SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : be ye holy

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
osasbright

Nigeria

be ye holy

we must be holy!!!!!!!!As a matter of fact this should not be overemphasized,for of such lies our strength and defence.one who is not holy becomes naked like Adam and eve and thus become vulnerable to satanic attack.Besides, be ye holy, for our Lord our God is holy.

2007/10/3 23:16Profile
BenWilliams

El Paso, Texas

Re: be ye holy

Where are the Holy Ones?

To be holy means to be set apart, seperated to the purpose and will of God.

So who has been set apart?

Oh God, enlighten our eyes, lest we sleep the sleep of death. Sanctify us wholly to your purpose.

2007/10/4 11:22Profile
HisDaughter

God's preappointed dwelling place

Re: be ye holy

Indeed we should be holy! But let us not forget that holiness is not borne out of strivings, but out of love. First we are to love God with all of our hearts, minds, souls, and strengths before we are able to be of any use in this world! Then we are to love others as Christ loved us! This is where the root of holiness in the heart will bear the fruit of holiness outwardly. "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me."

We must be built up on the solid foundation of faith in Christ and the agape love that he's given to us. Holiness will follow.

Sadly I've seen too many people "try" to be holy, and therefore have ended up with a works based outward appearance of holiness. This is so far from what we are called to brothers and sisters! First the root must be right before we can bear the fruit!

Let us spend more time in the unblemished and perfect word of God, on our knees before Him, and allowing Him to work in us! The inward workings of God in our hearts will produce holiness in our lives.

2007/10/4 12:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy