SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : San Diego Wild Fires

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
theopenlife

Re:

Good photos, thanks.

[img align=left]http://www.michaelspotts.com/bucket/random_photos/smoke.jpg[/img]

2007/10/24 5:46Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Is it clearer this morning? It seems to be. Though it looks like the Fallbrook and Julian/Ramona fires are still burning. I hope the fires are out by the end of the week. I can't imagine how much endurance, patience and strength the evacuees and volunteers need to have to stay away from home for so long... and those who don't have a home to go back to. Still praying...

2007/10/24 11:37Profile

Re:

LORD have Mercy!

2007/10/24 12:50
theopenlife

Re:

It's clearer here, but we're on evacuation alert... the Fallbrook fire is ten miles away and uncontained. We're packing some stuff just in case.

Lots of ash outside... the surface of our pool is in a layer of ash. Weird. Smells nice!

"Known unto God are all His works from the beginning."

2007/10/24 16:40Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

Wow! Okay. =(

Praying...

FYI, Mission Hills High School in San Marcos is still an open shelter and being run by the Red Cross. In fact, the principal is a Christian. A couple of our pastors and guys from our church have been helping out there since Monday. Animals are allowed. There is plenty of food and things are being run very orderly and well there. The address is 1 E. Mission Hills Ct., San Marcos, CA 92069.

2007/10/24 17:21Profile

Re:

Any updates from Michael or Yodi, etc.?

2007/10/26 14:46
theopenlife

Re:

Thanks for the prayers! To my knowledge, the fires turned two days ago and were headed the opposite direction. This was not good news for the people on the other side, but we on my side were grateful. The air is mostly cleared and things seem to be contained.

Praise God!

2007/10/28 3:15Profile
theopenlife

Re:

From a letter I sent out today...
- - -

Kind thanks to everyone for the birthday well-wishes. The day went nicely, if quietly and with an ashen veneer. The happiest gift, I suppose, was that the fires turned - after coming within 10 miles, which sent us packing. Thankfully, God blew out the flames on my regional candle.

During the "emergency period" about eight refugees (and their petting zoo) came to live with us, including my brother and sister. Their homes were much closer to the blaze but, thanks to our Sovereign God, He was pleased to preserve their material fortunes for a time.

May we all take this as a reminder of the transient nature of all that is not spirit, truth, and virtue.

2007/10/28 3:27Profile

Re:

Amen, Bless GOD and Happy Birthday Michael. :-D

"God blew out the flames on my regional candle."

Alleluia!!!

2007/10/28 6:02
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

HE-Reigns

I got to go back home on Wednesday night. Gregg decided to go back to the shelter that night and continue to help. He is a true servant. He's been sharing with people that one of the cool things about helping out at the shelter this week was that he didn't think about himself because he was too busy thinking of the needs of others.

That wasn't entirely true of me. I thought about my own need to be housed and fed and emotionally needing my husband. I do have another opporutnity to help though. Of course it's easier to help now that I feel secure. An area in my own faith that I definitely need to grow in. But Gregg and I signed up with Horizon San Diego and Samaritan's Purse to help with clean up for those who lost their homes. When Hurricane Katrina happened I wanted so badly to go help. Several teams from our church went out. But this time I have the opportunity to help out in my own home town and I've been wanting to work with Samaritan's Purse for awhile! I saw this past week and even reading through the gospels how desperately I need God's strength to be a servant. I know this clean up is going to be hard. Probably harder than having to evacuate my own home and find a place to stay. I now have a chance to get prepared in the Spirit to be used by Him.

2007/10/29 12:30Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy