SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : I am not sure of my salvation anymore?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Blunt

Re: Hay Brother.

I have had this question in my mind and I have also STRIVED to enter in through the narrow gate.

As I was dealing with this issue a father in the faith once siad to me " Would you be asking me this question (with this amount of concern ) if you were not saved?" .He went on to say the unregenerate just do not care about the True and Living GOD.It sounds like you do!
The world hates Jesus.It does not sound like you consider the cross to be foolishness.
Brother rejoice for you are not a fake,phony ,hypocrite,etc.

Remember when Jesus healed the leper.The leper siad "IF YOU ARE WILLING LORD YOU CAN make me clean".JESUS REACHED out HIS HAND and siad" I AM WILLING,Be CLEANSED!"This is the Nature of our Saving GOD.

No doubt SATAN is trying to shipwreck you.He knows the word also and he will use it against you.Let the Lord minister to you.BE STILL.

I will be praying for you BRO.

BLUNT

2007/10/13 12:15Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

Oh my brother, I have been there and believe every true believer has too. John Wesley struggled greatly with this.

This is something Paul Washer said that has greatly helped me,"Some of you need to go out to the woods and throw stones at heaven with boldness until you get an answer." Now I never did that, but I cried before God with boldness and honesty. YOU GOTTA GET REAL WITH GOD! This is NOT A GAME. This is not an intellectual matter, but a matter of the heart. You will never understand it all, so forget that.

Look at the gospels and see how our Lord was never impressed with anyones intellect, but with faith. By faith are you saved! Read the Word of God, Pray like you expect an answer, Cry out to God in faith and be honest. If you're faith is weak tell God. Because he already knows.

I LOVE YOU BROTHER! I will pray for you, but you must get real with God. You either believe or you don't.

With Love, TimmyJoe

2007/10/13 12:18Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Brother do you believe that you are a great sinner, and that Christ died for those sins?

If so, you are justified before God, for a natural man does not believe these things, and rather he rebels against them, and seeks to build a ladder of his own works to gain entrance to Heaven by them.

If you have faith brother, you are justified. End of story. The tribunal of God has declared you innocent, and Christ's righteousness is imputed to you.

What you are experiencing is the struggle of sanctification, and you will have this so long as you dwell here.

Brother this is why I tell people not to read Finney, and others who would tell a poor soul that justification is based upon sanctification, or that our works must match our profession in order for us to be saved. But it is an objective truth(apart from feelings) that Christ has died to save sinners, and this He does completely apart from our work.

If you continue to look inwardly for some sense of glory brother you will continue in despair, for you will find only brief bits of light overshadowed by the overwhelming reality of remaining sin. That is why we are told to look away from ourselves to Him who has saved us. He has obeyed for us, and He drank the cup of wrath we were to drink fully.

I will pray brother, that you see Christ as sufficient to save you, and that all measure of self righteousness be done away with so you rest in His righteousness.

Grace and peace to you dear brother.

2007/10/13 13:09Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re: I am not sure of my salvation anymore?

Hi reformer...

You are not alone. Your struggle isn't isolated to just you. I feel that it is a historic issue that believers (yes, believers) have struggled with for years. Your words remind me of the testimony of Charles Finney and John Bunyan in their autobiographies.

There is an assurance of salvation that comes from Christ. Be encouraged that Christ will NOT despise you if you come to him. Even during seasons where we are not as "emotional" as we would like, the truth of God's Word is enough. His eyes are always upon us.

I will be praying for you, my brother! Be encouraged to continue in God's Word and prayer.

:-)

2007/10/13 13:42Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

I wanted to add some verses that came to mind-

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and [b]him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.[/b]
John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
John 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of [b]all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.[/b]

Brother I might suggest a book entitled "The Bruised Reed" by Richard Sibbes. It is fairly inexpensive money wise, but priceless in its value to the soul.

2007/10/13 13:50Profile
roadsign

Re: faking?

Quote:
I am so down and confused now, it is causing me to even wonder if I have ever been saved.
I don't know if I am just beaten up spiritually and being a doubter because of circumstances?

Mike! Your salvation is not dependent on what you feel about it. It is dependent on God. There are countless who are very assured about their salvation, but, are really trusting in their assurance. But assurance is not what gets people into heaven.

Maybe God is taking you through this time of doubt so that you will learn to trust HIM, and not yourself. Can you trust GOD to get you through to the end?

Quote:
Until I know with out a doubt I am His, I won't be back to SI. I can't fake it anymore while I am struggling with this issue.

Faking? It seems like you are being honest about how you feel right now.

Someone once said to me, “It’s impossible to be totally free from hypocrisy.” I am inclined to believe that more and more, and am convinced that only God knows what I am still faking (unconsciously, of course). I am reliant on him to lead me to truth and honesty in the inner places.

I hope you change your mind about your presence on SI. This is not the place where only the fully honest dwell, after all. … or maybe nobody should be here.

Diane

2007/10/13 17:48Profile

Re:

I appreciate it so much all the encouragement and prayers. I have been reluctant to get back on SI. I don't plan on totally forsaking it, I just felt that I should take a break. There is so much spiritual food on SI, I don't think my body can take it. I can't speak for all churches, but the ones that I have been apart of, NEVER had doctrine like this! When the truth of Gods Word is proclaimed without compromise its exciting and then on the same token there is much despair because it is not preached this way in most places.

I have took the advice from Paul Washer and went into the woods to throw rocks at heaven. I rented a cabin and prayed, cried to the Lord and read for a few hours. It was hot, no electricity and I couldn't even get the fire started, so I quit and went home! I was crushed and defeated. I just don't have it in me anymore to knock on the door of heaven. I am a spoiled brat i have to say, when I don't get my way, I then begin to see myself sin and then more guilt is heaped on me.

It is just hard for me to put this into words, but it is the darkest struggle I have been in. Maybe I covet to much of others revelation and insight of the Cross. But, I can't let it go, I don't just want to believe, I want something deeper. I just want to make sure its not head knowledge. listening to these Godly men on SI, they have such a deep understanding of Christ, they know something that most evangelicals don't. Its one thing to say HE is Holy! But to really believe this! TO know it! that one thing. Words are thrown around at church life and christian life carelessly. Its our lingo! It takes away the biblical meaning of those words. Example from Paul Washer from a video clip on the name of Jesus. Its amazing to hear and humbling.
http://reformationnation.wordpress.com/2007/09/13/paul-washer-on-the-name-of-jesus/

because I don't have this type of understanding that others have, it causes me to wonder about my faith! God is Holy and Righteous, I have learned this and said this upteen times! I want to know it for myself! ITs all in Gods hands, He chooses those whom He chooses. I can't force Him.

Its weird right now thanks for understanding.

Mike

2007/10/13 17:53
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Blessed be God, for out hardest times come the most wonderful work of God in our hearts. For this when we cry out with all we have. Brother I am so thankful for this trail for God is with you to draw you to Himself. He wants you to know Him. What wonderful truth we do while to know. I think about the men in bible how God spoke to them. God dosn't let go of His child. He will bring you through. Don't give up their is hope in Chrit. But Bless be God. He want his children to want him to hear his voice. We can get caught up in men. sermons and books. But to know our God we must be with Him alone. The battle is hard. these last two week, I have questioned if God had called me to prayer, I have had such struggles..When we do things out of our flesh we fall, and get upset. But I think that there are time I sought God and it didn't turn out the way I wanted. This is a time to get deep in our hearts and see our thoughts. To see if there is any sin.
Brother I am praying for you.. and will keep doing so, I am thankful when we are not faithful he is. but I know God doing a wonderful work in our heart. Praise God for grace he has given you. To see what you are seeing, that is grace a gift from God

edit

in his love
charlene

2007/10/13 19:18Profile
dohzman

Just a thought to your original dilema

John 20:24-29

It's still a faith walk. We walk(live) by faith not by sight.

2007/10/13 19:53Profile
osasbright

Nigeria

Re: I am not sure of my salvation anymore?

I will advise other members to strive with me in prayer for brother mike.

if we all could make an intercession for him, i believe our brother's confidence will be restored back.

Let us not only exhort him with words but rather do the most important thing , which is prayer.

Remember, he that saves a soul covers a multitude of sin.

2007/10/13 20:08Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy