SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Why Not??

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
micutuv

Why Not??

Quote:
I once read an article by Paul Washer (I wish I could remember the name) where he mentioned that he believes the gifts of the Spirit are operating today.

I have heard that Paul Washer was a missionary in Romania, and that he had worked with some churches there....I am the son of a Godly Pentecostal Pastor, and I know that the only church that would accept Paul Washer's teachings in Romania, would be the Pentecostal church because most of the other churches are almost as liberal as the majrity of the churches here in the US....

However, if Paul Washer does believe that "the gift of tongues is operating today," what would be wrong with that...

What does Jesus say????

Mark 16:17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues;

2007/9/18 1:47Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re: Why Not??

Giftings are in use today, all of them. Use them as weapons of war and go to battle.

The Lord is great!

2007/9/18 2:12Profile

Re: Why Not??

Quote:
However, if Paul Washer does believe that "the gift of tongues is operating today," what would be wrong with that...

Nothing!

This is a hot topic, it is being discussed all over SI! It would be great to find the article about tongues from Paul Washer. I understand from others, being a missionary you see a lot more of the supernatural. If that is true, I would be hard for me to believe in it. Just because of what I experienced in my early walk in a charismatic church, I have some deep reservations now. However, I would venture to bet that what we see here in the states, especially on "T.V.", it probably isn't the same as what Paul Washer and others may belief the gifts operate.

in him
reformer

2007/9/18 20:41

Re:

Quote:

reformer wrote:
Quote:

Nothing!

This is a hot topic, it is being discussed all over SI! It would be great to find the article about tongues from Paul Washer. I understand from others, being a missionary you see a lot more of the supernatural. If that is true, I would be hard for me to believe in it. Just because of what I experienced in my early walk in a charismatic church, I have some deep reservations now. However, I would venture to bet that what we see here in the states, especially on "T.V.", it probably isn't the same as what Paul Washer and others may belief the gifts operate.

in him
reformer

Hi again, Reformer. I can sympathise with your comment that, "Just because of what I experienced in my early walk in a charismatic church, I have some deep reservations now." I'm glad that seeing the counterfeit, or misuse of the genuine, hasn't put you off completely!

As you must be aware, discerning of spirits is a spiritual gift too! - Discerning the genuine from the counterfeit gifts is part of this.

in Him

Jeannette

2007/9/19 6:37

Re:

Quote:
Hi again, Reformer. I can sympathise with your comment that, "Just because of what I experienced in my early walk in a charismatic church, I have some deep reservations now." I'm glad that seeing the counterfeit, or misuse of the genuine, hasn't put you off completely!

Thanks for that. I can be so dogmatic sometimes only because of the deception I was on. In the back of my mind I often battle if it is real, maybe in differently circles of Christianity. I fear sometimes my proud heart may get in the way sometimes. but, I am in know way excusing what "others" do on T.V. and certain "tent revivals" where people get healed. I can't imagine that is from God and thats what truly depicts in scripture.

I hope and pray that my heart doesn't get to harden to hinder the spirit of God. I know I have been out spoken on SI in this matter, but it is within the context of what is all over TV and across America, there is a big difference. If God wants to give me the real deal, I'll take it with much fear and humility!

Bless you for your kind words and heart
Mike

2007/9/19 8:41
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

I would like to point out that there are many different giftings that are in use. To focus on "just tongues" and not the others is like saying that there is a tree that grows with no branches, leaves, roots or fruit. All are to be used.

Please please please do not equate what you see on TV as what is happening around in the States and around the world. In fact, getting rid of your TV is probably the best thing that one can do in the first place. Most of what you will wathcon TV, concerning Christian stuff, is from a seeker sensitive background anyways, or a very flesh driven focus. Most of the "healings" that I see on TV are nothing like the healings that I have seen or taken part in. TV sensationalizes the giftings and focus more on that persons ministry then God. (I do wnat to point out that I am not talking about ALL of what you see on TV concerning Christian stuff, just the vast majority of it).

The battle is real. The war is waging. Rouse the warriors to battle.

Miccah

2007/9/19 11:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy