SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : WILL WOMEN PREACHERS GO TO HELL?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Sir, God is the same yesterday today and forever. So if He ordained the order to be A man over his wife then why would God change that. That verse has nothing to do with women preachers.

There is a flaw in the very supposition of this thread... having a "preacher", in the sense of a person who stands up on a platform like a rock star every Sunday morning is not biblical.... it is a tradition formed in the Roman Catholic Church System...

I think we should talk about in what ways a women is to speak/instruct/prophecy in a real new testament gathering of believers if we want to avoid the underlying logical fallicy... that is, what a preacher actually is and isn't in the Bible.

In Christ - Jim

2007/10/18 15:08
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

jimdied2sin wrote:
Quote:
Sir, God is the same yesterday today and forever. So if He ordained the order to be A man over his wife then why would God change that. That verse has nothing to do with women preachers.

There is a flaw in the very supposition of this thread... having a "preacher", in the sense of a person who stands up on a platform like a rock star every Sunday morning is not biblical.... it is a tradition formed in the Roman Catholic Church System...

I think we should talk about in what ways a women is to speak/instruct/prophecy in a real new testament gathering of believers if we want to avoid the underlying logical fallicy... that is, what a preacher actually is and isn't in the Bible.

In Christ - Jim

This would be interesting discussion, I recently visited a church who had no pastor, they have a plurality of elders and anyone may come forth and share a word and the elders will "intervene" if something is not as it should. And i am beginning to see and search scripture and right now I am getting more convinced that a church lead by one man preacher is not biblical at all

2007/10/18 15:15Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi 2ndcoming (or PM)...

Forgive me if I am wrong, but are you back so soon from becoming "Anonymous?"

My wife is a wise person. She teaches me things from the Word all of the time. She brings that wisdom to light in both "spiritual" and "natural" things. I would respect her opinion far above most of the men that I know. Yet my wife does not exhert "authority" to me; the decision for our family is ultimately my own.

Why can't a woman do the same in a local fellowship or congregation? Is it "authority over a man" to preach, teach or bring light to things from the Word of God? Does teaching, preaching or sharing even make one an "authority" or a "challenge to authority?"

You are more than welcome to an opinion in these matters. You have the liberty to share them. But is it wise to create a divisive conversation by questioning whether or not "women preachers will go to Hell?" That is just plain...disruption.

:-(

2007/10/18 15:17Profile

Re:

Let me clarify: Paul doesn't permit women to be elders/deacons and that is the role of governing and teaching the church. So any kind of leadership position (pastor, deacon, evangelist) is not permitted for women because God has ordained this. Women are used by God but no women has ever wrote a bible book, had an ongoing ministry or was a apostle.. that should settle it. Either God is wrong or you are.

2007/10/18 15:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy