because He has inclined His ear to me,
Therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live.
3 The pains of death surrounded me,
And the pangs of Sheol laid hold of me;
I found trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called upon the name of the LORD:
“O LORD, I implore You, deliver my soul!”
5 Gracious is the LORD, and righteous;
Yes, our God is merciful.
6 The LORD preserves the simple;
I was brought low, and He saved me.
7 Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.
8 For You have delivered my soul from death,
My eyes from tears,
And my feet from falling.
9 I will walk before the LORD
In the land of the living.
10 I believed, therefore I spoke,
“I am greatly afflicted.”
11 I said in my haste,
“All men are liars.”
12 What shall I render to the LORD
For all His benefits toward me?
13 I will take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the LORD.
14 I will pay my vows to the LORD
Now in the presence of all His people.
15 Precious in the sight of the LORD
Is the death of His saints.
16 O LORD, truly I am Your servant;
I am Your servant, the son of Your maidservant;
You have loosed my bonds.

This man proclaims that he "will walk before the Lord in the land of the living"...he will "take up the cup of salvation,
And call upon the name of the LORD."

This man testifies that God has "loosed my bonds."

And does not Scripture in the NT say...

Acts 2:21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the LORD
Shall be saved.’

Rom. 10:13 For “whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.”

Again in another sections of Scripture we have a man who prays for God to do this in his life...

Psalm 119:

28 My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove from me the way of lying,
And grant me Your law graciously.

Do you believe God was unable to answer his prayer because Christ had not come in the flesh yet?

We often look at Scripture according to our understanding of time, yet example after example in Scripture points to the work of God existing outside 'our" constraints based on time. God has been reconciling man to Himself through the Holy One since the foundation of this world.

2Cor. 5:18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.

David said ...

Psa. 32:1 Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered.
2 Blessed is the man to whom the LORD does not impute iniquity,
And in whose spirit there is no deceit.

So Scripture is clear that the OT saints had a life where..."in whose spirit there is no deceit."

Sorry it took so long to respond...local ministry is captivating more of my thoughts these days...

God Bless
Your brother in Christ always.
Jeff

2007/11/21 1:50Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Lyn wrote:

Quote:
I believe the differences you highlight, are simply explained, rather in the same way that those who had visions of airplanes, or men with flowing 'hair', had difficulty in knowing how to communicate the revelation their spirit had received. Therefore, as they had never known the indwelling Holy Spirit, but rather only the empowering (anointing for service) Holy Spirit, which gripped their mind and compelled them to live a certain way outwardly in demonstration of God's hold on them, they used word of outward significance, such as 'upon'.

I believe what Scripture says, not what we might imagine....

If a prophet or apostle writes the word of God by the power of the Holy Spirit, then it is pure. If the word of God spoke by Joel states that the Spirit of God is poured out "upon" and Peter states that Penecost is an example of this Spirit poured out "upon" the disciples then it must be true. We are given this testimony in Scripture on how God used His prophets...

Neh. 9:30 Yet for many years You had patience with them,
And testified against them by Your Spirit in Your prophets.
Yet they would not listen;
Therefore You gave them into the hand of the peoples of the lands.

Here is another 'example" given to us in Scripture where the Spirit is "in' the prophets....Peter knew what Scripture indicated because he studied the Scriptures...

I often hear teachers say that Isaiah was "confused" by the order in which he wrote down the word of God...this of course is an error on the part of those who teach this way. The word of God is pure with out defect...it is our dispensational theology which hinders our understanding....

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/21 2:09Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Lyn,

In the example that I gave concerning the spiritual influence that Lucifer exacted on Belshazzar....

Dan. 5:22 “But you his son, Belshazzar, have not humbled your heart, although you knew all this. 23 And you have lifted yourself up against the Lord of heaven. They have brought the vessels of His house before you, and you and your lords, your wives and your concubines, have drunk wine from them. And you have praised the gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which do not see or hear or know; and the God who holds your breath in His hand and owns all your ways, you have not glorified.

In Isaiah we find that Belshazzar takes on the nature of Lucifer...do you recoginze the spiritual precept that is declared in Genesis 3:15?

In other words, does the OT Scripture teach that Satan becomes the father of all of those who walk in the way of Cain? And do his children take on the nature of their father?

In Christ
Jeff

2007/11/21 2:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Katy wrote:

Quote:
Even when Jesus Did rise again, look at Thomas, who said, I won't believe until I see.

These are signs and wonders...look to the sign that God gave Hezekiah...

2Kings 20:11 So Isaiah the prophet cried out to the LORD, and He brought the shadow ten degrees backward, by which it had gone down on the sundial of Ahaz.

God gives us signs and wonders so that we might believe that He is....but it is the ongoing obedience to the Spirit that causes us to know His word...

Proverb 1

23 Turn at my rebuke;
Surely I will pour out my spirit on you;
I will make my words known to you.

Quote:
Well, many scriptures have layers of truth. The deeper layer of truth concerning the seed of David, and a sign to the House of David is that Jesus Christ will take the throne of David during the 1000 Year Kingdom Reig

Yes Scripture does have many layers of truth...like the example I posted in Isaiah that God gave King Ahaz revelation...in the same way we find another layer of the same prophesy given in Revelation...

Rev. 12:13 Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child. 14 But the woman was given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness to her place, where she is nourished for a time and times and half a time, from the presence of the serpent. 15 So the serpent spewed water out of his mouth like a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away by the flood. 16 But the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon had spewed out of his mouth. 17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Who is this "woman" and who is "the male Child'?

A berean would search the Scripture, are you a berean?

Your brother in Christ
Jeff

2007/11/21 2:33Profile

Re: Holy Spirit

Jeff asked

Quote:
do you recoginze the spiritual precept that is declared in Genesis 3:15?

Genesis 3:15
And I will put enmity between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise His heel."

Jeff, which bit do you have in mind?

Quote:
does the OT Scripture teach that Satan becomes the father of all of those who walk in the way of Cain?

Do you mean you are separating those who kill as Cain did, from those who do\did not kill?

What I wonder is, why are you picking Cain and not Adam?

Quote:
And do his children take on the nature of their father?

All children take on an essence of their fathers' attributes.

I'd find if helpful if you would separate between the spiritual and the physical, or, are you rolling all together in the word 'nature'?

2007/11/21 15:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy