SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Days ARE Evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

For the next few additions I would like to quote varios parts of a book writen by Patrick Buchanan, Where The Right Went Wrong, How Neoconservatives Subverted the Reagan Revolution and Hijacked the Bush Presidency.

Page 23

At the Reagan Library in November of 1999, candidate Bush had repudiated the truimphalist rhetoric of the Clinton administration with all its braying about our being the "indespensable nation."

"Let us have an American foreign policy that reflects American character," said Bush. "The modesty of true strength. The humility of real greatness. This is the strong heart of America. And this will be the spirit of my administration."

In a presidential debate with Al Gore, Bush had said:

"One way for us to end up being viewed as the ugly American is for us to go around the world saying, we do it this way, so should you ... The United States mus be humble...humble in how we treat nations that are figuring out how to chart their own course."

This was the conservative the nation had elected president.

In the following posts I will document a speech given by President Bush at West Point June 2, 2002.

As a prelude to this, please remember that first after 9/11, Bush declared war on terrorism and any country that had established relationships with terrorist groups.

Here is a quote from that time.

"America has a message to the nations of the world; If you harbor terrorists, you are terrorists. If you train or arm a terrorist, you're a terrorist, and you will be held accountable by the United States..."

Time passes and now here is a quote from President Bush's state of the union address in 2002.

page 18

"We'll be deliberate, yet time is not on our side. I will not wait on events, while danges gather. I will not stand by, as peril draws closer and closer. The United States of America will not permit the world's most dangerous regimes to threaten us with the world's most destructive weapons."

With this threat, President Bush stunned many who had supported his leadership. What did Iran, Iraq, and North Korea have to do with 9/11? Why was he widening the war by issuing ultimattums to Iran, Iraq, and North Korea before Al Queda and its colaborators had been eradicated? Whe had Iraq, Iran, or North Korea threatened America with "the world's most destructive weapons?"

The Bush threat of war upon nations that had not attacked us was unprecedented. Truman never theathened war to stop Stalin from building atomic bombs after Russia tested one in 1949. LBJ did not threaten war on China when it exploded a nuclear weapon in 1964. While it had been U.S. policy to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons, Russia, Britain, France, China, Israel, India, and Pakistan had all aquired nuclear weapons without serious retribution for the United States. ......

Still, President Bush had no authority to issue those threats. The Constitution does not empower the president to launch preventive wars.

There is a new doctrine, The Bush Doctrine. Let us see where the king and his princes are leading us.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/15 23:20Profile

Re: Days ARE Evil

Quote:
Yet I see so many that profess Christ, and yet I see the evidence of their hope still remains in man.

Thank you for this lucid comment. Basically, you're saying democracy is a man-made man-worshipping device?

2005/11/16 9:50
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Let us see where the king and his princes are leading us.

Actually Jeff, I'm beginning to be curious where you are leading us!;-) We know the days are dark. Other then prayer...in your opinion is there a right choice these days? Or is there only wrong choices left to us anymore?

Are conservative evangelicals guilty of something here? Are you advocating something political? Or boycotting the whole affair of man-government and becoming nuetral or apolitical, claiming heavenly citizenship? Are you cursing the darkness or are you suggesting there is a better direction for American Christians that the church is overlooking?

Are you talking in the tradition of Jeremiah, saying that our nation is finished..and to prepare to be chastised by other nations? Or are recalling the prophecies of John or Daniel...warning us that these are the very last moments before the coming of Jesus.

These are dark days indeed...is there more to understand here?

Just curious and maybe dense.

MC

2005/11/16 11:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

I have come to a place in my walk where I see things more and more through Scripture. What I mean is that the light of the truth causes me to rejoice in the grace of God. However this light also brings out the darkness of this world. This is the work of the Holy Spirit is it not?

John 16:

8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

1 John 1:

14 I have written to you, fathers,
Because you have known Him who is from the beginning.
I have written to you, young men,
Because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you,
And you have overcome the wicked one.

Do you see that the work of the Holy Spirit enables those who mature in Christ to overcome the wicked one. There is a spiritual battle to be fought by those who have been trained by the word to discern between what is good and evil. This come to those who grow strong in the word of God.

I see the lie of Satan all around me. I perceive the illusions created by him to deceive. How else could we fight the good fight, if the Holy Spirit wasn't equiping us in the knowledge and wisdom preparing us to go to battle?

So to answer the question recently asked of me, I myself do not vote. Yet, I do not know what God's will is for others who are my Master's servants. This is where I am at.

This is just a thought, If I had voted for President Bush, I also voted for Dick Cheney, Rumsfield, Rice, Wolfowitz, Pearlman, and how many other nonbelievers? In this next few sections of these posts the object is to reveal the nature of the decisions that are made and what that means for those who live under their rule.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/16 13:00Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Jeff
i kinda feel the same way about voting and/or political involvement. i personally don't feel led to vote or anything like that but the Lord wouldn't have me ignorant of what's going on so i keep up with the news etc. i voted for kerry in the last election more because i disagreed with President Bush's policies but the more i reflect on it, the more i see that for me that was something that came from my flesh and not the will of God.

bro mike you asked if bro Jeff felt like Jeremiah in that our nation was done for or like daniel. i'm feeling a lot more like Jeremiah...very soon our nation will come crashing down however for those who have their trust in God through Christ and have Holy Spirit in them enabling them to do God's will, they will want for nothing. as Far as i've seen in scripture all those who serve the Lord never want for anything. am i worried or scared? not at all? should i be? not at all because the Lord said He's sustain me in His work, i buy it and that's that really.

at the end of the day the right choice is doing whatever God asks, for me it's keeping up with the goings on and going back and forth with God about it. let us all seek the Father's will with more diligence in these days lest we do what seems right in man's eyes and grieve the Father...

Let us fall on our faces and repent, repent and repent some more.

2005/11/16 13:19Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Sister Dorcas wrote:

Quote:
Thank you for this lucid comment. Basically, you're saying democracy is a man-made man-worshipping device?

Yes, man has created another form of a religion rooted in Humanism. The evidence of what many christian hope for is revealed in the zeal for which they strive to promote democracy. The evidence is revealed by the passion that overflows from their hearts.

Here is a quote from the book concerning what the king and his princes worship.

page34

"Liberty is both the plan of Heaven for humanity, and the best hope for progress here on Earth," said President Bush. Christians used to believe salvation was Heaven's plan for humanity and Jesus Christ was the way, the truth, and the life. Neoconservatives have made democracy their god. But why is George W. Bush falling down and worshiping this golden calf?

Do you see how deceptive the lie is? Do you see how this lie is interwoven into everything around us. The illusions are strong and only the love of the truth will save you from the effects of the lie.

Doesn't the whole world in the end worship a man who promises peace through government? What type of govenment might that be? Democracy?

Read Daniel

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/16 13:24Profile
Compton

Re:

Thanks for the reply Rookie and Ironman.

To quote Charles Dickens let me ask, "Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only.".

To further quote, "Why show me this, if I am past all hope?`Good Spirit,' he pursued, as down upon the ground he fell before it:' Your nature intercedes for me, and pities me. Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me, by an altered life"

What do you guys think?

MC

2005/11/16 14:14Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Mike

I see now the reason for your question in terms of Jeremiah or Daniel. I see what you are saying in terms of Dickens.

I am also currently reading a book called "The Last Apocalipes" (SP?). About 1000 AD things looked then like they do now. The Vikings were constantly terrorising the various towns along the coast of Great Britain. Nothing seemed good but evil was all around. Yet we know that God was at work then and eventually God's blessings did come.

I guess the way I am beginning to look at things is as I quoted from the book by Buchanan where he states:
"Christians used to believe salvation was Heaven's plan for humanity and Jesus Christ was the way, the truth, and the life." What if I share the gospel with my neighbor? What if my neighbor repents and comes to know Christ as I? What if he shares his hope with his neighbor? The law only condemns, it is the law of the Spirit in Christ that converts the mind and heart. This is the only way corruption will be rooted out. This is the only way to have hope for progress on this earth.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/16 14:46Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

The question of where I am leading is rooted in where I have been.

As I struggled with Scripture, as I struggled with the American dream of my father, as I began to see the reasons for what men struggle for, as I myself sought to find peace in this world where hypocracy and lies jaded my idealism, the experience realized from this struggle this I share.

The word of God paints a picture of where a disciple will be as he walks day by day with his Lord. The struggles that have come into my life because of Scripture have affected the substance of my hopes. The meat of the word of God attacks all those things which relate to hopes that are rooted in this world. The choice to submit to His leading or to hold onto the vain traditions of men can really be gut wrenching. There is a inner struggle that between the old man and the Spirit. The Spirit yearns jealously within us. The nature of these times of struggle are consuming. I imagine that it might be similar to the what some go through when a family is broken by divource. I believe that this is spoken of in Mark 4:

16 These likewise are the ones sown on stony ground who, when they hear the word, immediately receive it with gladness; 17 and they have no root in themselves, and so endure only for a time. Afterward, when tribulation or persecution arises for the word’s sake, immediately they stumble.

The trials and tribulations "arises for the word's sake,"...

I believe this speaks of what I have experienced in my own life. There are trials which God brings to you to show you the condition of your own heart. He gives you a choice, do you believe Me in this matter or will you continue to honor men? Do you fear Me or men? As you submit to Him you will find you are not in agreement with the world. The world hates what you begin to love because He is good and this brings to light the wickedness and emptiness that exists in fallen man.

My Lord has at times given me understanding of situations that exist in these times. At first I did not want to accept but as I submit I see a glimmer of the truth that was once hidden by my unwillingness to believe. The old man refuses to see, he wants to remain blind. This allows him to continue to live in the ways of this world seeking friendship and not tribulation. But my Lord and His grace have overcome the world in me in many different aspects of what I once hope for. Everyone's salvation is unique to the individual. God is the only One who can repair what is broken.

I believe he has equipt me in certain ways to reveal the lies of Satan and how it impacts the walk of my fellow brothers and sisters. That is all I know. I don't know where I am going I only know where I have been.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/11/16 15:48Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
it is the law of the Spirit in Christ that converts the mind and heart. This is the only way corruption will be rooted out. This is the only way to have hope for progress on this earth.

Amen Jeff! Thank you for clarifying this...

If we believe that conservatism will make us moral and righteous or liberalism will make us loving and compassionate we are tragically and fatally mistaken. Only each heart born again, indwelt by the Spirit of God, and a renewed mind, awash in the Spirit of God will produce a righteous and (edit: even compassionate) nation.

MC

2005/11/16 16:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy