SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sloppy Evangelism...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
How much good fruit does one have to bear in order to weight out the bad fruit of giving false assurance and preaching a false gospel, innoculating the hearers to the true Gospel and strengthening them in their damnation?

That is very good and interesting question Jim and certainly something we should think about.

Patrick
www.revivalarmy.com

2007/9/24 14:21Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
How much good fruit does one have to bear in order to weight out the bad fruit of giving false assurance and preaching a false gospel, innoculating the hearers to the true Gospel and strengthening them in their damnation?

Jim, you hit on a big concern of mine. But then, really, why should we expect any institution to stay true to God? The Spirit may birth a mission, and then followers eventually run it without the Spirit New people come along, they bring their values. Godliness doesn’t extend to much past the founders – maybe a generation or two. and then……….. well, it’s Israel’s history all over. But then, God doesn’t save institutions, just individuals.

My only conclusion is that God sees all this bad stuff, and he’s not finished yet with these institutions. Maybe a leaky umbrella is better than none. I keep on discovering that God defies all our logic. He amazingly births his own precious souls – even in these spiritual deserts. I’ve seen it over and over again, and then I have to shut my mouth.

I remember as a missionary being seriously disturbed about some things, and then being silenced over how God was using our work – as flawed as it was to save souls. These people would then write glowing letters of God’s goodness and their delight in their new found faith. And I’d be saying to myself,. ‘But… but……… but……’

Meantime, those who don’t want God can always find a close substitute: and our toppling institutions provide just what is wanted. Has it ever been any different?

Maybe we need to keep more focused on what GOD is doing in the dark than on what the devil is doing.
After all our calling is to help build God's household. How can we put our efforts into his children when we are always looking out the window at the stuff "out there".

Diane

2007/9/27 8:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy