SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Concerning the Sabbath?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

Concerning the Sabbath?

Has anyone considered the element of circumcision when contemplating the keeping of any of the "Holy" days, whether the Sabbath or any of the Feast days. No one was ever allowed to participate in any feast without first being circumcised according to the requirement of the Law. Those who are well read in the area of Levitical Law can easily attest to this. With this in mind, what are we to do with the clear New Testament teaching that the Gentiles are not to be required to be circumcised. This is never questioned because it is clear beyond doubt. We must consider the implication of the end of physical circumcision, and the prohibition of any Jewish believers to requiring it of any Gentile converts. I would be interested to know if someone else has considered this and what thoughts they might have to add.

2007/9/20 12:26Profile
Onesimus4God

Cyber Space

Re: Concerning the Sabbath?

The 7th day Sabbath, as I understand it is different that all other sabbaths, holy days, feast days and so on. It was a commandment before Moses got the holy mountain and recieved the 10 commandments, of which this 7th day rest is part.
Trying to tie this into circumcision is a mistake, because the issue of circumcison is well documented in the New Testament and is clearly no longer in place.
There are those, as in Paul's day, who were trying to mandate it for believers. Look at Acts 15. The issue was settled there, yet in the very next chapter, we find Paul circumcising Timothy. Why? To appease the believing jews.
So it should not rock your boat that this debate continues today. As for me and my house, we will go with the New Testament teaching, circumcision not required for salvation or sanctification.
If you choose to circumcise your child for personal or health reasons, so be it and God bless you. But don't let anyone put a guilt trip on you if you don't. It does not matter any more. It's the circumcision of the heart that matters now to God. This takes place when one places his eternal hope in Jesus Christ.

In Him,

"O"

2007/9/20 19:22Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:

Onesimus4God wrote:
The 7th day Sabbath, as I understand it is different that all other sabbaths, holy days, feast days and so on. It was a commandment before Moses got the holy mountain and recieved the 10 commandments, of which this 7th day rest is part.
Trying to tie this into circumcision is a mistake, because the issue of circumcison is well documented in the New Testament and is clearly no longer in place.
There are those, as in Paul's day, who were trying to mandate it for believers. Look at Acts 15. The issue was settled there, yet in the very next chapter, we find Paul circumcising Timothy. Why? To appease the believing jews.
So it should not rock your boat that this debate continues today. As for me and my house, we will go with the New Testament teaching, circumcision not required for salvation or sanctification.
If you choose to circumcise your child for personal or health reasons, so be it and God bless you. But don't let anyone put a guilt trip on you if you don't. It does not matter any more. It's the circumcision of the heart that matters now to God. This takes place when one places his eternal hope in Jesus Christ.

In Him,

"O"

Well spoken.

2007/9/20 19:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy