SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : CHURCH GROWTH???

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

CHURCH GROWTH???

Ok, I was reluctant in bringing this up, but what is the deal with this whole movement, where did start from and why is it so popular? Did Christ really concerned about church growth? I ran across a couple of websites that are consultants for church growth.
http://www.rainergroup.com/
http://www.churchcentral.com/nw/s/template/Article.html/id/24401

is this what Jesus meant in fulfilling the great commission? I don't want to be a prude, but does this put the focus on what man can do? Is their room for the Holy Spirit in this type of movement?

an example from an article:
[b]6. Recognize and Affirm Workers

Think about workers who have served faithfully year after year or decade after decade. Most often, we take them for granted. Assuming they will serve, we neither recognize nor affirm them. Most of these workers don’t want any recognition, which is what makes them valuable. Still, their reticence does not let us off the hook. We honor God by affirming His work in the lives of those who give their best.

One way to recognize workers is to sponsor an annual volunteers’ banquet. Publicize it, cater it and make it special. Not only will current workers be grateful, potential workers will see that their church will appreciate their service.[/b]

Phil. 2:3 "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility regard one another as more important than yourselves."

Matt. 6 talks about giving to the poor, not letting your left know what the right is doing. Don't sound a trumpent to let people know what you are doing, like the hypocrites do.

Now if I am wrong, PLEASE correct me, I don't want to be difficult about this, but this seems to bother me, I don't know why, but it does. i don't profess to know much of anything, I am by no means a theologian. And I could always do more than what am I doing, but when most churches are going this rout where does someone like me or you fit into the body of Christ? How can we be used by God, when we don't fit the mold of a mega church or Church growth movement.

Am I being to rigid? How do we know that God doesn't promote this type of consultation?

Blessing and grace
Mike

2007/10/7 16:53

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy