SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Seeking Now!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 8

Please remember.. 21 days seeking Him..http://www.thedivineexperiment.com/divineguide.pdf
And radio prayer meeting each Saturdays.. Has any one listen to them? Seekinghim.com
And I have been blessed by this wonderful blog of Gods men seeking Him
They are praying for each other daily.. Are there other doing this too?
May we pray for them and others who are seeking God now and all spiritual warfare that is at hand. That God will bring prepared hearts to meet with him.. Please go and read there post they are so rich and real. http://canton-prayer-union.blogspot.com/2007/06/new-members-of-cpu.html

Humble me .....and Give a deeper for Christ let not the flesh on my eyes of heat win, let my flesh and all its desire in put to death. Let it not be I hunger for worldly things. But for Christ and all His glory to be displayed in my life.

Evil of Sin

If by the spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live Rom 8:13

“ beware of all sin in all of its manifesting, working and schemes. This is especially important since sin, by its very nature, is deceitful , causing believers to underestimate its extent and seriousness in their own lives”

2 Tim 2:2

Confession - where have the sin hidden? Hide not come step into the light, and let Christ and his word expose all.

Luke 14 26;
*"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.
* what Is my love For Christ compare with all earthy loves?
* Does my love Christ all earthy loves to shame?
* Is it seen in my time and money in my talk and desires?

Matt 10:37
*Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
Col. 3:1-4;.
*If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
* What do I think about through out the day?
* What are my goals in life?
* What in my longing after things here and now or things of heaven?
* Do I think of life as a breath a moment?
* How in my mind of Christ and when? When I am reading or in Church?
* What about at work or in store? What are my thoughts?
* Do I long for Christ to return? Why I am here what I am living for?
1 John 2 : 15
*Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
*15For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you.

Do we take Christ as our example and follow in his steps?
1 Pet. 2:21-23;
For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his

* which ways Have I not walked in following Christ?
* Which ways have I been found with sin my suffering?
* being angry upset, that God has allowed me to suffer?
* Acting in hate towards those who bring suffering and pain?

Lets pray...
“What the Church needs to-day is not more machinery or better, not new organizations or more and novel methods, but men whom the Holy Ghost can use-men of prayer, men mighty in prayer” Col 4:2

“WE are constantly on a stretch, if not on a strain, to devise new methods, new plans, new organizations to advance the Church and secure ..Men are God’s method. The Church is looking for better methods; God is looking for better men. What the Church needs to-day is not more machinery or better, not new organizations or more and novel methods, but men whom the Holy Ghost can use-men of prayer, men mighty in prayer” E. Bounds

2007/10/9 1:06Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 9
Evil of Sin
“When sin lets us alone, we may let sin alone; but sin is always active when it seems to be the most quite, and its water are often deep when they are calm” John Owen
“Sin sets its strength against every act of Holiness, and every degree of Spiritual growth. We will not be making the progress in holiness without walking over the bellies of our lust. He who does not kill sin along the way is making no progress in his journey” John Owen
Gal 5:17
For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

Heb 12:1
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
“ If sin is always acting then we are in trouble if we not are always mortifying it” John Owen
Confession

Matt. 26:26-27;
*Now as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to the disciples, and said, "Take, eat; this is my body." 27And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, "Drink of it, all of you,

1 Cor. 11:24-26
and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said, "This is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me." 25In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
*And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

How do we Love others?

Rom 12:10
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
* How I do and don’t show brotherly affection?

Eph. 5:2
And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
* How I am willing to give up my life for others as Christ did for me? What keeps from being a sacrifice for others?
Col 3:14
And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony

* What ways do I need to repent of lacking in love and not have harmony with my brothers and sisters?
1 Thess. 4:9
Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another
* I repent of not allowing Gods ways of loving others.
1 Pet. 1; 22
Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,

* I repent of not obeying and thinking of my shallow and weak love for others.
1 Pet. 4:8
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

* I repent of the lack of earnest love for others. Not seeking out fellowship, or really caring for them.
1 John 3:14-19
We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.
* I repent I have become angry with many brothers and sister because they hurt me or upset me or I didn’t get my way.
* I repent of my pride of thinking I am better.

By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.
* I repent of my talk of love but no action in my life.
Lets pray
"Give ear to my prayer from lips free of decit"Ps 17;2

2007/10/10 0:44Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 10

Evil of Sin
“To neglect sin it decay a inner man”
2 corn 4:16
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.

Rev 3:2
Wake up, and strengthen what remains and is about to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God.

Heb 3:13
But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

“ The frame of the heart grows worse and worse. When sin gains a considerable victory. It brakes the soul”
Ps 31:10 51:8
For my life is spent with sorrow,
and my years with sighing;my strength fails because of my iniquity,
and my bones waste away.
Let me hear joy and gladness;
let the bones that you have broken rejoice.

confession

Are we Proud? Let us ask these question for ourselves...
A Pride Test : Nancy Leigh DeMoss
Series: Humility: Coming to God on His Terms

“Number one, do you look down on those who are less educated, less affluent, less refined or less successful than yourself?”

* Do I think I better then others?

“Do you think of yourself as more spiritual than other believers you know?”

* Which ways do we see our self better?

“Here's another one. Are you quick to find fault with others and to verbalize those faults to others? Do you have a sharp, critical tongue? We would call it discerning, analytical but fault-finding.”

* I Repent there are time with others I am very sharp and, critical with my tongue.
* I have spoken of others and their sins to others, I repent of this wrong.
Jonathan Edwards, by the way, wrote a powerful convicting piece on evidences of spiritual pride and this is one of seven that he listed, fault-finding.

He said, "Spiritual pride causes us to speak of other people's sins while humility disposes us either to be silent about them or to speak about them with grief."
* Do want to point sin out or am I grieve over it?
* I repent of pointing sin out when I have done the same.

“He said, "The spiritually proud person shows that in finding fault with other saints, "They're low in grace, how cold and dead they are, how quick to discern and to notice their deficiencies."

* I repent when I have had little grace.
* When I have has lack of wisdom of how to speak of others about sin.
* I have been quick to discern and make in my mind what I think. And not go to the word.
* I repent of not spending more time in prayer and reading Gods word.

“And we can do that and sound so pious, so spiritual. "People in my church, they're so cold; they're so dead." Is that a reflection of pride in our hearts?”

* What areas I am I cold and dead in my walk?
* I have judge, thinking others so dead and cold?
* Where do I need to grow?

He says, "Christian humility causes a person to take notice of everything that is good in others and make the best of it and to diminish their failings."

* What ways can I find the good in others?
* I repent of not pointing good out in others more.
* Change my heart to come a humble to always see good in others.

Pray at all times...

2007/10/10 22:12Profile

Re:

awakenwithin, I appreciate your zeal! :)

Lately I have found myself just sitting and waiting in silence before the Lord and allowing Him to speak to me first and than the prayers just seem to flow from me out of the depths of my spirit crying Abba father! I never know what to pray as I ought to even when I know what to pray for. I don't know how others pray but for me this is what I find helpful.: )

2007/10/10 22:31
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 11
“ Pride: Enemy of God”
“God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble” James 4:6
Selfishness, carnal ambition, jeaousy, and envy all have their origin in the condition of our hearts
called pride. Pride keeps us from honestly confessing our sin before God and man, and often manifests itself in a stubborn insistence about our own way.”

“ Jesus clarifies that the origin of our sin comes from within: “ Out of the hearts of man come evil thoughts, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness.. All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man” www.thedivineexperiment.com seeking him for 21 days

* May God help to be Honest with him and others
James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Evil of Sin..

1 king 8:46:47
If they sin against you— for there is no one who does not sin—and you are angry with them and give them to an enemy, so that they are carried away captive to the land of the enemy, far off or near, 47yet if they turn their heart in the land to which they have been carried captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors, saying, 'We have sinned and have acted perversely and wickedly,'
Confession

Are you driven to receive approval, praise or acceptance from others?

*I repent of wanting people to approval at times.
*Who do I want to get the Glory?
* I repent of wanting people to praise me in my work. Forgetting whom gave the ability to do it?

Are you argumentative? You have to have the last word. Think about what it's been like in your home for the last day or two.

* I repent of being argumentative with family.
* My flesh wants to be right. I want to win.

You know Proverbs tell us that only by pride comes contention. So where does contention -- "Yes," you say, "my husband, he's a proud man, that's why we have so much contention in our home."

No, it takes more than a proud husband to have contention in a home. It's a proud husband and more often than not, a proud wife, too. Are you argumentative?

* Are we argumentative?

Do you generally think that your way is the right way, the only way or the best way?

* I repent of thinking I am right or have to be right.
* I am willing to be wrong when Gods word is brought into it
* I am humble with others when they say I wrong?

Do you have a touchy, sensitive spirit? Easily offended? Do you get your feelings hurt easily?

* which and when , and who?

This is another one of the evidences of spiritual pride that Jonathan Edwards talked about, people who take offense easily. He said, "Spiritual pride takes great notice of opposition and injuries that are received and is prone to be often speaking of them.

* Who are we hurt by?
* Have I forgiven?
* Do I lack forgiveness, and have bitterness?

"Humility, on the other hand, causes a person to be like his blessed Lord when reviled, quiet, not opening his mouth but committing himself in silence to Him who judges righteously."

How about this one? Are you guilty of pretense? Trying to leave a better impression of yourself than is honestly true? Here's a way to go about seeing if you have that one. Would the people who know you at church be shocked if they were to come and discover what you're like at home?

* Do I try to leave a better of view of me to others?
* I know in our wicked hearts we add or take things out to make it sound different
* Do I tell whole truth?
* Do I make things seem more or less?
* I repent of lying to my family and friend in not add all the facts at times.

Lets pray
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 1 Tim 2:1

2007/10/11 21:43Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 11
Let us see and understand God hates Sin.. Expose us Lord
Let us Confess
Are you proud? Do you think you are better then others? Do you think so little
all your sins, Do I think so little of my sins?

Another one, do you have a hard time admitting when you are wrong?
I don’t think so.
Do you have a hard time confessing your sin to God or others? not just in generalities.
I don’t think so.
We all say, "I need to be a better woman. I need to love the Lord more. I need to read my Bible more." But when it comes to the specific issues: I'm in love with food, I'm in love with television, I love entertainment more than I love God. I mean the specifics. Do you have a hard time confessing those?
* I repent of being shallow and weak with confess and lacking depth in my talks.
Do you have hard time sharing your real spiritual needs and struggles with others?
I don’ t think so. But I do with men like my brother or pastor or leader when I have
issue.
Are you excessively shy? You say, "shy," that's pride? Excessive shyness, what is it? Self-centeredness, what do other people think about me? That can be an evidence, a subtle form of pride.
I repent of being self- centered and caring about what people think about me.
Do you have a hard time reaching out and being friendly to people that you don't know at church? Do you stick to your own little group there, hard to reach out to new people? That can be pride.
*I repent of being self- centered and keeping to myself. And not reaching out as much as I should
"Do you become defensive when you are criticized or corrected? That anger that wells up, what is that? That's a fruit that grows on the root of pride. Why do we get angry when somebody criticizes us? We may not express it outwardly but inwardly because our pride gets hurt."
* I repent of being upset not wanting to be wrong.
* I confess that pride that loves that sin more then being wrong.
*I pray that By Gods grace he will restore our cold hearts to bring us to a deeper intimate love with God.
Eph. 5:2- "And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
*Col 3:5 " Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthy nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry" " Be killing sin or it will be killing you" John Owen
* Pray we will acknowledge our great Need for God
"Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions,
and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what it you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment." Ps 51...

We are empty..
*" Jesus emptied Himself of His divine prerogatives as eternal deity and became a servant so that God might be all" His life was one of absolute submission, trust, and dependence on the Father"
*"For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God," Rom 8:15-16
*"Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." James 4:8

*You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. James 4:4
* Ask the Lord to show all that which we love that in the world. To Show were we have be friend the world
* LET us REPENT.. Of our love we may have for the world. What area do you struggle with? What areas do you enjoy? * Food? Movies? Dress? TV? Sleep? World thinking? *May we beware and Confess:
If by the spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live Rom 8:13
" beware of all sin in all of its manifesting, working and schemes. This is especially important since sin, by its very nature, is deceitful , causing believers to underestimate its extent and seriousness in their own lives"
2 Tim 2:2- Confession - where have the sin hidden? Hide not come step into the light, and let Christ and his word expose all
Lets pray....
"How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings" Ps 36:7 " I confess my iniquity I am sorry for my sins" Ps 38:18

2007/10/13 19:06Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 12
Gods Word

Consecrate a fast;
call a solemn assembly .Gather the elders
and all the inhabitants of the land to the house of the LORD your God,
and cry out to the LORD.

* Let us gather and fast to the Lord...

Alas for the day! For the day of the LORD is near,
and as destruction from the Almighty it comes. Is not the food cut off
before our eyes, joy and gladnessfrom the house of our God?

* May Pray that He would restore the Fear of God again in His people.
To you, O LORD, I call. For fire has devoured
the pastures of the wilderness, and flame has burned
all the trees of the field. Even the beasts of the field pant for you
because the water brooks are dried up, and fire has devoured
the pastures of the wilderness.
The LORD utters his voice
before his army, for his camp is exceedingly great;
he who executes his word is powerful. For the day of the LORD is great and very awesome;
who can endure it?
* May we Pray to long to hear the Voice of God.

Return to the LORD
"Yet even now," declares the LORD,
"return to me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;
and rend your hearts and not your garments."Return to the LORD your God,
for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;
and he relents over disaster. Who knows whether he will not turn and relent,
and leave a blessing behind him a grain offering and a drink offering
for the LORD your God?

* When Have I wept? When have I fasted?
* When have I mourned?
Blow the trumpet in Zion;
consecrate a fast; call a solemn assembly;
16gather the people. Consecrate the congregation;
assemble the elders; gather the children,
even nursing infants. Let the bridegroom leave his room,
and the bride her chamber.
Between the vestibule and the altar
let the priests, the ministers of the LORD, weep and say, "Spare your people, O LORD,
and make not your heritage a reproach,
a byword among the nations. Why should they say among the peoples,
'Where is their God?'"

* May we return with all our hearts... Let us gather it is time..

You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel,
and that I am the LORD your God and there is none else.And my people shall never again be put to shame.
The LORD roars from Zion,
and utters his voice from Jerusalem,
and the heavens and the earth quake.But the LORD is a refuge to his people,
a stronghold to the people of Israel

*Let truly fear the Lord, He melt our hearts.

2007/10/13 20:32Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 13
Gods Word

Amos
“those who trample the head of the poor into the dust of the earth
and turn aside the way of the afflicted; a man and his father go in to the same girl,
so that my holy name is profaned”
* I repent of not caring for the poor as I should.

"You only have I known
of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you
for all your iniquities”

"For the Lord GOD does nothing
without revealing his secret
to his servants the prophets.”

The Lord GOD has sworn by his holiness
that, behold, the days are coming upon you, when they shall take you away with hooks,
even the last of you with fishhooks. And you shall go out through the breaches,
each one straight ahead; and you shall be cast out into Harmon,"
declares the LORD.
"Come to Bethel, and transgress;
to Gilgal, and multiply transgression; bring your sacrifices every morning,
your tithes every three days; offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving of that which is leavened,
and proclaim freewill offerings, publish them;
for so you love to do, O people of Israel

* May God forgive of works that are done out duty and not love

For thus says the LORD to the house of Israel:
"Seek me and live; but do not seek Bethel, and do not enter into Gilgal
or cross over to Beersheba; for Gilgal shall surely go into exile,
and Bethel shall come to nothing."
“ Seek the LORD and live,
lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph,
and it devour, with none to quench it for Bethel”

* I repent of not seeking God with everything.
* May God help me to really seek him again
“Seek good, and not evil,
that you may live;and so the LORD, the God of hosts, will be with you,
as you have said.15 Hate evil, and love good,
and establish justice in the gate;it may be that the LORD, the God of hosts,
will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

* I repent of calling what is evil good.
* help me to see what is evil and good.
Therefore thus says the LORD, the God of hosts, the Lord:
"In all the squares there shall be wailing,
and in all the streets they shall say, 'Alas! Alas!'They shall call the farmers to mourning
and to wailing those who are skilled in lamentation, and in all vineyards there shall be wailing,
for I will pass through your midst,"

“O Lord GOD, please forgive!
How can Jacob stand?
He is so small!" The LORD relented concerning this:
"It shall not be," said the LORD.

* let not our eyes be dry..

This is what the Lord GOD showed me: behold, the Lord GOD was calling for a judgment by fire, and it devoured the great deep and was eating up the land. 5Then I said,
"O Lord GOD, please cease!
How can Jacob stand?
He is so small!"6 The LORD relented concerning this:"This also shall not be," said the Lord GOD.”

2007/10/13 20:33Profile
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

Day 14
Gods word
Jonah
“I called out to the LORD, out of my distress,
and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried,
and you heard my voice. For you cast me into the deep,
into the heart of the seas, and the flood surrounded me;all your waves and your billows
passed over me. Then I said, 'I am driven away
from your sight; yet I shall again look
upon your holy temple.' The waters closed in over me to take my life;
the deep surrounded me; weeds were wrapped about my head
6at the roots of the mountains. I went down to the land
whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the pit,
O LORD my God.7When my life was fainting away,
I remembered the LORD, and my prayer came to you,
into your holy temple. Those who pay regard to vain idols
forsake their hope of steadfast love. But I with the voice of thanksgiving
will sacrifice to you; what I have vowed I will pay.
Salvation belongs to the LORD!"

* Does God bring distress that we might call to him?
* What things have I ran from God from?
* What ways I am running From God?

So Jonah arose and went to Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD. Now Nineveh was an exceedingly great city, three days’ journey in breadth. Jonah began to go into the city, going a day’s journey. And he called out, "Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!" 5 And the people of Nineveh believed God. They called for a fast and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them to the least of them.

And he issued a proclamation and published through Nineveh, "By the decree of the king and his nobles: Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything. Let them not feed or drink water, 8but let man and beast be covered with sackcloth, and let them call out mightily to God. Let everyone turn from his evil way and from the violence that is in his hands. 9 Who knows? God may turn and relent and turn from his fierce anger, so that we may not perish."

When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.
Therefore now, O LORD, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live." And the LORD said, "Do you do well to be angry?"

* Do I care more for my comfort then lost souls?

2007/10/13 20:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy