Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : San Diego Wild Fires

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

San Diego Wild Fires

It doesn't look like anyone has posted a topic asking for prayer concerning the California wild fires burning right now. I'm sure there are many people affected by them up north and here in the south. Myself and many others I know have had to evacuate from their homes in Escondido, Fallbrook and Valley Center as of yesterday and today.

Your prayers are much appreciated. I'm praying for all of you too. Thanks.

2007/10/23 14:45Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: San Diego Wild Fires

Praying for all. My sister lives in Rancho Santa Margarita

2007/10/23 15:20Profile

Thank you for this reminder. Praying.

2007/10/23 15:42
Yodi

Escondido, California

Thank you so much.

I actually was able to go back to our apartment during our lunch break to clean up a bit and grab some more things in case we can't get back for awhile. I'm glad to be one of the ones going through this personally because it's made me more understanding. And there are those going through more than I am. Lots of people had to sleep outside at the Qualcomm Stadium. I pray more for those who don't know the Lord who may not be able to handel these conditions physically. I cried yesterday when they were showing all the elderly people who have been evacuated. It was a mixed emotion of thankfulness for the kindness of those who care for others in need and getting a glimpse of what God may see when He looks down on us when He's moved with compassion; fragile, weak, vulnerable...

I didn't mention, my husband's actually been helping the Red Cross out at Mission Hills High School in San Marcos since yesterday morning with others from our church. I haven't seen him since then. I hope to see him later this afternoon.

Thank you all for your prayers, care and concern. I will keep praying for the others affected by these fires.

2007/10/23 16:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Yodi,
Mind if I ask how the nonChristian is handling this affliction? Surely, this trial is giving the godly plenty of opportunities of demonstrating the love of Jesus to the victims...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/10/23 18:27Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

I've been in the church office during work hours and in contact with people from our fellowship, so I don't know.

From what I can tell from the news and what my husband has shared from the evacuation center at Mission Hills High School is everyone has been helpful, generous, and understanding. It's like we're all in this together. All the help is really organized and things are civil at the different evacuation centers. People seem to, for the most part, be taking it well, and most of all, the mandatory evacuation. I think most people realize that their lives and family are more important than possessions. But there are those who are staying behind to try to save their home and belongings.

2007/10/23 19:07Profile
theopenlife

Re:

I'm in Oceanside, so I'm just a few miles from Fallbrook (evacuated). There are several families living in my home right now, with more coming tonight.

So far it's been an occasion for ministry. My dad and I taught a bible study last night to some of the people in the house, non-Christians, and today I've been explaining some basic truths to the children, ages 8-9.

It was neat to explain to the kids that our sins made us guilty and that we all deserve to stand in the corner forever... but that our Father sent his son to stand in the corner for us.

2007/10/23 20:04Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

theopenlife

Wow! You're close! That's really neat that you're able to house people. It's just been nice to see how helpful, generous and accomadating people have been.

ginnyrose

Just a follow up on how I thought the non Christian community was handling this fire. My husband confirmed that everyone he was helping at the Mission Hills High School evacuation center were taking it very well. He said there were maybe a couple irritated people and one husband and father who seemed really down. He gave that guy a hug and he said the guy held on for a bit. I guess he was really distraught and kind of in disbelief. But for the most part he said there were a lot of people with really good hearts. A lot of donations came in too. So yeah, everyone's handling it very well.

2007/10/23 22:52Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Quote:
It was neat to explain to the kids that our sins made us guilty and that we all deserve to stand in the corner forever... but that our Father sent his son to stand in the corner for us.

Thats great! You know I was just watching a Ken Hamm video with my four children, and Ken was pointing out how Genesis 1-11 is foundational to all of scripture. Perhaps you can share that with the children

2007/10/23 23:09Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

I forgot that I could post some pictures. I've been hanging out at the church mostly in northern Escondido. It's been one of the clearest spots, kind of in the middle of the 3 nearest fires.

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/YDiehl/IMG_4305.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/YDiehl/IMG_4308.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/YDiehl/IMG_4311.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c113/YDiehl/IMG_4309.jpg[/img]

2007/10/23 23:40Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy