SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What Have I Done?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
pastorfrin

What Have I Done?

What Have I Done?

Jeremiah 8:6
I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle.

Christian, true Christian.… What hast thou done? I hear thee reply, “I have done nothing to save myself; for that was done for me in the eternal covenant, from before the foundation of the world. I have done nothing to make righteousness for myself, for Christ said, ‘It is finished;’ I have done nothing to procure heaven by my merits, for all that Jesus did for me before I was born.” But, say, brother, what hast thou done for him who died to save thy wretched soul? What hast thou done for his church? What hast thou done for the salvation of the world? What has thou done to promote thine own spiritual growth in grace?… Are there many Christians now present who can not recollect that they have been the means of salvation of one soul during the year? Come, now; turn back. Have you any reason to believe that directly or indirectly you have been made the means this year of the salvation of a soul? Have you any reason to believe that since you were converted you have ever been the means of the salvation of a soul?… Come, Christians, what have you done?
(Charles H. Spurgeon, Sermons of Rev. C.H. Spurgeon.

2007/10/11 5:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy