SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Enter through the narrow gate...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
death2self

Washington DC area

Enter through the narrow gate...

Matthew 7:14 Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The word "narrow" means afflict, narrow, throng, suffer tribulation, trouble according to Strong's and I'm currently going through all these things. It's awesome yet terrifying to have everything once valued stripped away. I've literally been losing everything of late and this stripping has been embarrassing and painful. It's costing me everything, even this comfortable American, everything to follow Jesus.

It's been easy for me to have an "attitude" about this and resort to grumbling. Hence the word from Oswald Chambers this morning that pierced my heart,

Quote:
If we give way to self-pity and indulge in the luxury of misery, we banish God's riches from our own lives and hinder others from entering into His provision. No sin is worse than the sin of self-pity, because it obliterates God and puts self-interest upon the throne. It opens our mouths to spit out murmuring and our lives become craving spiritual sponges, there is nothing lovely or generous about them.

2007/10/17 13:19Profile
dohzman

Re: Enter through the narrow gate...

I'll have to get in line with you and repent [It's been easy for me to have an "attitude" about this and resort to grumbling] Like you I'm guilty here. Thanks for the reminder.

2007/10/17 15:16Profile
poet

Longview WA

Re: Enter through the narrow gate...

entering through the narrow gate, is not only commitment on our part but the Lords commitment to empower us to be shaped to fit through this gate..
He will strip us and reshape us until we look the way he wills and which pleases Him..
Me too, I have been a whiner. I have asked God to forgive me, and It helped me to realise that God was doing something to me beyond my control, to shape me, for his purposes .
Now I praise him in times of trouble, knowing he is doing and being active in my life for his glory.
When we walk up to the narrow gate we will need his stamp of approval all over us... not in our strength but because of his strength exuded towards us... Grace abounding.

2007/10/17 16:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy