SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ears to hear!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Ears to hear!

Our faith in HIM determines our ability to use our gifts given to us by HIS grace. We can't use any God given gift past the point of our faith in HIM.
Rom 12:6
6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;
KJV

When we are weak in any certian area of the spiritual gifts, HIS WORD teaching us humility [u]towards HIM[/u] is the key to the growth we need in that area where we are the weakest. It is Him that works in us both to will and to do, but we must submit ourselves to HIM as a living sacrifice as in Romans 12:1 for HIM for HIM to be able to work through us in building up the church for HIS purpose which is to reach the lost.
James 4:6-7
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
KJV
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the WORD OF GOD. Spiritual hearing requires being indwelt with HIS SPIRIT(saved) (born again).

If we are HIS and born again then these are some words of encouragement in Rev.
Rev 2:7
7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

Smyrna
Rev 2:11
11 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death.

Pergamum
Rev 2:17
17[b] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.[/b] To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it.

Thyatira
Rev 2:26-3:1
26 To him who overcomes and does my will to the end, I will give authority over the nations-
27'He will rule them with an iron scepter; he will dash them to pieces like pottery'-
just as I have received authority from my Father. 28 I will also give him the morning star. 29[b] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. [/b]

Sardis
Rev 3:4-6
They will walk with me, dressed in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out his name from the book of life, but will acknowledge his name before my Father and his angels. 6[b] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.[/b]

Philadelphia
Rev 3:12-13
I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name. [b]13 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.[/b]

Laodicea
Rev 3:21-22
21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22[b] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches." [/b]

What about those who have not made Jesus both Lord and Savior. What does HE say to those?
Rev 9:20-21
20 The rest of mankind that were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands;[b] they did not stop worshiping demons,[u] and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood-idols that cannot see or hear or walk.[/u] 21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.[/b]

Mal 3:8-9
8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, [u]Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.[/u]
9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.
KJV

Many more passages about spiritual hearing.

Ears to hear

The first scripture addresses those who frown on the preacher addressing or encouraging to vote for Godly leaders from the pulpit.
Deut 17:12-15
You must purge the evil from Israel. 13 All the people will hear and be afraid, and will not be contemptuous again.
14 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you and have taken possession of it and settled in it, and you say, "Let us set a king over us like all the nations around us,"[b] 15 be sure to appoint over you the king the LORD your God chooses.[/b]

If we appoint a leader that is not a Christian God, has not chosen HIM to lead anyone?

Job 34:2-4
2 "Hear my words, you wise men;
listen to me, you men of learning.
3[u] For the ear tests words[/u]
as the tongue tastes food.
4[b] Let us discern for ourselves what is right;
let us learn together what is good.[/b]

Ps 78:1-3
O my people, hear my teaching;
listen to the words of my mouth.
2 I will open my mouth in parables,
I will utter hidden things, things from of old--
3 what we have heard and known,
what our fathers have told us.

Matt 13:15-16
15 For this people's heart has become calloused;
[b]they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.[/b]
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.'
16[b] But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear.[/b]

Mark 4:24-25
24 [b]"Consider carefully what you hear,[/b]" he continued. "With the measure you use, it will be measured to you-and even more. 25 Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him."

John 8:42-44
42 Jesus said to them,[b] "If God were your Father, you would love me, [/b]for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.

John 14:24-26
24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching.[b] These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me. [/b]

25 "All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Rom 10:14-15
14 How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 15[b] And how can they preach unless they are sent?[/b] As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

2007/10/7 1:55

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy