SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Rebuke to the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I'm being healed and delivered from The Lie. It's The Lie that has been put forth here in America that says, "You can be a good Christian and still pursue the American Dream."

AMEN!

Here is a great word from David Wilkerson I just read and added to my site. For those who don't have time to read it, here is a quote:

Quote:
Our God is a consuming fire. For those willing to walk into that wall of fire, all sin and self will be consumed by His holy fire. When the worldly sins of lust, adultery, sensuality come roaring down, it will find nothing in you to consume. You will be able to say with Christ, "The wicked one cometh and hath nothing in me."

[url=http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/undated/tswall.html]http://www.tscpulpitseries.org/english/undated/tswall.html[/url]

In Christ - Jim

2007/11/5 13:07
roadsign

Re: the higher ground

Quote:
He could not snuff out the fire . In fact, nothing he did was able to stop the fire. ………… Our job is to sound the alarm….. whatever we must do …..to get people to flee to the higher ground.

I’ve been wondering the same thing - what it means to “Flee”. What does the Bible really say? Does Paul tell Christians to go to the false prophets and try to stop them? Or did he tell his children to get away from them? The answer makes sense when we realize who the enemy actually is:

Quote:
The world rulers of this darkness,

Yes, we are not fighting against people (flesh and blood), but something much larger. Sure, we may succeed in suppressing people with our human efforts, but not the principalities.
Quote:
there’s a spiritual battle

I now see that I was wrong earlier here when I interpreted Conlon’s dream to imply that we must:
Quote:
try to snuff out those potentially dangerous fires

This is a gross misinterpretation on my part. In fact, Conlon had tried on his own, and it didn’t stop the problem. When we try to put out a demonic fire with our measly “squirt guns” we get licked by the flames. As you say:

Quote:
It is the fire that we must flee from. You can't snuff it out in anyone but yourself and you do that by withdrawing yourself from it.

Quote:
get people to flee to the higher ground

Is this not the great commission – making disciples birthed in the Spirit, and living in the power of the Spirit? Surely the only “higher ground” is in the heavenly realms, seated with Christ.

It is a spiritual place. How do we get people to flee there?

Diane

2007/11/5 13:20Profile

Re: A Rebuke to the Church

Spitfire said

Quote:
And the main thing is, I now understand that this old way of thinking is really a spiritual power, a spirit, it's the spirit of the world and it's God's enemy and so shall I be if I walk with it. This earthly mindedness is the Lie.

Dear Dian,

Thank you for sharing all this. Amen. :-D

It is a real joy to hear your testimony of clarity... and it leaves me with a question... about a post you made some time ago, in which you remembered in a previous revelation, you were left dangling in a tree, unable to get down.

Are you down from the tree yet?

If my question is premature, please ignore it. I just want you to know you are loved and supported as you make your next step to freedom.

2007/11/5 14:07

Re: A Rebuke to the Church

Reading Spitfire's and roadsign's posts, I suddenly remembered this post from ignitemysoul, which also describes an urgency to escape from fire.

Two Visions! NEED YOUR HELP!

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11296&forum=35]https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11296&forum=35[/url]

2007/11/5 14:08
Spitfire

Re:

Roadsign asks:

Quote:

I think we must strive to make people understand that there's a war going on and it is [i]the[/i] most significant reality there is. It's the war between God and Satan over the souls of men. Sure, there will be many who call us fanatics and lunatics, but there will be some whom God has given grace to understand who will listen to us. We need to tell people that the most powerful weapon that Satan is using is deception and he has come, full bore, into the church with this lie of mixture. It's a lie that will kill as sure as the fire. It destroys people from the inside out. To flee is to turn with all your heart to the pure Word of God. To flee is to lose your life in this world (success in every sense of the word), and cling to God in total abandon.

Dorcas asks: Am I down from the tree? I don't know. I think, perhaps I am. I leaped into that River below when I got to where I didn't care if I lived or died. I might just be unconscious, or washed up on some obscure bank somewhere, but I feel strangely warm. I'm quite certain I'm alive. Love, Dian.

2007/11/5 18:39Profile

Re:

Quote:

Spitfire wrote:
Roadsign asks:
Quote:

I think we must strive to make people understand that there's a war going on and it is [i]the[/i] most significant reality there is. It's the war between God and Satan over the souls of men. Sure, there will be many who call us fanatics and lunatics, but there will be some whom God has given grace to understand who will listen to us. We need to tell people that the most powerful weapon that Satan is using is deception and he has come, full bore, into the church with this lie of mixture. It's a lie that will kill as sure as the fire. It destroys people from the inside out. To flee is to turn with all your heart to the pure Word of God. To flee is to lose your life in this world (success in every sense of the word), and cling to God in total abandon.

When I went to preach at this rally I felt led to tell them to turn to God before it's too late. I really don't plan what I am going to say when I preach to people. I am not eloquent at all. I ask God to fill my mouth. I felt this urgency and still do everyday. I can't wait to get back out and preach again. I'm surely not the greatest preacher of all time but it is not my desire to be. I'm out there to reach lost people.

2007/11/5 19:27
Spitfire

Re: Losing Your Life

Quote:
To flee is to lose your life in this world (success in every sense of the word), and cling to God in total abandon.

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, if any one desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself--that is, disregard, lose sight of and forget himself and his own interests--and take up his cross and follow Me (cleave steadily to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and if need be in dying, also.) --Matthew 16:24 (Amplified)

I think this is the place where the dangerous error has occured in the church. I speak from my own experience here and I speak of myself. I thought I could be a good Christian and hold onto myself. I lived my life in "self-defense". I patrolled my own borders, made my own list of how things should be, and defended myself to the hilt. My fists were tightly clinched around my life.

When I think of fleeing to the mountains, I think of living up there and roughing it. No running water, no stove, no heater but the fire, no refrigerator, just a small, temporary shelter and the great outdoors. That would mean that most things would get left behind at home. I would be "in the raw" so to speak. I think that's what we have to do with our life in order to flee to the spiritual mountains. Alot of the things we think are necessary will have to fall to the wayside.

Let me give you all an example from my own life. I've been a workaholic who has pursued this world's definition of success because I was raised under the auspices of the false, prosperity gospel. I thought I would be acknowledged as a great woman of faith when I acheived wealth (sounds sick, I know). Ok, so...to deny myself in this area meant stopping working so much, which means less money coming in, which means some of our luxuries had to go, which means some of my family haven't been happy (me included), which tempted me to turn back...you see what I mean?

Also, I've wrenched the spiritual headship away from my husband because I didn't think he was doing it good enough, so...denying myself in this area meant me letting go of control, which meant alot of things I used to do just lay there, which tempted me to pick them up again...get the picture? I've had to be willing to watch my life go down the drain, literally, in order to allow God to carry me into His life of freedom. More later...Dian.

2007/11/6 6:49Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
Also, I've wrenched the spiritual headship away from my husband because I didn't think he was doing it good enough, so...denying myself in this area meant me letting go of control, which meant alot of things I used to do just lay there, which tempted me to pick them up again...get the picture? I've had to be willing to watch my life go down the drain, literally, in order to allow God to carry me into His life of freedom. More later...

So....Now my husband has taken all our savings (I used to make sure he couldn't get his hands on it) and started a business. The type of work he is doing is seasonal and it has cost us about 5 times as much as my husband had originally thought it would. We live in a home that we don't own, but are supposed to purchase in the next few months, but with what? Our savings is gone and if his business doesn't prosper, then what? I've had to bite my tongue and support my husband in spite of my doubts and fears. He's never done anything like this. It's the first time he has shown this kind of initiative. If I start expressing my doubts and fears, he'll just shrink back and I'll be sitting there holding the bag. This is hard. This is the Cross. This is dying. This is trusting God for something beyond just the promise of prosperity in this life. This is believing God to save my family, not to give us riches, but to give us spiritual life. I'm fighting with all my might to honor my husband and not to base it upon whether or not he can get rich and make our family prosperous, but to honor him because God has commanded me as his wife to honor him. I'm preparing to honor him even if his first attempt at business is a complete flop. Even if his first attempt at flying crashes and burns us. This is hard. I'm having to fight that worldly mentality that wants to blame him if he takes us down with him. Oh! This is a narrow road. Love, Dian.

2007/11/7 18:44Profile
Spitfire

Re:

I'm afraid. I don't know how to live in this world without health insurance and a secure home and a decent car. I don't even know how to have joy without hope for security in this life. I feel totally insecure. I want to trust God. I really do. I want to be changed. I want to go beyond the norm. I want to live by faith. How can I love not my life unto death? I want to get this. I'm so scared of the future. I'm scared because I don't know how to live without money. I don't [i]want[/i] to live without money. Is anyone listening? Are others going through this same thing?

2007/11/8 6:24Profile

Re:

Quote:

Spitfire wrote:
I'm afraid. I don't know how to live in this world without health insurance and a secure home and a decent car. I don't even know how to have joy without hope for security in this life. I feel totally insecure. I want to trust God. I really do. I want to be changed. I want to go beyond the norm. I want to live by faith. How can I love not my life unto death? I want to get this. I'm so scared of the future. I'm scared because I don't know how to live without money. I don't [i]want[/i] to live without money. Is anyone listening? Are others going through this same thing?

Hi,Spitfire, I've been listening but I honestly wasn't sure right away how to answer.I've been learning to wait on God before I answer people. I don't always respond right away. We're all accountable to how we answer people.

You have fear and God hasn't given us a spirit of fear the bible says. I would just call your fears what they are, not of God.God is also not the author of confusion but of peace, so when you feel confused you know that is not of God either. The bible says not to lean unto your own understanding and I see you are doing alot of that which will only add to your confusion.

Leaning to your own understanding is something I have seen alot of christians do. Alot do it by habit but it is a really bad habit. It seems innocent but it brings alot of confusion.We are to acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will direct our paths. He will not direct your path though if you are not acknowledging Him in all your ways.

Hope that helps... :-)

2007/11/8 7:25

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy