SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : 28 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 28 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/revival/revivalc8.gif[/img]

[i]There is no cost to attend the conference but it is asked that you pre-register at: http://revivalconference.eventbrite.com to secure a seat for the event. Visit www.revivalconference.com for more information.[/i]

[b]28 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE[/b]

The Atmosphere Of Revival By Sammy Tippit

Revival is a divine move of the Spirit of God. The passion of my heart is that God would send a revival to our land. I believe that is what God wants to do. Our part is to prepare ourselves for revival, to get to a position to receive revival.

There are a lot of things today that are being called revival. I have a burden lest we will settle for far less than what genuine revival really is. Revival is a visitation of God Himself. It is God saturating His people with His presence. It is God moving among His people in such a way that their lives are transformed. When we have met with God, there is no way we can be the same people. Our lives and ministries will be different.

Revival is not something that can be manipulated. It is much more than a grand feeling. It is much more than physical manifestation. Revival is the presence of an awesome, holy God among His people. I am not talking about what we put on a sign in front of our churches saying, "Revival Next Week." Revival doesn’t go from Sunday to Wednesday or Wednesday to Sunday. Revival is when God comes and meets with His people, and His people are changed forever because they have met a holy God.

There are several reasons why we cannot produce revival. First of all, there are barriers to that kind of atmosphere in our world today. The first barrier is the cultural barrier. We live in a world that is totally opposed to real, genuine, God-sent revival. We cannot but see the immorality and the sinfulness and the lack of moral standards in the culture, all of which are totally opposed to the presence of a holy God. There are other things that are much more subtle in our culture that are totally opposed to any kind of revival. And many times what you see in the culture you see also in the Church. The Church is more conformed to the world than it is conformed to Christ.

There is a great hindrance to revival in our culture because we live in a culture of busyness, and busyness is a hindrance to revival. The Lord says, "Be still, and know that I am God, for I will be exalted among the nations; I will be exalted in all the earth" (Psa. 46:10). I’m convinced that we’ve not seen revival because we have not been quiet; we have not stood quietly in the presence of an Almighty God to behold Him for who He is, to see what He wants to do, to hear from heaven. We’re so busy telling Him what He ought to do and going here and there and running to and fro that God has not sent revival because we have not sat down to listen to what He wants to do in us. Busyness has stolen revival. It’s a barrier in the culture in which we live.

Pray for nothing less than a genuine God-sent, Holy Spirit revival! We cannot create an atmosphere of revival, but we can be silent before the Lord. Whatever He speaks to your heart, let Him do in your life. If there is something you need to repent of, if there is sin you need to confess and turn away from, if you’ve become discouraged and grown weary in your prayer life, you need to come back to God and be still, and find a place and a time to be with Him and seek Him. Let that time be now.

2007/9/25 12:53Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: 28 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE REVIVAL CONFERENCE

Quote:
I’m convinced that we’ve not seen revival because we have not been quiet; we have not stood quietly in the presence of an Almighty God to behold Him for who He is, to see what He wants to do, to hear from heaven.

May we come to this conference with a "still" heart to come before the almighty God of heaven. Lord "come down"!

2007/9/25 22:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy