SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The New Day of Rest

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

You Quote:""" "But the ministry of death written and engraven in stones"""

I never said brother that Corinthian was ceremonial law, again you are putting words in my mouth which I did not say.

Are the Ten commandments the ministry of Death. Let's see

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1st Commandment

No other gods.

Deuteronomy 13:1-3 "If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, 2 "and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, 'Let us go after other gods' -- which you have not known -- 'and let us serve them,' 3 "you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 13:8-9 "you shall not consent to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him or conceal him; 9 "but you shall surely kill him; your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people.

Exodus 22:20 He who sacrifices to any god, except to the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed.

2nd Commandment
No Imagery

Deuteronomy 7:4-5 "For they will turn your sons away from following Me, to serve other gods; so the anger of the LORD will be aroused against you and destroy you suddenly.
5 "But thus you shall deal with them: you shall destroy their altars, and break down their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images, and burn their carved images with fire.

3rd Commandment

No taking His name in vain

Leviticus 24:16 'And whoever blasphemes the name of the LORD shall surely be put to death. All the congregation shall certainly stone him, the stranger as well as him who is born in the land. When he blasphemes the name of the Lord, he shall be put to death.

4th Commandment
No labour on the sabbath

Exodus 31:14 'You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.

Exodus 31:16 'Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant.

5TH Commandment

Honour your mother and father.

Exodus 21:15 And he who strikes his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.

Exodus 21:17 " And he who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death.
6th Commandment
do not murder

Leviticus 24:17 ' Whoever kills any man shall surely be put to death.
7th Commandment

do not commit adultery

Leviticus 20:10 'The man who commits adultery with another man's wife, he who commits adultery with his neighbor's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress, shall surely be put to death.

8th Commandment
do not steal
9th Commandment
do not bear false witness
10th Commandment
Do not covet

As you can see brother The Ten commandments written in stones is most definetely a ministration of death, if you disobey them. But a blessing if you obey them.

Remember what moses said.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28 " Behold, I set before you today a blessing and a curse: 27 "the blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you today; 28 "and the curse, if you do not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside from the way which I command you today, to go after other gods which you have not known.

See brother, through the Law there is the knoledge os sin, and sin leads us to death.

So As moses said, if you obey the commandments, you won't sin and you will be blessed, but if you don't then the results of sin is death.

You can think whatever you want about the Ten commandments, but one fact remain,

THEY WERE GIVEN TO MOSES BY GOD HIMSELF, THE HOLY OF HOLIES, WRITTEN WITH THE FINGER OF GOD THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR.

And Paul said,

Romans 7:12 Therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good.

And God Said:

Hebrews 8:10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

I do not need the Stones to remind me of the laws of God for they are in my heart and in my mind.

And again, if I break them, it still brings death.

for Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus can cleanse your sins, but after he forgave the sins of Mary Magdalene,

John 8:11 She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said to her, "Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more."

2007/10/4 20:18

Re:

Quote: """ Are you saying it was only the ceremonies that brought condemnation?"""

I have never said such a thing.

Through the Law brother there is the knowledge of sin, without the law there is not sin, the Ten commandments reveals your sin. The ceremonial Law was used to cleanse the sins committed by the people. Most of the laws in the ten commandments resulted in Death, God took the breaking of the sabbath as serious as he took idolatry.

Paul says, Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2007/10/4 20:28

Re:

Quote:
The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ not only fulfills the Ten Commandments, but so far surpasses them in glory that the former is not even worth comparing.

Brother james said.

James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy.

God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit do not have different laws. They are all in one accord. You are saying that Jesus Laws surpasses God's law.
It is my love for Jesus, through the guidance of the Holy Spirit that Compells me to keep God's Holy law, or if you want, Jesus Holy Law or The Holy Spirit Law, to me they are all the same.

Again. James 4:12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy.

2007/10/4 20:35

Re:

Dear brother,

Quote: """Just in case I did not specifically answer your question regarding David and myself"""

Brother makrothumia, I think you misunderstood my question to you.

In your first message you were quite unfair, in my opinion describing God's law (Ten Commandments). and my question to you was, is the law you are talking about the same as the law and judgments David was describing in Psalms 119?

I was not asking for you to make a comparison about you and david.

I am so happy brother to hear that your family is blessed by the lord, and that you are all His servants.

I just wouldn't go as far as to say that David, The King David would envy your position. He was the annointed one to be the king of the people God had chosen His own. The People that God separated to Himself, so that He could bring salvation to the word. But not only that, but Jesus would come from David's bloodline. Now that is a position to be desired. The saviour of the world came from his bloodline.

David did have some mishaps in his life, some of his children did not end up the way one would say they should. but one of his son had all this.

1 Kings 3:5-12 At Gibeon the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, "Ask! What shall I give you?" 6 And Solomon said: "You have shown great mercy to Your servant David my father, because he walked before You in truth, in righteousness, and in uprightness of heart with You; You have continued this great kindness for him, and You have given him a son to sit on his throne, as it is this day. 7 "Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king instead of my father David, but I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in. 8 "And Your servant is in the midst of Your people whom You have chosen, a great people, too numerous to be numbered or counted. 9 "Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?" 10 The speech pleased the LORD, that Solomon had asked this thing. 11 Then God said to him: "Because you have asked this thing, and have not asked long life for yourself, nor have asked riches for yourself, nor have asked the life of your enemies, but have asked for yourself understanding to discern justice, 12 "behold, I have done according to your words; see, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise.

This is How Jesus described Himself in Revelation.

Revelation 5:5 But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."

Revelation 22:16 "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star."

Brother this is something to be envious about.

The intention of my question was not to get a comparison about you and David Brother. although I has been nice to know that you have a blessed family. But one thing I can learn from David, Despite of all his mistakes and sins, God still loved Him, and thought so highly of Him. It gives me the confidence that He loves me as well, with all my flaws, which are many. But With the Help of the Holy Spirit I am shaping up myself to meet my saviour on that great day for some and dreadful day for others.

May God continue to bless you and your family abundantly Brother.

In Love, Jayme

2007/10/4 20:57
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Dear Jayme,

Thank you for your replies. My point in mentioning what I have about David, is that we have a greater salvation than he knew. I know that "The Law is holy, righteous and good", but the first Covenant, in which God found fault with the people, does not compare with the New and yes in God's own words "different" Covenant. I believe you sincerely see many of the aspects of that first Covenant fulfilled spiritually in the New. If I undertand you, you would probably see most of the ceremonial laws, and other feast days, and circumcision as having their fulfillment in spiritual ways in the New Covenant. I think it likely, that the only area we would not see the same would be that I include the Sabbath in that spiritual fulfillment also. My rest does not come from a day, I come to Christ to receive rest. I do not see this as a contradiction to the fourth commandment. It is the New Testament authors that portray the principles of the first Covenant as "weak and beggarly" principles that enslave people. These thoughts have not originated with me. I follow the Laws of Christ, and like Paul, I am not under the Law of Moses. I never was under the Law of Moses, for I am a gentile and the Law, including the Ten Commandments was a covenant, intermediate, with Israel. I believe it was wonderful for them and for the purpose it serves in revealing sin. Our area of disagreement seems confined to how we see the Ten Commandments fulfilled in the New Covenant. I believe I walk in that fulfillment, and have assumed that someone as sincere as yourself toward the Law of God would walk this way also.

I guess I need to ask if you regard Romans 14:5 - that passage about regarding a day above a day - to be referring to a Sabbath. I have always been taught, and undestood this to be a reference to the Sabbath. Perhaps you could explain how you view and have been taught on this passage.

Thanks,
Makrothumia

2007/10/5 11:21Profile

Re:

Dear brother,

quote: Our area of disagreement seems confined to how we see the Ten Commandments fulfilled in the New Covenant. I believe I walk in that fulfillment, and have assumed that someone as sincere as yourself toward the Law of God would walk this way also.

Dear brother, I keep people saying about the old and new covenants. The Old given to Israel, could you please show me where was this new covenant given to us Gentiles?

Is this new covenant the same paul is talking about here?

Jeremiah talks about a new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31-33 Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah -- 32 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the LORD. 33 "But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

In matthew 26:28, Mark 14:24 and luke 22:20

Matthew 26:28 "For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:24 "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luke 22:20 "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2 Corinthians 3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Paul here talks about a new covenant.

Hebrews 8:8-10 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah -- 9 "not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they did not continue in My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the LORD. 10 "For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

NOte that he repeats exactly what Jeremiah said, and he goes on saying that this new covenant is for Israel and with the house of Judah.

my question to you is, for those who keep saying that the old covenant was just for israel and only israel should fulfil it.

Is this new covenant only for israel and the house of Judah as well?

Please can you give me the texts that supports this new covenant for the gentiles?

I keep hearing people saying that we are under the new covenant and I believe we are. but wasn't this new covenant given to israel and the house of judah.

Thank you for your time and patience.

God bless you.

2007/10/9 16:56

Re:

dear brother I have another question for you.

NKJ 1 Corinthians 9:20-21 And to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law;

NIV To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law.

Everybody keeps saying that they are under the law of Christ.

but what does paul mean when he says, though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ.

what is this God's law paul is refering to?

Now to me, He is saying that He is under God's law(ten commandments) and Christ's law(love, serving and humility)

The Law of Christ is mentioned only once in the Bible, in the Epistle to the Galatians: "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2, New King James Version). The Law of Christ: "Bear one another's burdens."

could you please explain this to me. since some say that paul did not keep the Ten Commandments, I beg to differ.

2007/10/9 17:14
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Hi Jayme,

Well I will attempt to do so, but if I do not address your question fully, please feel free to clarify it for me again. You asked

"what does paul mean when he says, though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ.
what is this God's law paul is refering to?"

This law is the "New Commandment" that Jesus referred to in John 13:34 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another." What did Jesus mean by "a new commandment." The Greek term translated "new" is an adjective meaning new qualitatively in contrast to what is old. For example "new wine" as opposed to "old". The term is ofter used to indicate that which is "better" than the thing that existed before. So, our Lord chose to make a contrast between the former commandment and His own, which He described as "new" or "better" in quality. This does not mean it is drastically different in substance, but we know that the "New Covenant" is drastically "better" in its results. The Law although "Holy, Righteous, and Good" made nothing perfect, therefore, a "New Covenant" was introduced, a "better" Covenant in that it could make men righteous. This is what Paul meant in Galatians 3:21: "Is the Law then against the promises of God? Certainly not! For if there had been a law given which could have given life, truly righteousness would have been by the law. Paul is saying that the law was not able to produce righteousness. With the same thought in mind Paul wrote "What the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did...". The Law was not able to make men righteous in actions, because of the "law of sin at work in the members making me a prisoner of the law of sin and death." The Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ is able to accomplish what the Law of Moses could not. Those in Christ have received the indwelling Spirit of God, His very life, becoming partakers of the Divine Nature, thus receiving power to "fulfill all the righteous requirements of the Law." Those who live by the Spirit, living by faith, do not make void the Law - rather we "establish the Law." As the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, this new "internal" power at work in us produces the new creature's desires to walk in all the righteousness of the Law. "For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision, but faith which worketh by love." Remember "the Law is not of faith." God's righteous ones do not live "by the Law" but like Abraham, they live by faith. Their faith does not make void the Law, rather their faith establishes the Law. Circumcision was a sign of the covenant with Abraham, you know now that the physical act of circumcision is meaningless in regards to producing righteousness. But the faith which worketh by love, produces such a change of heart, that those who live by it do no harm to their neighbor, thus fulfilling all of the last 5 of the Ten Commandments simply by following the leading of the Spirit of Christ in them to love their neighbor as He has loved them. The first five commandments are fulfilled much in the same way. No one speaking by the Spirit says Jesus be accursed, therefore no one living by the Spirit takes God's name in vain. The Spirit of God inspires those who live by faith to give Jesus Christ first place so they naturally seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness. This takes care of the first commandment, no other God before the Father or the Son - not even "covetousness which is idolatry." Those who genuinely live by the Spirit do not make gods or a god in their own mind, not even another Jesus, or another spirit or another gospel. Their love and allegiance is to God the Father through Jesus the Son.
The vast majority of the sincere saints who would visit this sight fulfill all of the first three commandments and the last six simply by walking according to the spirit, living in love, abiding in God. Your question as you have stated in earlier posts centers upon in what way does the New Covenant fulfill the fourth commandment. You see circumcision to be a spiritual reality in Christ, therefore you must be in complete agreement with the vast majority of us who place no requirement on others to undergo physical circumcision. Our discussion comes to the crossroad of what it means to "keep the Sabbath holy." You have made your position clear on this, but I am not sure you have accepted attempts, at least by myself to explain that I see this fulfillment in a different way than you do.
Before I attempt to re-explain my own views of how I enter the sabbath rest by faith, I would like you to explain your views on Romans 14:5 unless you have already done so and I have missed it. If you did that already, I apologize and would ask you to copy it again or direct me to it some how. I would appreciate knowing your views on this before I continue. Thank you.

makrothumia

2007/10/10 13:29Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Sorry Jayme for missing one of your last questions. The Gentiles are made partakers not of a covenant with Israel, but with Abraham. The Covenant with Abraham stated "in you all the nations shall be blessed." The covenant with Israel, introduced 430 years after the covenant with Abraham, does not set aside the previously established covenant. The Law was merely an intermediate covenant until the "seed of Abraham" appeared. The Gentiles are blessed through faith in the seed of Abraham, just like the Jew. Jews are branches, not the root. The Seed of Abraham, is the root of David. Jews are branches some of whom were broken off because of unbelief, and they can only be grafted in again by faith. Thus whether Gentile or Jew, we can only partake by faith. God's mystery was revealed to the apostles and prophets as it was never before in previous generations. His purpose was to create in Himself one new man out of the two (Jew and Gentile) and to reconcile them both through Christ body. In Christ, there is neither Jew nor Gentile - just Sons of God by faith.

makrothumia

2007/10/10 13:39Profile

Re:

Dear brother.

I apologize for taking this long to reply to your message.

Romans 14:5-6 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.

Dear brother, I want to start this by pointing out that on the first verse of Romans 14. Paul mentions the fact that people were argueing about doubtful things.

Was the Sabbath a doubtfull thing to Paul? In my view, Absolutely not.

Let's put this into the context of Jew and Gentile. Paul was a Jew, and by being a Jew, He would have to keep the sabbath.

Remember that the Sabbath was a covenant on its own.

Exodus 31:15-17 'Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 'Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 'It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.' "

My question to you is, Was Paul a child of Israel?

If you answer is yes, then He would have to comply with the sabbath keeping.

Also note that Paul was persecuted many many times by the pharises and scribes, but He was never acused of sabbath breaking. Why?

In many verses we can see that Paul had the habit to go to the synagogue on the sabbath.

Acts 13:14-16 But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day and sat down. 15 And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent to them, saying, "Men and brethren, if you have any word of exhortation for the people, say on." 16 Then Paul stood up, and motioning with his hand said, "Men of Israel, and you who fear
God, listen:

Here we know that Paul went to the synagogue on the sabbath.

Acts 13:42 So when the Jews went out of the synagogue, the Gentiles begged that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

Here tells me that not only Jew were on the synagogues on the sabbath, but also the Gentiles. If it wasn't required for the gentiles to keep the sabbath holy, what were they doing there?

What is your explanation for the fact that the gentiles were attending church on the sabbath?

Acts 13:44 On the next Sabbath almost the whole city came together to hear the word of God.

But look what happened in the following sabbath.

The whole city came to hear Paul's preaching.

Now we come to a place where a lot of people use to do away with the sabbath law.

The Jerusalem Council. They say that if we were to keep the sabbath, the apostles would have mentioned it here.

But I want you to know that, the same way that Paul was arguing doubtful things on romans 14. The council also got together to decide on things that were doubtful.
The Sabbath was an established thing, why discuss it?

It is like making a new automobile, the engineers might get together to decide the size( width and hight) of a tyre that would best fit that car. You will not see them argueing about wheather they should used rubber, metal, wood or whatever other material you could think of to make a tyre. It is established that the material to be used is rubber. so no point in discussing it.

The time of the Jerusalem council, was a time where new converts were being mislead to being circumcised. They would tell them that they could not be saved unless they were circumcised.

Acts 15:19-24 "Therefore I judge that we should not trouble those from among the Gentiles who are turning to God, 20 "but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from things strangled, and from blood. 21 "For Moses has had throughout many generations those who preach him in every city, being read in the synagogues every Sabbath." 22 Then it pleased the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas, namely, Judas who was also named Barsabas, and Silas, leading men among the brethren. 23 They wrote this letter by them: The apostles, the elders, and the brethren, To the brethren who are of the Gentiles in Antioch, Syria, and Cilicia: Greetings. 24 Since we have heard that some who went out from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your souls, saying, "You must be circumcised and keep the law" -- to whom we gave no such commandment --

The sabbath was not dicussed there because it was not a point of doubt.

Now this is a verse the clarifies it all for me. For many say that Paul went to the synagogues on the sabbath to persuade the Jews. Otherwise he wouldn't be there.

but have a look at this verse.

Acts 16:11-14 Therefore, sailing from Troas, we ran a straight course to Samothrace, and the next day came to Neapolis, 12 and from there to Philippi, which is the foremost city of that part of Macedonia, a colony. And we were staying in that city for some days. 13 And on the Sabbath day we went out of the city to the riverside, where prayer was customarily made; and we sat down and spoke to the women who met there. 14 Now a certain woman named Lydia heard us.

Here it tells me that Paul did not go to the synagogue on that particular sabbath. He went outside the city to a riverside, where Prayer was customarily made, On the SAbbath.

No jew here. Just the Gentile brothers.

I have wrote this brother to establish the fact that Paul went to the synagogues on the sabbath, to preach, to persuade people(Jew, Gentiles and Greek-acts 18:4) to Christ, but also He would go outside the city to be with likeminded people to worship on the Sabbath as well.

Now back to romans 14. As I said before. Paul is
discussing with them about something that was creating problems among the brethrem.

I can see on verse 2, what that something was.

Romans 14:2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables.

Verse 3-4 were also written about the same argument. People were judging people based on what they were eating or not eating.

Take note that there is no mention of the Sabbath in this passage. It is a mistake to read into this passage that Paul was referring to Sabbath observance. The reference here is simply to days. The Sabbath is definetely not the issue at hand.

The church of Rome had a composite of Jew and Gentiles as its members. On verse 2/3/6. Paul clearly identifies the issue of vegetarianism, not Sabaath observance. Paul was addressing a question of eating or not eating meat on particular days.

The whole chapter is about eating or not eating certain things. To even mention the Sabbath issue here would be absolutely out of context.

Now, if you put the fact of eating meat or not eating meat and apply to verses 4 and 5. it would make perfect sense.

Verse 4 - One person prefers not to eat meat in one day, another prefers not to eat it any day. so let them be convinced it in their own mind.

Verse 5 - He who doesn't eat meat in that day, He does it for the Lord, and he who doesn't really think important to stop eating meat, also does it for the Lord.

Brother to say that Paul is talking about the sabbath would be the same as describing a way to lose weight and right in the middle of it say something like this.

__How to lose weight__

1-Don't eat processed foods.
2-don't have too much sugar.
3-don't eat Too much.
4-Don't forget to do your english lessons.
5-do plenty of exercises.

You would say, what number 4 has to do with what we are talking about? Absolutely nothing.

It would be totally out of place.

Brother you cannot take an issue so important like the Sabbath and do away with it in two verses. The whole of the OT, God is pleading with israel to keep His holy day.

You might say that you keep it in the spirit, But when God gave the commandments he gave precise instructions as how we should keep it holy.

Six days we shall labour but the sabbath is holy to the Lord. The SAbbath Day Brother is a Holy day to men from God.

Nehemiah 9:14 You made known to them Your holy Sabbath, And commanded them precepts, statutes and laws, By the hand of Moses Your servant.

The SAbbath is God's Day, it is His sign to us. and That is why Jesus said the He is Lord even of the Sabbath.

I have a question for you.

When Jesus was talking to the pharisees.

Matthew 12:11-12 Then He said to them, "What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? 12 "Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

Now would it be the perfect oportunity for Jesus to just say, The SAbbath is not longer binding. for I am your sabbath, I have fulfilled the law for you. But he did not say that.

Instead He says, it is lawful to do Good on the sabbath. if Jesus had said it was Lawful to do good on the sabbath, then I am right to assume that there were unlawful things as well, and for us to know what that is, we have to go back to God's law(Ten Commandments) to find out what is unlawful on the Sabbath.

I hope I was able to explaing my views about romans 14. Any comments of it would be appreciated.

Jayme

2007/10/10 19:56

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy