SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Im freaking out

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
poet

Longview WA

Im freaking out

I need some answers, advice, and direction.
heres the deal, I go to an Assembly of God church..
I just left one 5 months ago because of problems there and some teachings that started giving me red flags.
#1, they starting saying you can get another persons anointing by laying on of hands.
"I feel we get our own anointing from God, after were mature and he gives it to us directly"
#2, come up and God will give you a new name, discribing your new charector.
our prayer team will tell you your new name God is giving you.
#3, If you have a word of knowledge for someone here and it is negative in any way dont give it.
just pray and if it is still negative then it isnt God, because God doesnt give negative words.
he doesnt work that way.

Now im at another AG church, the pastor and other people are starting to quote C Peter Wagner, the guy who coined the term Third Wave. He and others teach a new Apostolic reformation.
Is this stuff for real? and I just finished bible college and some of their ways of interperting scripture just kills me.
Now if I say anything im the one who is devisive, or maby they will label me a Pharisee or a religeous spirit.
I already lost all my friends from the last church and I feel Im going to loose all my friends at this new church.
They seem so wonderful, especially some of the precious Old Ladies at prayer meeting. "sorry old ladies" but your precious when you pray.
I think there is a deception slipping into the church and we are truly in the last days. not for a great revival but an apostacy.
This is probably going to be a big can of worms but maby somewhere outthere the truth can be found.
I know all here on this site have alot of different theological beliefs, but we all do love Jesus and would never intentionally be deceived or to deceive.
I dont want to cause problems at my church but I also dont want my family drinking cool-aid either.
God bless.

2007/9/23 0:47Profile

Re: Im freaking out

Hey Poet,

Quote:
#1, they starting saying you can get another persons anointing by laying on of hands.
"I feel we get our own anointing from God, after were mature and he gives it to us directly"

A man can baptise another in water, but only God the Holy Ghost can baptise with Holy Fire.

A man may lay on hands, but only God can bestow the Holy Ghost's presence.

A man may eat crackers and grape juice, but His Body and His Blood are given only to those who "hunger and thirst after righteousness".

One group of believers may wash one anothers' feet, but it takes inward conviction by the workings of the Holy Ghost to make a man become a genuine servent of his fellow brethren.

There is such a thing as eating and drinking communion to one's own damnation.

Quote:
#2, come up and God will give you a new name, discribing your new charector.
our prayer team will tell you your new name God is giving you.

Jesus said "To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, [i]which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it[/i]" (REV 2:17).

Since only Jesus and the man recieving the name know it (ie, not even your wife or children will know that name), it is impossible for the folks in that prayer group to know it. They are flat out lying.

Quote:
#3, If you have a word of knowledge for someone here and it is negative in any way dont give it.
just pray and if it is still negative then it isnt God, because God doesnt give negative words.
he doesnt work that way.

I imagine they'd be real upset with the following words of the Lord:

"Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light." (AMOS 5:18)

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in." (MATT 23:13)

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." (MATT 23:15)

"Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets." (LUKE 6:26)

"And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers." (LUKE 11:46)

"Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." (REV 12:12)

Quote:
Now if I say anything im the one who is devisive, or maby they will label me a Pharisee or a religeous spirit.

Be divisive. You won't enter the kingdom by bowing to modern-day pharisees. Nor will you enter it by hiding behind the crowds or trying to fit in.

Don't be afraid of the giants that seem to abide in the current Holy Land. Don't be afraid to push through the throngs of people to touch the hem of Jesus' cloak. Don't be afraid to leave the fearful mariners - step out of the boat and walk the waters alone with Jesus...

As A.W. Tozer said, "When the Lord calls a man, He calls him to come and die..."

You have to be courageous, fearless, vigilent... and [i]violent[/i] if you want to enter into the Kingdom.

Don't fear men. Fear God.

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." (MATT 10:34-35)

"Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and [i]the violent take it by force.[/i]" (MATT 11:11-12)

"And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do." (LUKE 12:4)

Quote:
I already lost all my friends from the last church and I feel Im going to loose all my friends at this new church.

It may seem harsh, but this is a good sign. You don't need friends. You need God.

He's going to take more from you than just your friends. He may take your money, your car, your house, your family... for sure, one day He's going to take your life, too. This is all to teach you to learn to rely on Him, and Him alone.

You came in the world naked and screaming. You're going to leave it naked (and hopefully not screaming).

Quote:
This is probably going to be a big can of worms but maby somewhere outthere the truth can be found.
I know all here on this site have alot of different theological beliefs, but we all do love Jesus and would never intentionally be deceived or to deceive.
I dont want to cause problems at my church but I also dont want my family drinking cool-aid either.

I suggest taking some time alone, reading and meditating on scripture.

"Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh [and] intermeddleth with all wisdom." (PRO 8:1)

But beware, when you try to seperate from them for a while to get your bearings, they will probably accuse you by saying:

"And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." (HEB 10:24-25)

To this you can legally and spiritually respond:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (MATT 6:33)

If you follow God, and not religion, all things will be added to you.

Quote:
I think there is a deception slipping into the church and we are truly in the last days. not for a great revival but an apostacy.

The "churches" are not The Church. They are apostate. You aren't.

You aren't going crazy, either.

As a matter of fact, your post was one of the sanest things I've read on here in a while.

God Bless and keep you and your family in his overabundant Grace,

-Corey

2007/9/23 3:14
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

hi Poet, Jesus is still in you, and is still your teacher, trust him and he will guide you into all truth. 1 John 2:20-27
#1; Except in the old testament, where the anointing was given by oil being poured on the head, by the prophets, the only post Pentecost examples that I can think of are in 2 Tim;ch 1:6 . acts ch 8:17. Timothy was for the receiving of a gift of the Spirit, Acts was about the baptism of the Spirit.
You are right the anointing comes from God whether, through the hands of men or directly by the Spirit.
#2 Sounds like bad teaching, we have the character of God , the fruit of the Spirit. Gal:ch:5:22 love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
#3 1 John Ch 4:1-8 John said to test the spirits that brings words to the meeting, because their are false prophets. If negative words {I mean word of correction} do not ever come from God, we would have to disregard a lot of the bible.Example Rev ch 2 ch 3
I hope I didn't make matters worse, these are just verses that came to me as I read your post.

You have friends all over the world that you just haven't met yet, brothers and sisters in Christ who love you because of Him.

2007/9/23 3:37Profile
Logic

Quote:
poet wrote:
I need some answers, advice, and direction.

My Pastor wrot several books obout false teaching that are comming into the church, here is one of them: [url=http://www.believersingrace.com/images/WFW1.PDF]WEIGHED and found WANTING[/url]
Another good one is "Beware the New Prophets" however, I couldn't fint that one on PDF.

2007/9/23 10:27Profile

Hi poet,

Quite a few of us recognise your plight. This doesn't make it easier and there may be much you will never know of the behind the scenes working of the church you currently attend, so you are more dependent on the Lord for your guidance. Amen.

There are steps you could take, though, to ascertain for yourself the general integrity of the brethren with whom you are trying to fellowship these days. One question might be: where are these ideas coming from? Did they originate in a book someone can quote you, or have they been concocted locally by the carnal minds of power-hungry people who've made conscious choices [i]not[/i] to wait for the word of God to their understanding.

Also, I think men are quite susceptible to just a tiny bit of peer pressure. It takes quite a man (of God, perhaps, or just someone who's been through a few big mistakes in his own life), to step back and try to gain a godly perspective. This, of course, is what private devotions and time with God are supposed to bring to the true Church... something from God rather than man.

I would be interested to know something about how the church's money is being handled. That can be quite revealing. Also, how those in control spend their recreational time... whether dug into a few more hours with scripture either alone or together, or meeting somewhere secular for worldly fun in the name of some other mistaken idea about church leadership.

The other obvious areas of concern have been listed comprehensively by Paul across the New Testament, with sexual immorality first most times. If these are out of order, then the idolatry which is represented is bound to be in conflict with worshipping God Himself and only.

It is quite a culture shock to wonder if people with whom you've worshipped in all personal sincerity on your part, who also seem to be sincere on theirs, are somehow drifting off in another direction from biblical Christianity.

If they are, this may be the time you begin to consider a more radical arrangement for your family's 'church' 'attendance', as some others here have had to do.

I believe that those who take the plunge out of organised church (where organised church has ceased to demonstrate Christ) may be the ones whom God will use to provide a haven for others coming out, as they realise God cannot bless the organisation to which they had affiliated themselves.

Corey said

Quote:
The "churches" are not The Church. They are apostate. You aren't.

You aren't going crazy, either.

As a matter of fact, your post was one of the sanest things I've read on here in a while.

Amen to [i]all[/i] that.

You see, it seems clear that at least some of us have found each other because God desired it to be so, and although there's no way we are 'local' [i]church[/i], we are being knitted together in love and in every place connecting both with people in our local spheres of influence [u]and[/u] the rest of the world, for God. Only God knows what He is making out of this peculiar order, and I'm happy to not have the whole picture, while at the same time striving to obey the leadership He gives me here (meaning in 3D - which of course writing online, is, for all of us, as much as other activities).

2007/9/23 14:13
psalm1

poet, I would have you consider the following before you reach your conclusion on these 3 points.
Smith wigglesworth did pass his mantle on to Lester Sommerall . It was through the laying on of hands. It is documented.
The word of God speaks of the laying on of hands. This is impartation.
It is NOT the "slam dunk" error that so many here are willing to pounce on.
Read 2 tim 1;6 and you will see what i am talking about.
So yes you may receive anothers annointing by the laying on of hands.
You may also receive healing, The Holy Spirit,or restoration by the laying on of hands.
I believe the "new name" thing is found in rev. but I have only seen one instance of this in my 30 years of following the Lord.
the principle of not giving negative words to people has a purpose.I am sure if you were a pastor and you wanted your church to flow in the gifts you would see right away someone would speak some negative destructive word or words over someone else and wreck that persons life.
It is actually a guideline and not a doctrine.
Prophets need a atmosphere to learn.So they are not allowed to tell people to quit their jobs or leave a spouse etc.
Hope this helps!
......David

2007/9/23 19:46Profile
poet

Longview WA

There is some good advice there guys.
Thanks.
I'll pray and seek the Lord and Im going to focus of studying my bible and prayer.

Thanks for being out there. "people who care and Love the Lord"
God bless.
Yours in Christ
Poet :-)

2007/9/23 21:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy