SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Brethren, I would like to confess before you that I have sinned

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
HopePurifies

Georgia, USA

Brethren, I would like to confess before you that I have sinned

Hello brethren of SI,

I allowed a sinful attitude to overtake me, an attitude that is visible in a few posts I've made on this forum. I would like to apologize publicly because of the public nature of my sin and the possible harm done to members here. Praise God that He is patient and gracious, and chastises those He loves.
I have also spoke to men in ways not fitting for a woman, and thus have caused men to speak to me in ways not fitting for a man to speak in a woman. I take responsibility for my provocation.
Often, I have proudly spoken as though an expert on subjects that I am barely acquainted with. I have pretended myself an elder when I've barely began my walk with Christ. It is wrong to teach when we should learn.
Thank you so much for allowing me to confess my sin to you. I've recognized it for so long, but been very stubborn and stupid about it. Posting this is very embarrassing :-?.
I will be taking time away from posting on the forum while I allow time for God to show me how He wants me to post.
May the grace of God be on you all. Be pure church of SI!

2007/9/23 2:57Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re: Brethren, I would like to confess before you that I have sinned

Your confession is an encouragement to me sister, Not that i know what threads you speak about but your honesty and the fact that myself also sometimes has not been glorifying the name of Jesus in every single thread, post, and word i have written here on this forum.

It is also an enormous encouragement to me to see men and women pressing on towards perfection, admitting their sins and faults and go on with Christ.

Christian

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=19700&forum=13&3]Recomended thread to ALL posters.....[/url]

2007/9/23 4:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
Posting this is very embarrassing

Perhaps, but what is more beautiful than forthcoming and honesty, ... It is a strange paradox and one that I just do not understand amongst oursleves, that for so much railing about every evil under the sun and the lofitest of these, pride ... That that very element would keep us from some humility and embarassment when the results are so bountiful in repairing and restoration.

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, [i]that ye may be healed[/i]. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

The ISV put's it;

Jas 5:16 Therefore, make it your habit to confess your sins to one another and to pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

[i]Make it your habit ... that you may be healed[/i]

[i]Pray for one another ....[/i]

My heartfelt prayers sister.

P.S. It is a wonder that a thread of similar orgins seems to gather such little traction;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=19484&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Pre-October Confessions[/url]

2007/9/23 9:36Profile
BrokenOne

Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Sister, this confession is so very precious. I have come to truly appreciate those here on this forum who are able to get past the fear of what others may think and “be real”. There is much expression of our knowledge on SI, but regrettably little revealing of the reality of who we are and the dealings of God in our lives. It is embarrassing and fearful. But it is so very precious. These Scriptures comes to mind sister:

The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:18

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart-- These, O God, You will not despise. Psalm 51:17

Danielle

2007/9/23 9:59Profile
psalm1

hope, we all could use a dose of repentance and humility.I know i need more than others.Your attitude and humility is so so so refreshing. If ALL THE LAW AND ALL THE PROPHETS "HANG" ON LOVE, then the love you just displayed puts you in pretty good company!
I think I want to be like you when I grow up!
...........David

2007/9/23 10:45Profile

Quote:
Often, I have proudly spoken as though an expert on subjects that I am barely acquainted with

Dear lord we all have often fallen prey to this nasty way of thinking that we are experts. But I am very grateful for the LORD's dealing in your life that you have recognized it for what it is and have confessed to your online family.

For me, the test is when I read a thread and I jump in without first thinking, "There are "little ones" reading this, will it benefit them for what I am going to write or is it going to cause them to stumble?"

I have written long postings in the drafting stage only to click the X in the browser window. I thought, "I spent over an hour on this and it was all me me me me wanting to be right."

So I hear what your saying and be at peace.

God Bless 8-)

2007/9/23 11:59

Thank you, sister, for your honesty and humility in posting this.

May the blessing of the Lord Jesus be with you and take you deeper into His great love for you.

[i]
And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;
10 That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;
11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God." Phil. 1:9-11
[/i]

Your sister,
Joy

2007/9/23 21:58

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy