SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What Study Bible?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
born2die1

What Study Bible?

We are studying the different versions of the Bible versus the KJV and quite frankly none com pare, for example read Acts 8: 30 - 39 in your KJV, then read it in your NIV or most any other version and you will find that verse 37 is completely eliminated from most translations, and this is a very important verse concerning the Lord Jesus Christ, KJV 37And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Also there are many times that the name of God is replaced with he in the NT of your favorite translation such as the living bible. I'll stick with the original which is the KJV thank you! :-) Check it out for yourself[i][b][size=large][color=0033FF][font=Courier]John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i][i][b][size=large][color=0033CC][font=Courier]2[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i]

2007/9/16 23:50Profile
HomeFree89

Indiana

Re: What Study Bible?

Quote:

born2die1 wrote:
Also there are many times that the name of God is replaced with he in the NT of your favorite translation such as the living bible. I'll stick with the original which is the KJV thank you! :-) Check it out for yourself[i][b][size=large][color=0033FF][font=Courier]John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i][i][b][size=large][color=0033CC][font=Courier]2[/font][/color][/size][/b][/i]

For one thing the Living Bible isn't really a translation. Plus, the KJV isn't the "original".

2007/9/17 15:17Profile
frazier72

Re: What Study Bible?

I just bought a Thompson-Chain NASB study bible and I have to say that it was well worth the money. I have only had it for a couple of days. birthday present, but I look forward to using it for a long time. My dad has had his for 30 years. You might look into it.

2007/9/17 19:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy