SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Muslims Leaders Warn Pope 'Survival of World' at Stake (article)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Muslims Leaders Warn Pope 'Survival of World' at Stake (article)

In an unprecedented open letter signed by 138 leading scholars from every sect of Islam, the Muslims plead with Christian leaders "to come together with us on the common essentials of our two religions" and spell out the similarities between passages of the Bible and the Koran.
___nuff said.....

[url=http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301116,00.html]Article Link Here[/url]

2007/10/11 8:53Profile

Re: Muslims Leaders Warn Pope 'Survival of World' at Stake (article)

[b]Pope Benedict XVI has invited Henry Kissinger, former adviser to Richard Nixon, to be a political consultant and he accepted.[/b]

BY EDWARD PENTIN

National Catholic Register Correspondent

VATICAN CITY — Over the course of his long and controversial career, former U.S. Secretary of State Henry Kissinger has had many titles. Now he reportedly has one more — adviser to the Pope.

According to the Italian newspaper La Stampa, Pope Benedict XVI has invited the 83-year-old former adviser to Richard Nixon to be a political consultant, and Kissinger has accepted.

Quoting an “authoritative” diplomatic source at the Holy See, the paper reported Nov. 4 that the Nobel laureate was asked at a recent private audience with the Holy Father to form part of a papal “advisory board” on foreign and political affairs.

As the Register went to press, Kissinger’s office was unable to confirm or deny the report. La Stampa stood by its story, although the Italian press is less rigorous in its authentication of stories as is the United States Press.

If true, there is speculation on which issues Kissinger would advise the Holy Father. Relations with Islam, Palestine and Israel, and Iraq — Kissinger has been critical of the conduct of the war but opposes a quick withdrawal — are likely to be high up on the agenda.

It has also been speculated that, in view of the Muslim hostility to Benedict’s recent Regensburg speech, Kissinger might provide advice on dealing with an increasingly fractious Islamic world.

Furthermore, like the Pope, Kissinger has analyzed the challenges of globalization and might provide advice in this area as well.

“The idea [of his appointment] sounds like a good one,” said veteran Vatican journalist Sandro Magister. “But so would it also be to consult other experts on geopolitics with different orientations.”

As possible expert advisers with different perspectives, Magister listed Catholic philosopher and former diplomat Michael Novak; Bernard Lewis, professor of Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University; and foreign policy experts such as Charles Kupchan and G. John Ikenberry.

Expert Advice

The recruitment of Kissinger would not be unprecedented. Experts from a variety of disciplines, including the realm of economics, politics and philosophy, are regularly invited to advise popes and Vatican officials on current affairs.

Pope John Paul II was close friends with Zbigniew Brzezinski, the Polish-born national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter, partly because both had a common Polish heritage (though this caused the Soviets to suspect the Vatican of “fixing” the election of Karol Wojtyla, which occurred during the Carter presidency).

Similarly to John Paul and Brzezinski, Benedict and Kissinger are close in age and were both born in Bavaria (a Jew, Kissinger and his family fled Nazi Germany before World War II).

In recent years, other figures invited to share their expertise with the Holy See have included Paul Wolfowitz, a former President Bush adviser and now president of the World Bank; Michel Camdessus, the former director of the International Monetary Fund; American economist Jeffrey Sachs and Hans Tietmeyer, former governor of Germany’s central bank.

The pontifical academies also regularly call on academic luminaries as consultants, such as Nobel laureates Gary Becker, the successor to Milton Friedman at the Chicago School of Economics, and Italian medical researcher Rita Levi-Montalcini.

In comments to the Register, Novak said that “many, maybe most” of these experts are not Catholic, but that the Pope “can call in certain experts he wants to talk to, or hear a paper from, with discussion in a small group.”

Novak said this is true of both Benedict XVI and John Paul II, whom he described as having “very curious and searching minds.”

Any appointment of Kissinger is likely to cause some unease, however. One Iranian radio station is already reporting the news as a “papal-Jewish conspiracy,” while others object to the Pope consulting with someone who has been widely identified with the realpolitik school of political analysis, an approach that places practical considerations before morality.

‘Different Voices’

Yet like Pope John Paul II, Benedict XVI is winning recognition for his intellectual ability and his capacity to discuss international issues with a diverse spectrum of world figures, ranging from the Dalai Lama to the late atheist polemicist Oriana Fallaci and to Mustapha Cherif, an Algerian Muslim philosopher whom he met this month.

“Such an appointment would really show Benedict XVI to be contrary to his media image, as someone who’s willing to listen to other voices not in accordance with his views,” said one Holy See diplomat about the reported enlistment of Kissinger as a papal adviser. “It’s always helpful to hear different voices offering different views.” [End Article]

[Note: Kissinger is a prominent NWO man and so is the Pope.]

No, not "nuff said". And this is not directed at you ravenmolehill - but just my sentiments on this entire subject.

"Christians" are on a Holy Crusade - their own Jihad.

Most feel, either the Muslim's instantly convert to their form of Christianity or we'll just have to nuke the whole blasted bunch of them to Hell.

There were no proofs of WMDs and Iran just wants Nuclear power plants.

Then the Christians complain that Islam is spread by "the sword"?

There are Radicals in all three monotheistic religions - but we want to nuke the whole of this one bunch off the planet for their few radicals.

We could appeal to this bunch that went to the pope to find ways to rid the world of their own radicals and then the war drums will stop - but we won't try that.

The NEWS does not report how many attempts have been made by the Iranian President to make peace with us. The News has lied, twisted and covered up almost everything he's said. There's been dis-information on this whole thing since 9/11, but the Christians believe Rupert Murdoch before fellow Christians. All major networks are owned by NWO Globalists - but we only want [i]those[/i] sources posted and call all the others Conspiracy Theorists or Liberal or Democrats or Communists or worse - even if they're fellow Christians reporting.

If you want to believe everything you read or hear, and not believe that there are people wanting a NWO more than anything else in this world and can only "get it done" by this next war, that's your perogative.

Keep believing your NWO controlled media. That is the Lie of 2 Thess 2:11 that Christians are being "given over to".

Yes, these Muslims are right in one thing - this [i]is[/i] the end of the world As We Know It.

The Whole world will hate Christians because of the unholy terror of this war to come and behead us and this war will bring the NWO and UN breathing down your necks.

So go support 'killing' -- or pray that God would open your eyes to see what is really happening with all of this and what powers are pulling the and our strings.

There isn't much more time to get that "spirit of hatred and killing" out of our spirits - that GOD [b]will[/b] hold us accountable for.

This is all Biblical - whether one can see that or not and not just "political". This whole war is Biblical and God Foreknew and wrote what would happen. But we don't want to be in "those days".
We want our careers and freedom and fun - not last days thoughts or talk.

So be it.

LORD I pray - that those who "know better" on this Forum will FINALLY Speak-Out on these threads about the NWO and quit hiding so you won't be rebuked. God holds you responsible to save this generation of Christian's minds & souls - because you Do Know but are hiding it under a bushel so you won't lose your "peaceful" place here. I know who knows here - and for the Sake of God's Love for humanity - Please open your mouths and not think of yourselves only and if you'll get banned or lose your peaceful membership here.

If you love God and others more than yourself - Speak out here in public and not just privately amongst yourselves in hidden places.

Love your brethren enough to stand up for them and Love them enough to tell them the truth of what is happening and what is coming because of it.

In The Love of Christ and for it - Please.
How can we seek Revival with hatred and killing in our hearts?

Nuff said by me. I won't post to this subject again - I've said enough - I took the demanded Sabbatical - asked to be banned so I wouldn't be tempted to break that Sabbatical -- prayed - came back - now you [b]men[/b] and a few women can decide what to do with your [u]short[/u] time here on earth.

Will always love you all, with all of my heart and soul.
Forever.

Annie

2007/10/11 13:39

Re:

[i]"The scholars state: "As Muslims, we say to Christians that we are not against them and that Islam is not against them - so long as they do not wage war against Muslims on account of their religion, oppress them and drive them out of their homes.""[/i]

Uhmmm... when did we "wage war" against Muslims on account of their religion in recent history? When have we "oppressed them and drove them out of their homes?"

Most muslims in this world who are killed are killed by other Muslims.

Who attacked who on 9/11?

Our government may have created [i]some[/i] of the mess in the middle east, but it certainly wasnt on account of religious differences.

What about the president of Iraq? What about all the Muslim leaders in the middle east who have called for the annihilation of Israel and the US? We havent called for their annihilation.

This is foolish gibberish.

Krispy

2007/10/11 14:03
ravenmolehil

North Carolina, US

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
This is foolish gibberish.
Krispy

YEP,, But what drives me crazy, is that its on the front page of their site & many are drinking this stuff down just as fast as they print it.... :-x

2007/10/11 14:58Profile

Re:

Bro Krispy - you asked when did it become a "religious" war.

Since Albert Pike, brother.

http://threeworldwars.com/albert-pike.htm

And since the CNP has become so influential in politcal policy. Founded by TimLahaye - with active members like SDA James Dobson, Colson and others and some in the CNP that arent' even Christians at all. There is a very strong dominionist type group behind this war and the proof was after the last meeting the CNP had in the Oval Office, Dobson came out and said on his show that he couldn't tell us what what discussed but that he was giving the whole week to discuss the coming war with Iran.

The quote of the President of Iran to destroy Israel came AFTER Israel said they'd destroy Iran and that was a reply - not a lone threat.
I have the letter he wrote begging President Bush for peace and the many other pleas he made, but he was drowned out by other voices and not heard.
I'm a full-blown die for Jesus person - but I've read everything from both sides of this controversy with Iraq and Iran.

Yes, it is in Bible prophecy that they both will be hit in Daniel 8 - but that is God Foretelling what will happen. That doesn't mean Christians should be crying out for blood.

What happened on 9/11? I know what happened and all I can do is give you the same answer as above.

The NWO boys will have their NWO by ANY means possible and this war was planned back from Albert Pike's days. :-o

Love you guys - sincerely.

2007/10/11 15:30

Re:

Quote:
What about the president of Iraq? What about all the Muslim leaders in the middle east who have called for the annihilation of Israel and the US? We havent called for their annihilation... Who attacked who on 9/11?

Funny you should ask. Neither Afghanis nor Iraqis were in those planes. A whole lot of Saudis were, though...

...you've littered the Middle East with radioactive depleted uranium munitions (gulf-war syndrome, anyone?)... "salting the earth" so that nothing grows there again...

...you've incited chaos, civil war, kidnappings, rape, slavery, murder, etc, etc, in a country that was under relative order under Saddam - even if tyrannical order...

Quote:
Our government may have created some of the mess in the middle east, but it certainly wasnt on account of religious differences.

I agree. It was for oil.

2007/10/11 15:49
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

"[i]Conjecture[/i] after [i]conjecture[/i] and [i]presumption[/i] after [i]presumption[/i] gives birth to [i]conspiracy[/i] after [i]conspiracy[/i] and [i]paranoia[/i] after [i]paranoia[/i]."

Quote:
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ."
- II Corinthians 10:5

"Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid. Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread."
- Isaiah 8:12-13

"Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?"
- Psalm 2:1

"Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness."
- Exodus 23:1

"Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour; I am the LORD."
- Leviticus 19:16

"Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."
- Matthew 15:17-20

"Put them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work, To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men."
- Titus 3:1-2

"Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king."
- I Peter 2:17

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
- Luke 17:20-21

"When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power."
- Acts 1:6-7

"But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord. But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption."
- II Peter 2:10-12

"The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going."
- Proverbs 14:15

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
- I Thessalonians 5:21

"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen."
- I Timothy 6:20-21

Conspiracy theories simply arise from someone who hears something that they [u]believe[/u] to be [i]fact[/i] and then presume to know either the [i]intentions for[/i] or [i]desired outcomes[/i] of those responsible. Simply put, they are sincere individuals with an overzealous imagination. They are those who make judgments within the limits of their information based upon the old "[i]If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck and has webbed feet like a duck...it MUST be a duck![/i] Yet they are simply unaware of the existence of the [u]platypus[/u]. They seem to feel that, since they already KNOW the outcome, then can find information that will support the belief. In the 1960s, they believed that the Social Security Number was the "mark of the beast." In the 1970s, many thought that Henry Kissinger was the anti-Christ. They saw the "European Common Market" as the forerunner of a one-world government. In the 1980s, many thought that Ronald Wilson Reagan was the anti-Christ. In the 1990s, some thought that Mikael Gorbachev was the anti-Christ. They saw the "New World Order" as a planned organization rather than an already existent idea following the fall of the Soviet Union's communist system.

Who will they call the "anti-Christ" in the 2000s? President Bush? Or are they willing to slander the name of another, as many have in the past? How many fingers must be pointed at people, governments and events before we realize that CHRIST IS ALL THAT MATTERS?!? Why do we worry about the end? It will certainly come! If we stay intimately close to Christ, we cannot be deceived! Unfortunately, many of the conspiracy theorists believe that we already are [i]deceived[/i]. They feel pity (and a little anger) toward anyone who doesn't simply believe their words.

:-(

2007/10/11 16:51Profile

Re:

Brother Corey, I mostly agree with you, but I only investigate the times for Biblical reasons because we're commanded to.

It's not just for oil - it's to take down every nation that will not go along with there being a one world government. The three Mono-theistic religions will not go along with having a New Age Messiah that is to be "worshipped" and some countries just want to keep their sovereignty.
And - the land grabbing is going on all over the world by those who call themselves the Elite and want to de-populate the planet for themselves.

The ultimate destination of this ruling class is Jerusalem.

It all revolves around that "International City" that they claim belongs to "their seat of David" - not our Messiah, but theirs.

This is all spiritual in nature and not what some people are seeing it as - as just another war etc. etc..

All the NGO sites are proclaiming their Messiah is coming soon. That he will sit and rule from Jerusalem. The RCC feels the same.
I'm trying to simplify Eschatology as best as I can - but even the non-conspiracy people know most of this about the new age messiah and the RCC and the one world government and religion that's already been drafted and that only the three mono-theistic religious groups would oppose.

Psalm 2 is about the conspiracy.

It boils down to world dominance or "governance" as they like to call it.
If folks don't see the CFR and the Trilateral commission as governing forces for this one world government, just by reading their own publications - there's nothing more that can be said.

Even the pre-trib sites, like Berit Kjos and the many others are reporting on the progress of the NWO. So what else can one say?

2007/10/11 17:24
pastorfrin

Re:

I see reason to at least listen and must caution those who would be prone to throw out all theories other than the ones he or she may agree with.
Indeed the end will come and those who are trusting completely in Christ will not be deceived, but what of those who are not? I see that as a very selfish reason not to at least give a voice if it is at all logical and of course measure what is being said with the Word of God. If we do not, we could very likely find ourselves fighting against the truth. Will not the near future show us all where the world stands? If we are watching and not fighting one another, then indeed we have nothing to fear.

Galatians 5:15
But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

There are some who have spent a lifetime studying the last days and who can be so bold as to say that their voice is not needed. Why then does so much of the Word, deal with the last days? Let us listen, make sure we are hearing what is being said, pray and seek His wisdom through His Word and be very slow to speak against something because of your own preconceived ideas. Our patience could spare not only our own but those who are seeking Him.

Indeed:
1 Thes. 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Sometimes proving takes time and time takes patience, otherwise:

Acts 5:33-39
When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them. [34] Then stood there up one in the council, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctor of the law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the apostles forth a little space; [35] And said unto them, Ye men of Israel, take heed to yourselves what ye intend to do as touching these men. [36] For before these days rose up Theudas, boasting himself to be somebody; to whom a number of men, about four hundred, joined themselves: who was slain; and all, as many as obeyed him, were scattered, and brought to nought. [37] After this man rose up Judas of Galilee in the days of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: he also perished; and all, even as many as obeyed him, were dispersed. [38] And now I say unto you, Refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: [39] But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God.

Acts 23:9
And there arose a great cry: and the scribes that were of the Pharisees' part arose, and strove, saying, We find no evil in this man: but if a spirit or an angel hath spoken to him, let us not fight against God.

Let us not be found fighting against God.

In His Love
pastorfrin

2007/10/11 19:01Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi pastorfrin...

Quote:
I see reason to at least listen and must caution those who would be prone to throw out all theories other than the ones he or she may agree with.

The problem is that these things are not presented as [i]possibilities[/i]. They are presented as [i]inarguable fact[/i]. This is utter nonsense. These "conspiracy theories" result in allegation after allegation that bring slander to many individuals and organizations (who aren't present to defend themselves).

When a few supposed facts are immediately followed by wild conclusions -- then we shouldn't pay much attention to the conclusion. We should simply weigh the validity of the facts presented and make our own conclusions accordingly. This seems to be a problem for many students of eschatology. They believe everyone CAN and MUST agree with their views (because they have "studied" for so long). Why can't we present pure fact without much commentary? Or if we choose to provide commentary, why can't we simply seperate our conclusions from pure doctrinal truth.

:-(

2007/10/11 19:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy