SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Florida Alzheimer's Patients Lined Up for Implantable Microchip (XMark)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Florida Alzheimer's Patients Lined Up for Implantable Microchip (XMark)

Florida Alzheimer's Patients Lined Up for Implantable Microchip (XMark)

ABC News - Aug. 28, 2007

For families of the nearly 5 million Americans currently living with Alzheimer's disease, keeping their loved ones safe is a major concern.

In response to such concerns, a Florida-based company has developed an FDA-approved microchip that can be implanted in an Alzheimer's patient's arm, allowing critical medical details to be accessed instantly.

Up to 200 Alzheimer's patients living near Palm Beach, Fla., will be implanted with the VeriChip for free in the next week.

The chip, which is about the size of a grain of rice, contains a 16-digit identification number which is scanned at a hospital. Once the number is placed in a database, it can provide crucial medical information.

People are already lining up for the VeriChip, but it's already stirred up controversy.

Is Big Brother Watching?

David and Ida Frankel have been married an unbelievable 73 years. Seven years ago, Ida was diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

"She was being very forgetful, repeating questions over and over again," David said.

Ida was one of the first patients at an Alzheimer's center in Florida to be implanted with a VeriChip.

"When an Alzheimer's patient gets lost, once their arm is scanned, it would identify who they are and that they are an Alzheimer's patient," said Scott Silverman, the CEO of VeriChip.

Silverman stressed that the VeriChip is not a GPS device; it only provides code for a database.

Some privacy groups argue that the VeriChip, which uses the same technology as devices that track wayward pets, strips Alzheimer's patients of their dignity.

"I don't think that because it's useful in animals is a reason why we should do it in human beings," said Katherine Albrecht, the founder of AntiChip.com. "There is a distinction between an animal and a human being."

[url=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/OnCall/story?id=3536539]Original Link - ABC News[/url]

[url=http://www.xmark.com/]XMark Corp's Homepage (Formerly Digital Angel [and before that, Destron Fearing])[/url]

[url=http://antichips.com/]Link to AntiChip.com, an anti-rfid, anti-mark activist website[/url]

2007/9/17 1:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Florida Alzheimer's Patients Lined Up for Implantable Microchip (XMark)

Corey,

I perfectly understand your concern here. But I also understand the concern of the caregivers of Alzheimer victims.

This issue reminds me of people's responce when Social Security came on the scene: everyone was assigned a number. "Mark of the beast" they cried, or something similar if I recall what the old timers used to say.

Yet there is this dilemna: how can we keep track of these people who want to wander off? Is it a compromise to utilize modern technology to assist us?

Methinks this issue is too complex, that a simple answer is ellusive... But there is an excellent reason to be concerned about this technology.

Just my opinion.

ginnyrose

2007/9/18 11:00Profile

Re:

Ginnyrose,

I am a Canadian. We have a card similar to your SSN - we call ours the Social Insurance Number (SIN).

Would you please tell me if you can [i]get a job (or even legally work in the U.S.), start a business, open a bank account, buy property, get a passport, or even go to university[/i] without your SSN?

You can't buy or sell, work or get educated without a number on a card, can you?

The only part of this prophecy left to be fulfilled is for your number to be carved, tattooed, inserted, whatever, into your flesh.

One last thing:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

2007/9/19 2:13
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Corey,

The answer to your question is "NO". Except, I do not know about foreigners working here, but the citizens have to have a SSN.

Quote:
The only part of this prophecy left to be fulfilled is for your number to be carved, tattooed, inserted, whatever, into your flesh.

From my study, I have concluded this will be the defining act which will determine the identity of the beast. I also think the devil will use other harmless (?) means to get the people calloused to this idea so when the real one is introduced, people will rationalize it and go ahead with it. Like a lot of other things...

What are your ideas on this issue?

My thoughts...
ginnyrose

2007/9/23 23:27Profile

Re:

ginnyrose asked

Quote:
What are your ideas on this issue?

Ginny,

There have been several precursors to the mark in the past.

Animals have been branded for millennia to identify one man's property from another. Slave owners branded or tattoed the men and women they sold. Thus, the mark could be a symbol of ownership.

Criminals and prisoners have been branded or tattoed on their foreheads, and even had their noses chopped off (or similar mutilations) so that, so long as they lived, they would be identified as a criminal. Thus, the mark could be a declaration of a man's unrighteousness or guilt.

The vast majority of companies the world over boast various "symbols" and "brand names" with which they mark their goods to make them more easily identifiable. As example one, the mark could denote the wearer as the property of another.

The nazis took it one step further and tattoed the arms of their concentration camp victims with serial numbers. This helped them identify one prisoner from another. The mark could be a method of identification.

Which brings me to birth certificates, SSN and SIN numbers we were issued from WWII to present.

[i]The first SSNs were issued by the Social Security Administration in November 1936 as part of [b]the New Deal[/b] Social Security program. By the end of 1937, over 37 million numbers had been issued.[citation needed]

Before 1986, people often did not have a Social Security number until the age of about 14, since they were used for income tracking purposes, and those under that age seldom had substantial income. In 1986, American taxation law was altered so that individuals over 5 years old without Social Security numbers could not be successfully claimed as dependents on tax returns; by 1990 the threshold was lowered to 1 year old[3], and was later abolished altogether. Since then, parents have often applied for Social Security numbers for their children soon after birth; today, it can be done on the application for a birth certificate[4].

[b]Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to ever be used for identification purposes...[/b]

The original purpose of this number was to track individuals' accounts within the Social Security program. It has since come to be used as a unique identifier for individuals within the United States, although rare errors occur where duplicates do exist. [b]Employee records, patient records, student records, and credit records are sometimes indexed by Social Security number.[/b] The U.S. military has used the Social Security number as an identification number for the Army and Air Force since July 1, 1969, the Navy and Marine Corps since January 1, 1972, and the Coast Guard since October 1, 1974. [5]

Contrary to popular belief, there is no law requiring a U.S. citizen to apply for a Social Security number to live or work in the United States; however, it is required for parents to claim their children as tax dependents[6]. [b]Although some people do not have an SSN assigned to them, it is becoming ever increasingly difficult to engage in legitimate financial activities without one...[/b] (wikipedia)[/i]

Therefore, the mark could also be a permanant device or number that serves the same purpose as your SSN... with the added bonus that one can't forget it at home (being burned, etched, or implanted into one's accused flesh, and all).

Just imagine: all your medical and financial records, familial relations, religious affiliations, employment information, legal history, race, colour, hair, and eye, face, and DNA biometrics... all conveiniently accessible to anyone with the hardware to read your "number".

Imagine if all of Europe had these SSN cards (let alone implantible microchips) when Hitler ruled Germany! Just imagine it!

But, of course, this could never happen in America...

The Bible is replete with examples of men and women who fell from grace and lost their lives because [b]they surrendered their dominion over their own minds, bodies, and souls to another[/b].

Eve abdicated to Satan. Adam abdicated to Eve. Samson abdicated to Delilah. David abdicated to lust (via Bathsheba)... as did Solomon. Herod abdicated to Herodias' daughter. Judas abdicated to mammon.

Eve wanted to know. Adam wanted to make Eve happy. Samson wanted to get some nooky... as did David... as did Solomon... as did Herod. Judas wanted money.

These are all the examples I can drum up right now as I'm super tired. But my main point is that we in the West have abdicated our freedoms for security and creature comforts. We've all been assigned a number. We can't buy nor sell without it.

Did you know that a cobra can easily stand up and slither out of the baskets of the snake charmer? Or that it can jump four feet in the air? But then why does this deadly, venomous, wild animal stay within the confines of its foot tall basket?

Because it's well fed and comfortable.

Just like all the Israelites were comfortable as slaves in Egypt. Remember, they whined in the wilderness about how much they missed onions and garlic, T-bone steaks and chianti wines, Oprah Winfrey and Wheel of Fortune, Disney World and carribbean vacations, sports cars and SUVs, cell phones and IPods, hot water and flushing toilets and electricity enough to keep your fridge cold and your oven warm... and don't spare the oil...

All these comforts and more can be yours... so long as you have a number.

But beware when the Piper comes a callin'.

[b]"While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage."[/b] (II PET 2:19)

Please consider the following scriptures concerning the liberated children of God:

"[b]I[/b]] am the LORD thy God, which [b]have brought thee[/b] out of the land of Egypt, [b]out of the house of bondage.[/b] Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (EXO 20:2-5)

"Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to [b]let the oppressed go free[/b], and that ye [b]break every yoke[/b]? " (ISA 58:6)

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because [b]the LORD hath anointed me[/b] to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, [b]to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;[/b]" (ISA 61:1)

"Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, [b]If ye continue in my word[/b], then are ye my disciples indeed; And [b]ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free[/b]. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, [b]Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.[/b] And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. [b]If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.[/b]"

"But as then [b]he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit[/b], even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, [b]we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.[/b]" (GAL 4:29-31)

[i][b]"Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."[/b][/i] (GAL 5:1)

"Because [b]the creature[/b] itself also [b]shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.[/b]" (ROM 8:21)

Now consider the following scriptures on bondage:

"[b]Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image[/b], or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: [b]Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them[/b]: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;" (EXO 20:4-5)

"For ye suffer, if a man bring you into bondage, if a man devour you, if a man take of you, if a man exalt himself, if a man smite you on the face..." (II COR 11:20)

edit: one more thing. This process is ingenious, slow, and methodical. It took war, economic calamity, and ensuing financial depression to persuade people to accept a number as identification instead of their personal name. The last three generations (at best) aren't aware of the change because it's happened so very slowly (like the frog in the pot), because their parents took a number, and everyone else did, too. They don't know anything different and probably can't envision a time before the number - and would probably be terrified at the prospect of how society got by without it for the previous several millennia.

My bet is that it will take an economic calmity or political and military upheaval on a grand scale to persuade people to take a number on or inside them... for the safety and welfare of the individual and the community, of course...

2007/9/24 3:50
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Point well taken...

Quote:
My bet is that it will take an economic calmity or political and military upheaval on a grand scale to persuade people to take a number on or inside them... for the safety and welfare of the individual and the community, of course...

So in the absense of this how do you think one should, or could live, in the Western world?

ginnyrose

2007/9/25 22:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
So in the absense of this how do you think one should, or could live, in the Western world?

Cautiously, with great trepidation.

Like the Amish, who refuse to take such numbers and, more recently, have refused to comply with state Governments that enforce manditory microchipping of livestock (all farm animals in certain U.S. states must be implanted with a microchip)...

The Amish, discern this as the abominable "Mark of the Beast" and have sold all their livestock in the states that enforce this draconian law to put barcodes in animals.

But those who would enslave the world and put a barcode on every item, and now every animal, won't stop with with products and animals.

In Spain and Italy, certain nightclubs have been implanting VIP customers to get them through the lines faster and allow access to VIP rooms...

In Mexico, certain officers and politicians involved in National Defence are implanted with microchips to allow them access to special rooms...

In the United States, Security firms now implant their workers with microchips to access video-feed rooms and other high-security areas... just a wave of one's accursed right hand opens the door...

Also in the U.S., civilians have their hands implanted with microchips to open the door to their house, turn on the lights, turn on the computer, etc...

After Hurricane Katrina, Verichip implanted the bodies of the dead with microchips...

And now, in Florida, patients with Alzheimer's are being chipped...

There's an old Scottish proverb that states, "A man warned is half armed."

Get used to saying, "No!" Spend a day or two or a week fasting in prayer. Read the Bible. Read Foxe's Maryrs. Read Richard Wurmbrand. Prepare to become a minimalist. Get ready to run. Get ready to fight. Prepare to suffer. Prepare to die. Prepare for the Lord's Coming, His Judgment of the Earth, and meditate upon your own words and doings, right and wrong, and how you will answer for them as you stand before His throne (I desperately need to take my own medicine on this one).

There's not a place we can hide from what's coming - no remote island, no moonbase, not even under the mountains (though some will try).

In answer to your question, live like you'll stand before His Thone tomorrow, like you'll be dragged through the streets, humiliated, and whipped, and like you'll die the most horrific death for His name's sake next week.

Prepare for persecution from within and without the churches.

"Watch."

2007/9/26 1:03
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

I have for a long time been troubled by the possibility of having to survive in a world totally hostile to Faith in Jesus Christ.

Now just supposing you could not buy OR sell, how would you live? If you were to head for the hills and hide out, how could we even survive for long? We may be able to plant and harvest food, and preserve it for use out of the growing season. But what about clothing? I can sew, but I need fabric, thread and needles. We do not know how to spin cotton or wool. The bottom line is that we in modern America are the most ignorant generation in recent history so far as survival skills are concerned. We don't know squat about how to live without electricity, how to make tools using materials found in nature, nothing more. And the Amish would be in a similar situation. Although they are closer to nature then most moderns, they are still dependant on metal, fuel, glass, etc. made by others.

No doubt we will be tested. I am reminded how the LORD impressed on me on how to deal with the news of our DDs impending death. He impressed me with the idea to live life to the full each day; make life happen and then if or when He calls her, He will be there to help me. I did as bidden and that is the way it happened. PTL And I suspect the trial of our faith will be much harder, much harder..make losing a loved one look easy. Would you know I am now glad she is with the LORD and will not have to endure all this dreadful mess we anticipate?

Yes, the dying will be the easy part. It is the living you will have to do before that happens that will be difficult.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2007/9/27 0:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
I have for a long time been troubled by the possibility of having to survive in a world totally hostile to Faith in Jesus Christ.

No offence, but I think the whole world, (including the Western world and even the splintered sects of organized religion purporting to serve the Lord) is already hostile to faith in Him.

The athiests and humanists voice their hatred of Him openly. Ironically, the Church is flourishing in nations where true belivers (who don't subscribe to state-sanctioned versions of Christianity) are openly persecuted and killed, like China.

The so-called "religious" evidence their hatred of Him via error and hypocrisy. I needn't give any examples since North America is already teeming with these vermin of every sect and denomination.

Quote:
Now just supposing you could not buy OR sell, how would you live? If you were to head for the hills and hide out, how could we even survive for long? We may be able to plant and harvest food, and preserve it for use out of the growing season. But what about clothing? I can sew, but I need fabric, thread and needles. We do not know how to spin cotton or wool. The bottom line is that we in modern America are the most ignorant generation in recent history so far as survival skills are concerned. We don't know squat about how to live without electricity, how to make tools using materials found in nature, nothing more. And the Amish would be in a similar situation. Although they are closer to nature then most moderns, they are still dependant on metal, fuel, glass, etc. made by others.

Hehe. You're right about our generation being ignorant - I prefer the terms "domesticated" and "fattened up"... like cattle ready to be slaughtered (a better image of our sad state may be obtained by observing a line of customers zig-zagging through the barrier maze at your local bank - like cattle in the slaughterhouse).

Like I said before, "A man warned is half-armed". If you think you have reason to prepare, by all means prepare.

But I believe the Lord has surrounded us with enemies, seen and unseen, on the left and the right, so that we may more fully rely on Him, and Him alone, for deliverance.

He sent the ravens to feed Elijah. He fed the Israelites heavenly manna in the wilderness. He fed the multitude with seven loaves and a few fishes.

He can feed us, clothe us, and shelter us, too, if evil times come in our generation:

"And had rained down manna upon them to eat, and had given them of the corn of heaven. Man did eat angels' food: he sent them meat to the full." (PRO 78:24-25)

"So he (Elijah) went and did according unto the word of the LORD: for he went and dwelt by the brook Cherith, that is before Jordan. And the ravens brought him bread and flesh in the morning, and bread and flesh in the evening; and he drank of the brook." (I KIN 17:5-6)

He can lead us through these troubled times, and the tribulations ahead (even if we don't see nor know the way):

"And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them." (ISA 42:16)

And though we are surrounded by enemies seen and unseen, we are also loved and supported by such an host of glorious angels and victorious saints, living and dead. Both enemies and friends, seen and unseen, are witnesses:

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us..." (HEB 12:1)

Lastly, we need to be frank and honest about our situation. It's dire. We are surrounded on all sides. Thus, there is no where to look but up. There is no deliverer but God.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. [i]Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. [b]Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:[/b][/i] thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and [i]I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.[/i]" (PSALM 23)

2007/9/27 5:02

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy