SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : CANTON: From a prayer chamber, Day 02

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

CANTON: From a prayer chamber, Day 02

Revival is of no necessity when man is content to live and serve from his own humanity and resources.
Revival becomes an absolute necessity in the light of the purposes of God.
Our prayer must begin at the cross of Christ – where man is reduced and God becomes all.

2007/10/24 4:26

Re: CANTON: From a prayer chamber, Day 02

This world is in desperate need of open, cross-marked hearts, with a willingness to serve God and man.

Save us from the man-pleaser. . .
Save us from the organizer. . .
Bring forth the agonizer. . .

Save us from the complacent, shallow-minded man. . .
Save us from the patterns of the world. . .
Bring forth men who dare stand alone, for the sake of apprehending what is godly. . .

See also “CANTON: From a prayer chamber”

2007/10/24 5:39

The Cross of Christ helps humility. . .
The Cross, rightly apprehended, brings life – a humble, godly way of living.
May such a work begin among the leadership in our modern Christianity.

2007/10/24 6:07

The leprous testimony:
Knowing theology, but no inner spiritual reality.
Ability to discuss religious issues, but never bringing life.
Hanging out with the right company, but no ability to serve.
Words without a history with God.
Don’t we need a change? Pray for it. Repent to come alive.

2007/10/24 6:45

An awesome prospect:
Man, a place where God can dwell. . .

2007/10/24 7:06
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

some verses for meditation and prayer:

EDIT: I have put in my own thoughts how these verses spoke to me relating revival and the conferance.

Gal 5:25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Gal 5:26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

God must be our goal, I think of bro Denny yesterday, Revival is nothing other then God. Can revival happened? is God alive? yes... but our aim must be right, it must be on God

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

am I ready to suffer for him? be his vessel to bring about revival? may he use me in praying and fasting for revival? not just for my own sake, but for Gods purposes on earth. Am I ready to be broken and suffer the cost of what it takes to pray?

2Ki 22:8 And Hilkiah the high priest said unto Shaphan the scribe, I have found the book of the law in the house of the LORD. And Hilkiah gave the book to Shaphan, and he read it.
2Ki 22:9 And Shaphan the scribe came to the king, and brought the king word again, and said, Thy servants have gathered the money that was found in the house, and have delivered it into the hand of them that do the work, that have the oversight of the house of the LORD.
2Ki 22:10 And Shaphan the scribe shewed the king, saying, Hilkiah the priest hath delivered me a book. And Shaphan read it before the king.
2Ki 22:11 And it came to pass, when the king had heard the words of the book of the law, that he rent his clothes.
2Ki 22:12 And the king commanded Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam the son of Shaphan, and Achbor the son of Michaiah, and Shaphan the scribe, and Asahiah a servant of the king's, saying,
2Ki 22:13 Go ye, enquire of the LORD for me, and for the people, and for all Judah, concerning the words of this book that is found: for great is the wrath of the LORD that is kindled against us, because our fathers have not hearkened unto the words of this book, to do according unto all that which is written concerning us.

Is my hearts as this kings heart was to ward the Word? I think of the Zulu revival and what bro Denny also shared yesterday, maybe it is something wrong with me? maybe it is I who stand in the way of God?

May we be ready to obey the word in smallest detail.

2007/10/24 7:12Profile
TerryLee

Sweden

Having watched the so called prayer concert preceding the first gathering of the revival conference in Canton, I was amazed by the lack of life and fervency in prayer.

It is as if there is a word from the Lord regarding the lack of seasoned intercessors, willing agonizers, a people who offer themselves willingly in the day of Thy power.

There is certainly peace and tranquillity where death is present. The life and peace offered by the Lord is indeed energizing. It produces a sobering of the mind, it refreshes the inner man, it builds confidence and creates a company of committed.

We need to pray for an opening of the inner eyes and ears of the partakers in the conference to be able to become partakers in the Holy Calling unto heavenly duty.

Terry

2007/10/24 7:26Profile

Re:

What we are interested here in the prayer chamber are words, sanctified thinking brought forth during prayer regarding revival and the growth of the inner man for the sake of establishing heavenly realities.
Quoting the bible without aim is not very productive.
Use the Word of God, but tell us what you are using it for. . .
Walkington

2007/10/24 7:34

Wake up to the ordinances of Heaven – As in Heaven, so among us. . .

2007/10/24 7:37

The point of Revival – the point of weakness. . .
The point of Revival – the point of weakness exposed. . .
The point of Revival – the point of weakness and sin reacted to and repented of. . .

2007/10/24 8:11

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy