SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Help me, I really want some guidance about...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jarona

The Earth

Help me, I really want some guidance about...

Something God may be calling me to do. Before I came to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour I stole from a number of churches. I also stole from a fire hall and broke into what at that time was a body shop. I think God may be calling me to confess to people that I have robbed from there church, tell someone I stole from such and such a fire hall and ask people for forgiveness. I really need Gods' grace if I am going to do this. I stole from a number of places when I was a youth. I am now an adult and could spend yrs. in prison for breaking and entering, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows any sermons on SI about restitution, and if anyone knows any scriptures that could allow me to have more confidence or assurance that this may be God telling me to do this. Thanks for your help, Jaron

2007/9/26 22:10Profile

Re: Help me, I really want some guidance about...

First, I would go to God man. Go in secret, get on your knees and talk to Him about all these things.

2007/9/26 22:16

jarona,

Paulmcg1 (above) gave you some good advice.

However, in the day we live, you may find it difficult to find such a "man of God".

Also, the scripture is quite explicit about what we ought to do about our sins - be baptised, confess them, and repent:

"And (they) [i]were baptized of him (St. John The Baptist) in Jordan, confessing their sins[/i]. But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? [i]Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance...[/i]" (MATT 3:7-8)

"Fruits meet for repentance" means we need to make restitution to those we wronged in the past:

"And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, [i]the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold[/i]. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as [i]he also is a son of Abraham[/i]. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost." (LUKE 19:8-10)

Brother, whenever I pray, some particular sins I committed before my salvation leap to mind as well. The Holy Ghost is telling you and I we need to repent [i]and[/i] make restitution.

Thanks for blessing me and confirming what the Holy Ghost has been telling me for months.

Interesting thing about it is, He's only asked me to make restitution for those things I can actually make up for. The things I can't, He doesn't bring to my mind in prayer.

He's so graceful and merciful.

God bless you, sir.

2007/9/26 22:41

A brother here some while ago, also had a similar confession.

As he tackled the various people he had to speak to, he found favour in their sight according to God's grace, and was mightily encouraged in his faith as he did what he could, or was prevented by them from doing what he had thought might be necessary by way of restitution.

He had a lot at stake, actually, but the Lord blessed him.

2007/10/1 14:59
Tears_of_joy

Quote:
jarona wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any sermons on SI about restitution,

Hello jarona, hear this testimony:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=4227&commentView=itemComments]My Godly Father[/url] by Keith Daniel

2007/10/1 15:10Profile
Rahman

Bro Jarona ...

i think you're having an attack of the "guilts", and are probably of the personality that finds it difficult to forgive yourself ...

But by God's grace i think the key is what you said here ...

"Before I came to believe in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour I stole ... "

i used to also have "guilt" attacks sometimes about my pre-salvation sins until i heard a sermon based from the following scripture ...

[b]2Cor.5
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.[/b]

Within that sermon the preacher said that once we come to Christ He forgives us of all, and that we're cleansed
from our guilt ... Also in that sermon were the passages we're Christ healed the man, and told him to "go and sin no more", and also about the adulterous woman ...

[b]John.8
[10] When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
[11] She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.[/b]

The preacher ended by saying it's the devil who keeps accusing us for our sins pre-salvation, because of them there is no condemnation in Christ, and that any person freed in Christ is free indeed ... From that i was able to move on ...

[b]Matt.9
[2] ....... Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.[/b]

Hope this is of some help :-D ...

Bro R

PS - Thanks for the links on demons/deliverance ... Some of the sermons were very informative.

2007/10/1 16:18Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy