SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Revival Praying!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SaintLina

Mexico

Revival Praying!

I write this in grief. I don’t write this not to come against anyone for I myself am guilty of this such thing. I have been in numerous of prayer meetings, with multitude’s of people who pray for revival. Yesterday I was in such a prayer meeting, The Lord took me back in thought, of prayer meetings I have attended for revival. And he showed me something, that grieved me. And has been heavy upon my heart all day. Many times in prayer meetings, people pray like this: “God send us the Finney’s, send us the Wesley’s, send us the Whitfield’s, send us prophets, send us men like time of old!” I guess you might not see nothing wrong with this, and I don’t wish to pass judgment on such brethren, we do need men who are led of the Spirit, and preach in Power like men of old. But never, never, have I heard anyone pray, “God send us men like Jesus!” The emphasis is many times is men of old, old revivalists. What about Christ? Is it not him, who came to set the captives free. Was it not him that shed His precious blood on the cross? Was He not the greatest preacher? Was He not the greatest Prophet? Was He not the one who did the greatest miracles of all time? Was He not greater that Lake, and Wigglesworth? I praise God for using men of old, and we have much to learn from them. I’m not knocking them. But we need to have our eyes fixed on Christ! We need to tarry till we receive power from on high! I write this in jealousy for the glory of God! My brethren, cry out loud that the Lord would raise up the church, who is the body of Christ, to preach and pray as Jesus did, to do miracles as He did, to raise the dead as He did, to heal the sick as He did. Let’s not emulate old revivalist, but let’s imitate God and seek to preach as He did, heal as He did, do miracles as He did, and plead that He would send men who are like Jesus! To God be the Glory!
~Lina Urban

2007/10/5 21:07Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re: Revival Praying!

Whom wants to be like Jesus? WHo looks up to Jesus? Who longs to sit at his feet and hear his words. It seems to be we praying for God to do in others, But I ask question. Should not the prayers be GOD help me to me more like you. Let me be used by you. Do we lift men to high up? These great men.. Not that we can't learn how from them. But are we are not to be fed by Christ ourselves? Not only do we pray we would be like these men.. we seek their words sometimes more then the word of God. Being I myself listen to sermon more then being in Gods word? I think the root goes back to pride. I wonder if men and women started longing to have God speak to them in same way and do amazing things through them, if our prayers would change Lord make me like you.

In His love
charlene

2007/10/5 21:45Profile
myfirstLove

Re: Revival Praying!

Quote:
But we need to have our eyes fixed on Christ!

Quote:
Let’s not emulate old revivalist, but let’s imitate God and seek to preach as He did, heal as He did, do miracles as He did, and plead that He would send men who are like Jesus! To God be the Glory!

2007/10/5 22:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy