SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is this Pharisaical...abstaining from certain movies and music?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

I am very blessed and encouraged to see that everybody that has posted on this topic has been of one mind and one spirit that such movies are not of God. WHAT COMMUNION HATH LIGHT WITH DARKNESS?

I must go one step further as well to point out this scripture.

2ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.

If you put this scripture in the context in which it was written, it is talking about false doctrines not dirty jokes. But I believe such ungodly humor easily falls under the category of profane as well.

So with this I must conclude, it is wrong not to shun them for their actions if they call themselves Christians. The bible says to reprove the unfruitful works of darkness.

Consider what happened in this story in Judges Chapters 19 & 20.

2007/10/7 23:19Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
So with this I must conclude, it is wrong not to shun them for their actions if they call themselves Christians. The bible says to reprove the unfruitful works of darkness.

One of the things I have found is the need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit as I try to navigate in ministry. Sometimes we are looking at what a person watches or listens to and feel the need to confront that problem, when in reality it is symptomatic of a much larger issue.

It has been my experience that certain things vex me and I abstain from them. Other things are more of a temptation and I have to guard myself against them. When I am walking close to God and am in perpetual personal revival all of these things work themselves out. The Holy Spirit is at work bringing my life in toe.

However, no amount of 'do's' and 'don'ts' will make a person spiritual if they don't want God. It will only make a religious person that finds fulfillment in their exaltedness over others. They will be gratified not by the presence of God in their life- but by how they regard themselves as better than others.

2007/10/8 0:03Profile
MattChenier

Longview,WA

Re:

Robertw,

You have lots of wisdom in what you said. I can tell that you have been with the lord for a while by what you said. This revelation of spiritual superiority came to me after 3 years of walking with the lord. And i got it the hard way, because I did regard myself better than others spiritually. A swift lesson on pride comes before a fall quickly did away with that sin! :)

Thank you for bringing balance to my post.

God bless!

2007/10/8 0:22Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Here is a sermon which is titled...

Living for Self or Living for Christ

http://www.charityministries.org/audio/3742.mp3

This sermon is taken from Charity Christian Fellowship of Ephrata Pa. Two of the speaker for the upcoming Revival Conference come from this church.

In Christ
Jeff

2007/10/8 1:10Profile
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re: Is this Pharisaical...abstaining from certain movies and music?

Dear reformer!

Can I read the article? :-)

God bless you!
Jonathan

2007/10/8 3:56Profile

Re: Is this Pharisaical...abstaining from certain movies and music?

Hey Reformer,

I think telling everyone WHY you won't go see a movie before it comes out would be pharisidical, (sp?) but you DID NOT do that, your friends found out after the fact and are amazed. Let them be amazed!

The movies they are putting out today can and will definitely cause you to stumble. I think the devil means it that way! So the world and even worldly Christians will NEVER understand why we follow the Spirit's unction. Keep listening to the Spirit!

2007/10/8 6:23
Warrior4Jah

The Netherlands

Re:

Dear sister Lisa,

Why would telling other people that you won't see a movie be pharisaical? Or do you literary mean 'everyone'? In that case I can imagine.

Thanks! :)
Jonathan

2007/10/8 7:21Profile

Re:

"Christians" who are friendly with the world can not stand Christians who are living a holy life. I believe part of this is because they feel convicted, but they refuse to accept the conviction because their love of the world is much stronger than their love of God. In fact, scripture says they can not love both... so in the end, they hate God. Thats what the Word says, not what Krispy says.

What would make you a Pharisee is if you believed that by avoiding these wordly pleasures is what made you a Christian, and you condemned all those who do not do as you do... and yet, you really have no relationship with God at all.

Most church goers are completely ignorant of scripture. They dont even understand the definition of Pharisees, and to call true believers "Pharisees" who desire to walk holy before God makes them utter fools in the eyes of God.

To quote the Christian band Petra: "I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man than to be a fool in the eyes of God"

Krispy

2007/10/8 8:28
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

welcome back Krispy :-)

The word says Jas 4:4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

and this verse is to me a great warning to not go "back" and enjoy the world or sin

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning.

and this one is also scary

1Jn 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

so how is it with you? do you love the world? worldly movies? worldly company ? you better check on things with your relationship with Jesus.

when people call other for legalist or pharisee, many times it may be accurate, many times it just to justify ones "friendship" with the world.

Heb 12:14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

2007/10/8 8:41Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
so how is it with you? do you love the world? worldly movies? worldly company ? you better check on things with your relationship with Jesus.

The essence of all compromise... just a little bit of Egypt.

2007/10/8 8:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy