SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Jesus Christ, An Offence To ‘Westernized Christianity’

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
pastorfrin

Jesus Christ, An Offence To ‘Westernized Christianity’

Western Christianity from a Third World Perspective
Please read prayerfully and if you take offence check yourself in comparison to the words of Jesus.
Matthew 16:23
But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Is it possible that we just as Peter have been caught up in being one who:

“thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.”

I believe it is worth a daily, sometimes many times a day, examination of self; asking the Lord to search me and give me the grace to see, if there be any evil way in me.

2 Cor. 13:5a
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves.

Psalm 26:2
Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

In His Love
pastorfrin

Jesus Christ, An Offence To ‘Westernized Christianity’
Kato Mivule
January 1, 2006

1 Peter 2:4-8 (ASV)
4 unto whom coming, a living stone, rejected indeed of men, but with God elect, precious,
5 ye also, as living stones, are built up a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
6 Because it is contained in scripture, Behold, I lay in Zion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: And he that believeth on him shall not be put to shame.
7 For you therefore that believe is the preciousness: but for such as disbelieve, The stone which the builders rejected, The same was made the head of the corner;
8 and, A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence; for they stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Blessings in Christ Jesus as we walk through the year 2006. May The Lord lead us and guide us through every step of the way closer and deeper in Him more than before. Certainly there is a lot of anticipation prophetically. However, The Lord will continue His separation of those who are His from those who are not.

‘Westernized Christianity’ on a Downward Spiral…
‘Westernized Christianity’ will continue on its downward spiral too and continuously be OFFENDED by Jesus Christ and His Holy Saints who hold onto the Testimony of Jesus Christ… “Westernized Christianity’ is NOT Biblical Christianity and we MUST SEPARATE TOTALLY from Such…

It is very clear that ‘Westernized Christianity’ has REJECTED Jesus Christ and His Holy Word and therefore OFFENDED at Christ’s Holy Word. Christ Jesus is not the Cornerstone of Western Civilization and ‘Westernized Christianity’. Christ Jesus has clearly become a stone of stumbling and a rock of offence for the whole Western Civilization and ‘Westernized Christianity’. They therefore stumble at His Word being disobedient because they love the world and are friends of the world.

Things will only continue on a downward spiral as Nations race towards a One World Government that will rise to hate and fight against Christ Jesus and His Holy Saints. Lots of warnings have been given through the Holy Scriptures and by many ‘Prophetic’ Saints of our day.

There can be no excuse that we did not get the warnings. The trumpets have been sounding loud and very clear. The Sounds of the Trumpet warning the Saints to awake are sadly an offence to those who practice and indulge in ‘Westernized Christianity’. However, still the warning has gone out and there will be no excuse.

“Christians” with one foot still in the world…
Sad to say is that many “Christians” refuse to prepare spiritually by ‘Coming Out’ of The World and its “Christian” Religious System. Even those who have come to know the Truth about The Last Days still have one foot in the world and the other in the things of God, all hoping that somehow God will continue to give them an ‘extension’ and a ‘delay’ so they can ‘finish’ their plans in the world.

To such “Christians”, the warnings of Our Lord Jesus Christ are an OFFENCE to them…they are greatly offended because Truth requires action that they change their lifestyles from that of ease to one by which they carry their cross and follow Jesus Christ.

Having returned to Africa from the United States, I have been astonished at the breadth and width of what I have termed as ‘Westernized Christianity’ and how this type of Christianity is flourishing across Africa, especially in the urban areas courtesy of ‘American Christian Media’.

The fruit of such labors by ‘Westernized Christianity’ has been the ‘Apostasy’ and the ‘Great Falling Away’. Christians, Churches and Church Leaders who used to love Jesus Christ have turned their backs towards the True Word of God and embraced fully what The West markets around the world as ‘Christianity’ but is certainly ‘Another Gospel’ and NOT Biblical Christianity.

When it comes to understanding the Prophetic Times in which we live, many have been mesmerized and hoodwinked by ‘Westernized Christianity’ that all will be fine and ‘nothing bad will happen to them’, that ‘they will be raptured away’…such false security is very common and pervasive as is always the case with folks who embrace ‘Westernized Christianity’ and its Doctrines.

Image of the World, World-ians, World-like…
I sometimes turn on Radio and TV to check out what the ‘Apostles’ of ‘Westernized Christianity’ are teaching here in Africa. I have found an amazing thing…the teachings are engineered to transform the peoples into a Western Christian Image. This is what now millions around the Christian world are striving for…to be like the American Christians they see of Christian TV.

They are being conformed to the image of the World, which is the Image of Western Civilization and all its wealth and riches. Christians around the World are being transformed into the Image they see portrayed by the ‘Apostles’ of ‘Westernized Christianity’… They are not being transformed into the Image of Christ Jesus but that of the World…

Romans 8:29 (ASV)
29 For whom he foreknew, he also foreordained to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren:

Romans 12:1-2 (ASV)
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service.
2 And be not fashioned according to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, and ye may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

The Word of God is very clear, that we don’t be CONFORMED to the IMAGE of this WORLD but we are to be TRANSFORMED by renewing our MIND certainly by The Word of God and not giving excuses for our easy and lax lifestyles while ignoring the Sure Word of Prophesy that we have even in light of the days we live, knowing that these are indeed the Last Days…

2 Peter 1:19-21 (ASV)
19 And we have the word of prophecy made more sure; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day-star arise in your hearts:
20 knowing this first, that no prophecy of scripture is of private interpretation.
21 For no prophecy ever came by the will of man: but men spake from God, being moved by the Holy Spirit.

We cannot afford to continue be transformed into the Image of this World and still call our selves “Christians”. We are NOT Christ-Like if we are CONFORMED to the Image of this World. Those so-called Christians who are Conformed to the Image of this world are to be called ‘World–Like’ and therefore ‘World-ians’ and NOT Christ-Like or Christians.

We MUST TOTALLY SEPARATE from all that calls us to be transformed into the Image of the World. Certainly as we shall see ‘Westernized Christianity’ is a powerful vehicle that is out to transform “Christians” in their churches into the Image of the world, even if possible to hoodwink the Elect – Remnant into this Image of the World.

There is absolutely no doubt that the world has successfully entered in to the Church and the doctrines being taught and promoted by ‘Westernized Christianity’ are geared to conform “Christians” to the Religious Image of the World and finally to be like the World.

The Ingredients of ‘Westernized Christianity’…
Below I have listed some of the Doctrines taught and being fully funded and supported by the “Christians” in the West through their Churches, bible Colleges, and Worldwide Western Christian Media. This has become the norm around the world and Christians are abandoning Biblical Christianity in exchange for what the West has offered them…

1) Once Saved Always Saved Doctrine (False Eternal Security)…
2) ‘Ask Jesus in Your Heart’ Doctrine…
3) Pre-Tribulation (Fly Away) Rapture Doctrine…
4) Prosperity and Materialism Gospel Doctrine…
5) Purpose Driven Life Gospel Doctrine…
6) ‘Hell is Not Real’ Doctrine…
7) ‘Jesus Loves All, Don’t Offend Anyone, False Tolerance’ Doctrine…
8) Church Growth Movement Doctrine…
9) One-Man Pastor Leadership Doctrine…
10) Tithes Doctrine…
11) Women Pastors (Ruling Over Men) Feminism Doctrine…
12) ‘The Bible Gives Various Opinions’ Doctrine…
13) ‘Miracles Not for Today’ Cessation Doctrine…
14) ‘Marriage and Divorce According to the West’ Doctrine…
15) ‘You cannot Overcome Sin until Jesus Returns’ Doctrine…
16) Dominionism, Political Christianity – Christians Taking Over World Governments Doctrine…
17) Ecumenism, Universalism, and False Unity (Don’t Separate) Doctrines…
18) ‘Multi Million Dollar Mega Church Building Project’ Doctrine…
19) ‘The Holy Scriptures are not ALL True’ Doctrine…
20) Denominationalism Doctrine…
21) Gay Marriage Doctrine…
22) ‘Seeker Friendly Churches (Friends to the World)’ Doctrine…
23) ‘Bible Colleges and Intellectualism of Christianity’ Doctrine…

…And many more, just to mention a few…

All the above Doctrines are what make up Western Christianity and are FULLY FUNDED and PROMOTED around the world by the False Apostles of ‘Western Christianity’. This is Clearly ANOTHER GOSPEL and NOT BIBLICAL CHRISTIANITY as founded on the foundation of the APOSTLES AND PROPHETS and BOOK OF ACTS CHRISTIANITY.

Galatians 1: 6-10 (ASV)
6 I marvel that ye are so quickly removing from him that called you in the grace of Christ unto a different gospel;
7 which is not another gospel only there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach unto you any gospel other than that which we preached unto you, let him be anathema.
9 As we have said before, so say I now again, if any man preacheth unto you any gospel other than that which ye received, let him be anathema.
10 For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ.

So, the characteristics of Childishness, Ignorance and Lies is what in my humblest terms can best describe ‘Western Christianity’, Paul The Apostle would have better words for such…that those who hold this “Another Gospel” be ACCURSED…

1 Peter 1:13-16 (ASV)
13 Wherefore girding up the loins of your mind, be sober and set your hope perfectly on the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
14 as children of obedience, not fashioning yourselves according to your former lusts in the time of your ignorance:
15 but like as he who called you is holy, be ye yourselves also holy in all manner of living;
16 because it is written, Ye shall be holy; for I am holy.
17 And if ye call on him as Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to each man's work, pass the time of your sojourning in fear:
18 knowing that ye were redeemed, not with corruptible things, with silver or gold, from your vain manner of life handed down from your fathers;
19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb without spot, even the blood of Christ:

‘Westernized Christianity’ = Traditions of Men…
It is very clear that all Doctrines that make up ‘Westernized Christianity’ conform one to their ‘former lusts’ as in their time of ignorance. These ‘Westernized Christianity’ Doctrines certainly conform one to the Image of the world and cause one to follow after the lusts of the world. The Lord Calls us to TOTALLY SEPARATE from such and be Holy as The Lord Himself is Holy. We are not at one time to compromise and eat of the leaven supplied by ‘Westernized Christianity’.

We are to discern it and purge out all the leaven. We are not to give excuses, without holiness no one will see The Lord…knowing that ye were redeemed, not with corruptible things, with silver or gold, form your vain manner of life handed down from your fathers – Traditions of Men. Clearly the ingredients of ‘Westernized Christianity’ are the Traditions of Men, which only cause men to love the world and be friends of the world. The bible is so clear that we be not conformed to the Image of this world, be friends of the world or even love the world. We are clearly to be SEPARATE and HOLY unto The Lord…

Romans 8:5-8(ASV)
5 For they that are after the flesh mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For the mind of the flesh is death; but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace:
7 because the mind of the flesh is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can it be:
8 and they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

So, a very critical analysis of the Ingredients of ‘Westernized Christianity’ clearly shows that such doctrines are formed to entertain the flesh and not put death to the flesh that the life of Christ Jesus might fully be formed in us. ‘Westernized Christianity’ is after the mind of the flesh and therefore an enemy to God. One can therefore NOT Please God while embracing the Doctrines of ‘Westernized Christianity’. It is clear that we must weed out and purge out this leaven of ‘Westernized Christianity’ and follow wholly after God’s Pure Word with NO COMPROMISE…

1 Corinthians 5: 4-8 (ASV)
4 in the name of our Lord Jesus, ye being gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus,
5 to deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6 Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7 Purge out the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, even as ye are unleavened. For our passover also hath been sacrificed, even Christ:
8 wherefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

‘Westernized Christianity’ is All About Man and Money…
…And if one notes carefully, All the above doctrines have to do with Man and a RETURN to The LAW by Rejecting God’s Word and the Grace it Provides…and also a Money Making Scheme and an Easy Life that the Western Culture Provides, especially in America…

The West is the GREATEST promoter of the ‘Another Gospel’ because of her wealth and affluence. Therefore the West receives the “harshest, sharpest “ of all rebukes. Western Christianity is Totally tied to Money and Mammon and engrained in the Culture of Babylon as in Revelations 18…

Come Out of Her, Come out of The Harlot System…
My advice is that All True Christians should COME OUT OF HER; least they partake of her plagues and judgments… Yes, The Lord is calling ALL True Christians to come out of Babylon America and her ‘Western Christianity’ and Return to Bible Christianity as established by The Teachings of Jesus Christ, the Apostles in the Book of Acts and the Epistles…

I lived in America seven years and I had to ‘Come Out’ of the ‘Western Christianity’ Doctrines – I had to come out of the Babylonian Religious System… It was hard and painful but very releasing and actually healing to me as I obeyed the Word of The Lord. Once I came to hear and know the Truth from God’s Word, it set me free from the Traditions and Laws of ‘Westernized Christianity’ a.k.a. Modern, Post Modern, and Emergent Christianity.

Truth is sometimes painful and hard to deal with because Truth requires you take action to act on the Truth we have known or heard. The Human tendency is to shield our selves with numerous excuses and of course the West has devised ways to not be offended by Truth…God’s Word is Clear COME OUT OF HER, BE SEPARATE…

Revelations 18: 4-5 (ASV)
4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come forth, my people, out of her, that ye have no fellowship with her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues: 5 for her sins have reached even unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

‘Western Christianity’ boasts of its wealth and resources and therefore refuses to REPENT and turn away from such evil Doctrines and even takes the audacity to chastise and persecute those who speak Truth by calling them “Hateful”, “Unchristian”, and “Filled with Bitterness”. The Lord Jesus Christ is so clear…

Revelations 3:14-22 (ASV)
14 And to the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. 16 So because thou art lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spew thee out of my mouth. 17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and have gotten riches, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art the wretched one and miserable and poor and blind and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold refined by fire, that thou mayest become rich; and white garments, that thou mayest clothe thyself, and that the shame of thy nakedness be not made manifest; and eyesalve to anoint thine eyes, that thou mayest see. 19 As many as I love, I reprove and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. 21 He that overcometh, I will give to him to sit down with me in my throne, as I also overcame, and sat down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith to the churches.

‘Western Christianity’ Offended by Truth…
With this kind of ministry I have from The Lord to warn and call people to repentance, I have been distasteful to those who practice and embrace ‘Westernized Christianity’. I have been referred to as “Hateful”, “Lacking Love”, “Full of Bitterness”, “Intolerant” and “ Self Righteous”, many more. The Truth is that the Parishioners of ‘Westernized Christianity’ HATE TRUTH and are OFFENDED by the very words of Jesus Christ.

I have noticed many who stand in the same calling and anointed to call God’s people to Repentance being called “Hateful” and “Filled with Bitterness” and “Self Righteous” by those who love the goodies that the rich and affluent western civilization offers. This includes those so-called remnant Christians who refuse to repent and still love the world and the things therein.

I have spoken to a number of Pastors and Church Leaders here in Africa whose eyes are open to see and hear Truth and they DETEST ‘Western Christianity’ and are asking what they should do. They are fed up with Western Christian TV Programming and lies spread on so-called Christian TV. They see the fruit is the World in their congregations and a Great Falling Away. These things are taken lightly in the eyes of Americans who hold onto Western Christianity Doctrines but it is very GRIEVOUS BEFORE THE LORD…

I have called a ‘Spade’ a ‘Spade’ and not called a Spade a ‘Big Spoon’. I know The West has been socially engineered to believe and accept only “Love” Gospel and total Hate for any ‘John The Baptist’ Preachers; the West always ‘requires such preachers’ heads on a platter’… I am used to e-mails of people calling me “self righteous”, “bitter”, “hateful”, “bigot”, “filled with rage” simply because I challenged them and told them that their ‘Western Christian Ways’ of Thought are Childish, Ignorant and Lies…and none can dispute any of those HARD PAINFUL FACTS AND TRUTH…

Jeremiah 16:19
O Jehovah, my strength, and my stronghold, and my refuge in the day of affliction, unto thee shall the nations come from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Our fathers have inherited nought but lies, even vanity and things wherein there is no profit. (ASV)

The West has been Socially Engineered to not be “Offended” at All, every one has to be “Positive” and anyone who does otherwise is “filled with bitterness” and “a hate for the brothers”, and “not weak to the weak”…this is nothing short of an escapism mentality and pure double mindedness and hypocrisy on part of the West while The Rest of The World FULLY ABSORBS ‘WESTERN CHRISTIANITY’ LIES WITH NO RESISTANCE…

Proverbs 27:5
Better is open rebuke Than love that is hidden. (ASV)

No Apologies for Truth…
I cannot therefore apologize for Truth as laid down in God’s Word. If I did, I would have to totally recant all that I believe as True and put all my Tools back in the Tool Box and head back to Rome. (I hear The Pope needs more “open-minded” people and “love” from Christians”).

The West and ALL its civilization is OFFENDED by Jesus Christ and His Word. This can be seen in all institutions of the West such as Academic, Political, Social, and Economical…Jesus Christ and Holiness don’t sell.

The Rock of Offence for the West is Jesus Christ. He is also a Stone of Stumbling and as a result Judgment is headed towards the West in great severity and harshness because they knew the truth and rejected it for lies.

Repent and turn away from ‘Westernized Christianity’…
My message to Christians in the West is to totally REPENT and turn away from ‘Westernized Christianity’ to True Biblical Christianity. Let this be the year that those who stand make a clear stand and not ‘soft peddle’ the Gospel in endeavors to entertain and not offend the Rich and Affluent ‘Westernized Christians’… There is no middle ground. The time for ‘Cheap Grace’ is over and the time of Christians using “be weak to the weak” as a cover for their sins, error, and self-indulgent lifestyle is over.

If you are of The Lords’ then make your stand known and not lukewarm, if you are cold be cold, if you are hot then be so… Decide this day whom you will serve, ‘Westernized Christianity’ – Babylonian Christianity or Jesus Christ in Holiness and Fear, working out your salvation in fear and trembling…make your choice today and don’t hinder those who want to run after The Lord by claiming grace, grace, when it is a cover to indulge more in the delicacies of ‘Westernized Christianity’…Make Your Choice Today!

Repentance Preachers, Sound your Trumpets Louder…
For those who are called to preach Repentance and Warn all men about the coming Judgment, sound your Trumpets even louder. Don’t ‘relent’ Truth; call a Spade a Spade and Don’t Call a Spade a Big Spoon so as to sound Politically Correct so as not to offend ‘Westernized’ hearers. This is the time when Men hate to Hear Truth…and are busy looking for teachers who will entertain them… ‘Westernized Christianity’ HATES the Cross of Jesus Christ and are not willing to carry their cross an inch…that is why when they hear about the coming judgments, they ask for more extensions from The Lord so as to indulge more in the delicacies of Western Civilization…

2 Timothy 4:1-5
1 I charge thee in the sight of God, and of Christ Jesus, who shall judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom:
2 preach the word; be urgent in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure the sound doctrine; but, having itching ears, will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts;
4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and turn aside unto fables.
5 But be thou sober in all things, suffer hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfil thy ministry

Those who tell them the Truth are their enemies…

Galatians 4:16
16 So then am I become your enemy, by telling you the truth?

The West and its ‘Westernized Christianity’ is increasingly becoming very hostile to Truth and those who proclaim Truth and call for Repentance are seen as Enemies… Jesus Christ is the Rock of Offence to the West and Western Civilization but for sure Jesus Christ is the same Stone of Stumbling that will cause the Collapse and Demise of Western Civilization…for His Judgments are Righteous, Just, and True…Amen!

Your Fellow Servant in Christ Jesus
Kato Mivule
Entebbe, Uganda. Africa

2007/10/12 12:17Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re: Jesus Christ, An Offence To ‘Westernized Christianity’

Brothers and sisters... please, this [i]should not[/i] be neglected, this should be read by as many as possible...

Don't be afraid of the length of the article... I feel that this is [i]prophetic[/i] and most serious warning and feel that should be sticked on the home page... There is so much here, so much of vital importance...

2007/10/12 20:00Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
1) Once Saved Always Saved Doctrine (False Eternal Security)…
2) ‘Ask Jesus in Your Heart’ Doctrine…
4) Prosperity and Materialism Gospel Doctrine…
5) Purpose Driven Life Gospel Doctrine…
6) ‘Hell is Not Real’ Doctrine…
7) ‘Jesus Loves All, Don’t Offend Anyone, False Tolerance’ Doctrine…
8) Church Growth Movement Doctrine…
9) One-Man Pastor Leadership Doctrine…
10) Tithes Doctrine…
11) Women Pastors (Ruling Over Men) Feminism Doctrine…
12) ‘The Bible Gives Various Opinions’ Doctrine…
13) ‘Miracles Not for Today’ Cessation Doctrine…
14) ‘Marriage and Divorce According to the West’ Doctrine…
15) ‘You cannot Overcome Sin until Jesus Returns’ Doctrine…
16) Dominionism, Political Christianity – Christians Taking Over World Governments Doctrine…
17) Ecumenism, Universalism, and False Unity (Don’t Separate) Doctrines…
18) ‘Multi Million Dollar Mega Church Building Project’ Doctrine…
19) ‘The Holy Scriptures are not ALL True’ Doctrine…
20) Denominationalism Doctrine…
21) Gay Marriage Doctrine…
22) ‘Seeker Friendly Churches (Friends to the World)’ Doctrine…
23) ‘Bible Colleges and Intellectualism of Christianity’ Doctrine…

…And many more, just to mention a few…

Yes, truly modern evangelical Christianity is far from the biblical original. May God show His grace and mercy to us as we seek to recover the precious jewel that we have lost.

2007/10/12 21:12Profile
chrstsm

Re:

I must wholly agree with this brother. My country is Satan's delight. However, I do have one question. Our brother states 1) "Once Saved Always Saved Doctrine (False Eternal Security)…". I ask: Once I am born, how can I be unborn? I understand that I will face the Judgment Seat of Christ and my life and my works will be exposed to His fire:
12)Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw,

13)each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work.

14)If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward.

15)If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire (1 Corinthians 3:12-15). If I am born of God, I will be saved, but will suffer loss and as through fire. I cannot make up for the things that I have done. I can only work out my salvation with fear and trembling and unto His glory. The reason that I love Him is because He first loved me.
I am not writing this to play games. This is more than seriuos! As I have first stated, this brother is very correct with the tragedy of "Western Christianity". As I study the Word and history, and the Apostles (Paul especially), fought the fake gospel daily and when Constantine legalized Christianity, the enemy stepped right into our blessed faith. We are repeatedly told by our brothers in the scriptures that we, the Church are to suffer and be persecuted for the Life of Jesus Christ "if we suffer, we shall reign with Him" (2 Timothy 2:11). I ask for your discipline and teaching in this.
Thanks,
Mike

2007/10/12 22:19Profile
Lowly

Re: born and unborn

Hi Chrstsm,
I was considering what you said about osas and your analogy. It reminded me of Hebrews 12, which I think goes along with the rest of your post. The Lord is telling us if we do not submit to the disipline of our Heavenly Father we will not partake of His holiness. If we are not trained by it we will not yield the peaceable fruit of righteousness. I say this because it states that if we are not subject to His chastening then we will not be sons, but we will be illegitimate children. So even though we may be born, we may not attain the inheritance of the legal heir/son, but the reward of the disobedient children.

This is my very first post. Hi everyone.

In His amazing love,

Lowly

2007/10/13 9:23Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Brother Greg wrote:

"Yes, truly modern evangelical Christianity is far from the biblical original. May God show His grace and mercy to us as we seek to recover the precious jewel that we have lost."

Yes Brother Greg, we need to realize that the 'precious jewel' that we seek to recover,
is the cross

"Things will only continue on a downward spiral as Nations race towards a One World Government that will rise to hate and fight against Christ Jesus and His Holy Saints. Lots of warnings have been given through the Holy Scriptures and by many ‘Prophetic’ Saints of our day.

There can be no excuse that we did not get the warnings. The trumpets have been sounding loud and very clear. The Sounds of the Trumpet warning the Saints to awake are sadly an offence to those who practice and indulge in ‘Westernized Christianity’. However, still the warning has gone out and there will be no excuse.

“Christians” with one foot still in the world…
Sad to say is that many “Christians” refuse to prepare spiritually by ‘Coming Out’ of The World and its “Christian” Religious System. Even those who have come to know the Truth about The Last Days still have one foot in the world and the other in the things of God, all hoping that somehow God will continue to give them an ‘extension’ and a ‘delay’ so they can ‘finish’ their plans in the world.

To such “Christians”, the warnings of Our Lord Jesus Christ are an OFFENCE to them…they are greatly offended because Truth requires action that they change their lifestyles from that of ease to one by which they carry their cross and follow Jesus Christ."

Yes it is time to deny ourselves, take up our cross daily, and follow Him.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/10/13 10:14Profile

Re:

Regarding OSAS, there are plenty of threads to debate with brethren (I mean discuss :0) but even the serious 5 point teachers on this site like Paul Washer will clearly say that what is called OSAS in todays chrsitendom is nothing more then an invention of hell.

I believe this is far different then the preserverence of the saints or similar doctrine taught by puritans and previous generations of reformed believers. So in the sense that OSAS is taught in our so called church system today, it does belongs in this list regardless of how reformed or not we are theologically.

In Christ - Jim

2007/10/13 14:50
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi pastorfrin...

Quote:

For the most part, I agree with the list included in the article.

However, is the writer of this article so bold as to claim that a "pre-tribulation rapture" is a "false doctrine" invented by the modern church? The idea of a rapture BEFORE the coming wrath of God has been around an awfully long time. It is not confined to believers in the West, as I know sincere believers around the world who either embrace the concept or are open to the possibility. I am still somewhat persuaded of a pre-tribulation rapture, even if I am uncertain that such an event is a certainty. However, I don't think that anyone can claim with complete certainty that such an event is not at least plausible.

Anyway, this is an interesting article.

:-)

p.s. - The same is true, in my opinion, of the idea of New Testament "tithing." I don't mean to sound like I am validating the idea of "varied opinions" from the Bible (#12 on the list), but there are often good reasons for particular beliefs -- even if they may be undoubtedly wrong. BTW, I don't think that some of the ideas in the list are necessarily "[i]doctrines[/i]" of the Church. Most of them are simply flawed ideas.

2007/10/13 15:25Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re: Jesus Christ, An Offence To ‘Westernized Christianity’

Thank you for sharing that, Pastorfrin. I think the Lord is in the process of showing many of His Children the things spoken of in that article. We in Western Christianity (churchianity), have departed very far from the Word of the Lord on many different topics of concern in the Christian life. I have shared this article with other brothers/sisters, as I think it is a VERY good thing for us to really consider the truth of what this "other side of the world" brother is speaking to us.

2007/10/13 16:49Profile
pastorfrin

Re:

Chris wrote:
Quote:

“For the most part, I agree with the list included in the article.

However, is the writer of this article so bold as to claim that a "pre-tribulation rapture" is a "false doctrine" invented by the modern church?”

I don’t know Chris, why don’t you ask him?

http://www.yesumulungi.com/index.htm

He was so bold as to claim:

So yes, I would guess he is that bold; again though, I would recommend you ask Brother Kato.

Happy to hear you find the article interesting.
:-)

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/10/14 13:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy