SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : I saw the words "To sexy for this church" and then I saw the video...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jarona

The Earth

I saw the words "To sexy for this church" and then I saw the video...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2007/10/06/tn.sexy.pamphlets.wate

May we pray for this man and his congregation. If some of you knew what I actually prayed. I get so sick of the current condition. Perhaps it would be better for manys' sake and for Gods' sake if I and we were even more sickened; that it might lead us to have a great burden in prayer; and to lift up many more a prayers to the Throne Room of GOD. The Book of Jude states well the Truth.

2007/10/7 15:57Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: I saw the words "To sexy for this church" and then I saw the video...

I know what you mean by sickening.

No doubt a godless publicity stunt, but if it is publicity they want, why take God's name in vain?

Pragmatism is godless. The end justifies the means is not from God.

James 3v15, 'This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic.

God help us.

God bless

2007/10/9 2:16Profile

Seiverville, TN is less than an hour from me and that church has to be a seeker - sensitive church; I believe the church I went to for years would have loved to have come up with that idea!!

I whole heartedly agreed with what the neighbor said in the video, (paraphrased) "If they'd take the thousands of dollars they spend on mailouts and put it in the community as opposed to shock value."

We don't need to be amazed because it's only going to get worse. We thought Christ was only speaking of the world waxing worse and worse but it doesn't seem they're the only ones.

2007/10/9 6:43

Re:

This preacher says "If I put the word holiness on the flyer... no one would show up".

Uh, yea... duh...

Perhaps he never read the passage Matthew 7:14!
[i]"Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and [b]few there be[/b] that find it".[/i]

Purpose Driven Life run amuck. Unfortunately it's only going to get more and more absurd as things progress (or should I say digress?)

Krispy

2007/10/9 8:43

Re:

Quote:
This preacher says "If I put the word holiness on the flyer... no one would show up".

I know I wouldn't show up because I've seen what standards of "holiness" does. Now if the preacher is referring to true holiness according to the word of God and not how you dress etc.. he would have to be more specific in his flyer in my religious city. Every believer that I know of has been damaged by so called holiness, because no one was able to keep the standard, everyone was condemned.

2008/1/17 11:13

I haven't watched the video... (because I have a very visual memory, and often have stuff batting round in my head many years later...

Compliments said

Quote:
no one was able to keep the standard, everyone was condemned.

This reminds me of the 'church' that I used to go to, where I was one of the people drawn into the sin... and just as condemned by the preaching, which was full of reminders that God wouldn't do this or that for us, if we hadn't done this or that for Him. [i]Talk about a works-based salvation![/i]

A brother recently shared this thought with me... which seems quite relevant: 'what's laced in the preaching and teaching is the false teaching of keeping the law to make you righteous. They never come out and say it. They will tell you that they are saved by grace and that they do not live by the law. But they don't tell you that they live by different laws that they have in their minds that they think that makes them righteous by doing this or abstaining from that. People that live by [i]any[/i] law that they put in place instead of putting complete faith in Jesus Christ as [their] Righteousness, have fallen from grace and are living under their law [b]that brings about the knowledge of sin, thus sin will be rampant in their hearts and minds and they will be living a lie[/b]...' [i](emphsis mine)[/i] This is an interesting variation on [i]keeping [u]the law[/i][/u] and may explain why many charismatic congregations end up in trouble with 'the flesh'.

2008/1/17 11:59
LoveHim

Indiana, US

Re:

Quote:
Pragmatism is godless. The end justifies the means is not from God.

the message that seeker-sensitive churches and purpose-driven churches say is that "THE GOSPEL IS NOT ENOUGH, WE HAVE TO BE RELEVANT". they believe that you have to be "cutting edge" and "shocking", but in reality it is NOTHING BUT A TRUE COMPROMISE OF THE GOSPEL. the end does not justify the means. Glory to God and not "does it work" should be the motive and the whole intent of everything we do.

i long for a church that has done away with trying to please the flesh and entertainment. when will we return to the old paths of prayer, worship, studying and preaching the word, making disciples, winning the lost and edifying the saints. now many seeker sensitive and purpose driven churches will say these things matter to them as well, but it like a synthetic material as opposed to a natural material. it may look like it in form or in words, but it is false and utterly opposed to the true and the lack of power and annointing is easily seen for what it is.. weak, fleshly, false and useless.

i pray that we might return to the Lord and His ways.

phil

2008/1/17 14:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy