SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Is this weird?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Is this weird?

Quote:
Why are condemning me?

... I wasn't happy.

Brother, I'm sorry.

When I wrote my post, I had not picked up from yours that this was [i]already[/i] history. That was my mistake. If I'd realised, I would not have phrased it as if you have an option still to come and could refuse. I'm glad you weren't happy. I now realise that's why you posted the thread. Please re-read my post as 'I'm glad you were unhappy. I agree with you completely!'

And your question about what I'm going to say in the throne room has been on my mind since I posted it. You're correct there! What [i]am[/i] I going to say?

All that said, I did wonder whether to post at all because I realised I was out of my usual calm exterior. The truth is, although I didn't have to do that particular thing, I do feel I was made to look foolish with a whole bunch of other dear saints, some years ago. None of us could stop the situation. It was a matter of continuing to lose touch with reality, or, getting out and retaining a sense of control in one's own life.

I did eventually leave but not until other things had become much worse. I realise it's a learning curve for each of us from which no-one can protect us.

2007/10/1 18:20
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

reformer,

God bless you....

ginnyrose

2007/10/1 22:50Profile
dohzman

I think.....

I think the church especially in America, does things to try to get people involved and so they flit from one thing to another. I don't believe they are intentionally trying to violate the second commandment or practice some form of witchcraft or white magic, but maybe through misinformation or something the leadership may have heard or read from another minister or one of their magazines that churches get regularly, they may just be trying to do the same in hopes that they may achieve the same results. I would probably make inquiry and ask some questions as to where this idea came from and gather all the information you can. Than prayerfully proceed based on having all the information you can get, with any church move. In the process you should always rember to be a wise sower of the Word of God and His principles on prayer gently instructing without demanding or exercising self over the leadership.

I think the churches by in large are so desperate to see change that like Ole King David, they are willing to move the Ark of God in un-biblical ways.(Or in this case extra-biblical ways) For the last 9 months I have been going through the dark night of the soul where all my life seems to be couched in hell, physically, spiritually/emotionally, and in every other way, so when I make this last statement consider the state of mind I'm in presently as one who is talking to them self, God's Word is the only reliable road map for life and when faith in His word is exercised properly (biblically), the very character of the One who wrote it (breathed it into exsistance) can be trusted completely.

So reformer- be patient, be a farmer, if you have faith have it unto yourself and God alone, but never leave the companion of mercy and understanding when dealing with the church. One person full of the Holy Ghost can make a difference.

2007/10/1 22:52Profile

Re: I think.....

I found some other information, I guess they plan on placing the cut outs around where the new building will be and people will go out in groups of eight and pray. people will write scriptures and so forth. I guess the idea came from the pastors wife.

I am debating on going to schedule a meeting with the pastor and share some of my concerns about many things i see the church doing.The church definetly seems different from a couple of years ago, I don't know if I just changed and never noticed.

i am not sure though if I should go and talk to the pastoral care minister, he is a veteran of the faith and has much wisdom. I really don't know if I should even say anything or not? its heavey on my heart.

We will not be taking part of the praying we will skip the sunday school class. Pray for me

2007/10/3 13:09
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: I think.....

dohzman,

I have been thinking about your reply here...which evoked another train of thought for me and this happens to deal with prayer.

What is prayer? Is it a ritual? Is it when your spirit communes with God through his Spirit?

Brother, it seems to me if prayer is merely a ritual one will be looking for creative methods to enhance it. On the other hand if prayer is communion with God through the Spirit, it needs no other props to get it going. Actually, I find prayer time consuming, hard work. Oh, sure it is easy to perform the ritual, but communing with God requires time, silence and waiting on God.

Just my thoughts...

ginnyrose

2007/10/3 21:11Profile
dohzman

Re:

Hi Sis :-)

I guess I try to exercise carefulness about churches and thier practices because it is difficult to know exactly where they really are spiritually speaking. The apostle Paul ran into believers who were from John the Baptist and did even have a clue about the Holy Spirit. There is so much these days that passes in the churches as, "inspired", "spirit lead", "God ordained", you get my drift. Most of it is simply ignorance of God and His Word. The Spirit and the Word agree, but i find the pulpit as well as the pew as clueless about spiritual things these days as many unbelievers. Maybe blind leaders of the blind?

Quote:
Actually, I find prayer time consuming, hard work

I don't know that I find prayer or communion hard work, it just takes time, lots of it. I do find intercession hard work, now that's a sacrifice, reminds me of a story about a chicken and a pig who came upon a dieing man and the chicken said "may be we should do something, let's give him something to eat, let's give him some ham and eggs". At that point the pig spoke up and said "hey wait just one minute, it's just an offering on your part, it's total committment on mine!"
I think the church is good at offerings, just not very good at total committments, that's all.In such cases they really need to be taught. God Bless---Bro. Daryl

2007/10/3 21:51Profile

Re:

reformer, God Bless you - God gave you discernment on this issue within your spirit.

The problem in the Church is that they've thrown out Discernment and Discernment Ministries and now see everything as "judging".

What you've described is plain and simpley described as "Witchcraft".
Why the church can't call a spade a spade anymore without all of this nonsense of beating around a bush. Ravenhill must be pacing Heaven saying "How long Oh Lord?"

Even Watchman Nee, or Lewis or any of them would say that - and without the benefits that we have in these days of searching the Internet for Discernment or apologetic type sites.

You and your wife are growing and yes, the church at large IS changing - it's "written" that it would - become Apostate [Big falling away from The Truth].
Fasten your seatbelt - it's going to be a horrific ride.

With my empathy - but HE Reigns.

2007/10/4 15:22

Re: Is this weird?

Sounds interesting. They are just showing that the paper they cut out is the Church body.

2007/10/4 20:09
dohzman

Re: Maybe?

I think churches sometimes do things out of ignorance and we spend all our energies splitting hairs. Now I'm not saying that's the case here, however until there's honest confrontation and dialogue, who's to say? Unless the Lord has spoken by way of revelation, and than one can say "thus saith the Lord" and back it with scripture based on sound doctrine and maybe even some historical instances, than I would exercise extreme caution. It is all to easy for anyone not personally involved to chime in and tell another what to do, but that can be and is often manipulation which is wrong. Unless there's blantant out and out sin, like the one church in Oregon where the Pastor had people in a prayer class pair up with the opposite sex and stare into each others eyes until there was a spiritual connection, that's a plain New Age practice and that church ended up having a 75% divorce rate along with several suicides. If sin is plain, flee for your lives. Proverbs says not to judge a matter without the full matter being known, and Reformer is the only one who knows the full matter in this case, but it will take some bold steps and the wisdom that comes from above.

I believe these things come into our lives inorder to force us to study and dig into a matter and listen to see what God will say, that way we stand on sure footing when we make a direction choice. That is the narrow path for most, we don't want to take the pains to hear from heaven.

2007/10/4 22:05Profile

Re:

Quote:

dohzman wrote:
I think churches sometimes do things out of ignorance and we spend all our energies splitting hairs. Now I'm not saying that's the case here, however until there's honest confrontation and dialogue, who's to say? Unless the Lord has spoken by way of revelation, and than one can say "thus saith the Lord" and back it with scripture based on sound doctrine and maybe even some historical instances, than I would exercise extreme caution. It is all to easy for anyone not personally involved to chime in and tell another what to do, but that can be and is often manipulation which is wrong. Unless there's blantant out and out sin, like the one church in Oregon where the Pastor had people in a prayer class pair up with the opposite sex and stare into each others eyes until there was a spiritual connection, that's a plain New Age practice and that church ended up having a 75% divorce rate along with several suicides. If sin is plain, flee for your lives. Proverbs says not to judge a matter without the full matter being known, and Reformer is the only one who knows the full matter in this case, but it will take some bold steps and the wisdom that comes from above.

I believe these things come into our lives inorder to force us to study and dig into a matter and listen to see what God will say, that way we stand on sure footing when we make a direction choice. That is the narrow path for most, we don't want to take the pains to hear from heaven.

Thank you for the advice.

2007/10/4 22:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy