Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Marks Of Cultism - Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

hmmhmm said,

Quote:
the whole "spirit" in that movie is just creepy.....

[i]"And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon." (REV 11:13)[/i]

[i]"And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them... But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea." (MATT 18:2-6)[/i]

'nuff said.

2007/11/1 0:55
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

I guess I just don't see the creepiness. Perhaps the thematic, horror movie style music and the cleverly spliced scenes is what caused the "creepiness" you speak of. You have to understand that this movie was not made by the organization it documents nor by other well-meaning, spirit filled believers. It was made by secular producers. Many of the scenes in the movie, especially the ones while she is preaching, are not true to the time line of the movie. Many images of children weeping and such are placed during her intense sermons thus making her appear to be guilting them to tears. Truth be told many of the scenes were not even filmed on the same day, so how do we truly know what was going on? What if these children were weeping under the conviction of the Holy Spirit, or simply reacting to His nearness. If you have a problem with children being touched by God's presence and reacting emotionally, just study past revivals and you will find this phenomena sprinkled throughout them all. And since when is heartfelt prayer through tears "hokey"? It amazes me how people on this sight are always beating the drum of "It's time for tears and desperate prayer in the church again...", and yet when they see it, it's manipulation, emotionalism, "false fire" (which is a botching of Biblical terminology), the flesh (which is also a botching of Biblical terms), or worse yet, a demon! The words of Jesus seem relevant here,
Matthew 11:16-19
16 But to what shall I liken this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their companions, 17 and saying:
'We played the flute for you, And you did not dance;
We mourned to you, And you did not Lamentations'
18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, 'He has a demon.' 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Look, a glutton and a winebibber, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!' But wisdom is justified by her children."

I'm reminded of when someone posted an inquiry about the Call Nashville (a massive gathering of fasting and prayer for revival in America) and they were met with responses like, "just what we need, another hyped up, fleshly meeting for the mindless charismatics to bark at..." (of course I embellished the quote a little bit) In reality, that event was the very thing many on this site have been saying we need to do - gather together in humility, fast, pray, weep, repent, cry out to God for revival. Yet it was met with nothing but criticism and disdain. It seems that neither the flute of rejoicing, nor the dirge of repentance is good enough for some. My question, when real revival comes, who of us will actually even recognize it? We've spent years doing nothing but studying and preaching about what revival "isn't". So much so that when a genuine movement of the Spirit occurs we are programmed to pick at the flaws and denounce it. A move of the Spirit is not discredited because it has flaws or some "man" attached to it. Or even if it is doctrinally perfect. It is the fruit of a movement that matters, are the children in the "Jesus camp" film bearing fruit afterwards? I can't say for certain, but from the testimonies I hear, YES! Of course, you could write off the supposed fruit as false or whatnot (for this is, afterall, the knee jerk reaction of the pharisee), but what if you're wrong? I must ask myself the same question, I know. But, what if? Better safe than damned, is that how it goes Corey? But what if in the name of being safe you are labeling as idolatry the working of the Holy Spirit? I dunno, these are just my random thoughts on the subject...
concerned,
Jeff

2007/11/1 11:27Profile

Re:

Quote:
It amazes me how people on this sight are always beating the drum of "It's time for tears and desperate prayer in the church again...", and yet when they see it, it's manipulation, emotionalism, "false fire" (which is a botching of Biblical terminology), the flesh (which is also a botching of Biblical terms), or worse yet, a demon!

So revival and child abuse are somehow linked?

It's sick. The devil's in the church. Even the athiests know it.

2007/11/1 13:07
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Child abuse? Preaching the gospel to children and teaching them how to pray is now child abuse? I dunno...maybe I'm missing something here...
jeff

2007/11/1 13:30Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Child abuse? Preaching the gospel to children and teaching them how to pray is now child abuse? I dunno...maybe I'm missing something here...
jeff

2007/11/1 13:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy