SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Louisiana Gay Marriage Update!!!!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
wacohitt

Louisiana Gay Marriage Update!!!!

Give God the Glory! Louisiana actually does something right for a change! (I can say that, I've lived here all my life)

Yeaterday at our State capital, both our state senate and house PASSED a bill that would ammend our state constitution that would BAN SAME SEX MARRIAGE!!!! This is a huge step for our state and the fight against homosexual marriage in America. Churches from all aorund our State stormed the capital yesterday and took a stand for GOD and what is right. The fight isn't over. Now the people of our State has to vote on the issue, so it's time to pray!!!

I want to encourage you guys that although a situation may seem hopeless, if we actually go out into the community in the name of our LORD JESUS CHRIST, and take a stand, it can make a difference!!

It's nice to share good news! Have a great day!

Waco
'Cajun Deacon'

2004/5/19 9:09Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Louisiana Gay Marriage Update!!!!

That is encouraging. Hope all goes well in your state.

BTW (by the way), do you know what other states are trying to pass this law of same sex marriages? I read an article in Time Magazine not too long ago, but I forgot which states were involved in this.

2004/5/19 12:54Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

Yeah, that is so great to hear. I'll be praying that the people do the right thing in voting.

Quote:

Yodi wrote:
That is encouraging. Hope all goes well in your state.

BTW (by the way), do you know what other states are trying to pass this law of same sex marriages? I read an article in Time Magazine not too long ago, but I forgot which states were involved in this.

Actually, Yo, I heard that California and Hawaii were among the states that are trying to pass laws for gay marriages. Don't take my word, though. That's just what I remember hearing a while back. Probably some other states too.

2004/5/19 13:21Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Hey, It's You!

Hey, you posted something! Oh man, our state is one of them?! Actually, I was going to post earlier that I'm surprised that California isn't on that list with Hillcrest, San Francisco and whatever other gay communities we have. Hmmm... well, I'm a registered voter so, you know, I'll keep doing my part that way. Praying is also good.

Using my other nick names on her huh, Jennifer? [laughs] That's fine. Once again, it's exciting to see you on here, especially since [cough] we're supposed to be working [laughs].

Hope to see more of you. :-)

2004/5/19 14:11Profile
DelightedInU

Escondido, CA

Re:

Yeah, California is messed up. I don't know about with our debt now, but haven't you ever heard that California is like a mini economy? If we wanted to break off and become our own country, we could. We have everything here. California has so much say in the U.S. If California makes a law, lots of the other states tend to follow suit. But anyways, don't you remember all that gay marriage stuff in San Francisco a few months back, where all those couples were getting married illeagly? That's was so sad, and it scared me a lot cause if California starts to allow it, it could have a great affect on the rest of the U.S. It was mostly sad cause I know it grieved God. This world is so messed up. How can he still look down on it and love it? Only God could... cause I could never die for or love filthy people like us.

Yeah, well I'm allowed to call you by your other nicknames! I actually know you personally, not just through the internet. I think it would be funny if I acted like I didn't know you. Do you think I should act like that? :-P J/k You know us, we answer phones all day... so that give us spare time to hang out on this website and email each other. You know what is really cool? All "religious" websites are pretty much blocked here at work. Even our church website, I can't get on. But this one I can. Pretty cool, huh?

2004/5/19 15:13Profile
Rahman

Re: Louisiana Gay Marriage Update!!!!

Quote:

Give God the Glory! Louisiana actually does something right for a change! (I can say that, I've lived here all my life)

On a lighter note I just have to say that Louisiana has done a number of other things right too! ... And they're all done in the kitchen ... '0) ... Ummmmm .... good!

2004/5/21 12:36Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy