Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Keith Daniel

----
[i]eaglewings[/i] posted this in another forum and I just moved it to other speakers:
----

Every Branch in Me that Beareth Not Fruit might be more aptly titled: Abide in Christ with a “Quiet Time”.

Early on, Keith Daniel states frankly that he doesn’t understand what the Lord meant by saying. “Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away”(John 15:2).

He then proceeds to speak about “Every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit,” and shares something of his personal experience of the purging/suffering under the wise hand of the Husbandman.

Most of this message is concerned with the importance of a “quiet time” with the Lord at the beginning of each new day, without which it is impossible, he claims, for the believer truly to fruitfully Abide in Christ for the remainder of the day.

He makes a compelling (and in my estimation, irrefutable) case for his assertion, and refers to Luther’s, Wesley’s and Andrew Murray’s recognition of this essential need in the Christian life. Murray calls the daily “quiet time” the “morning watch”.

I’ve linked to Andrew Murray’s “The Morning Watch in the Life of Obedience” and Murray’s “Note on the Morning Watch”.

http://www.ccel.org/m/murray/obedience/IVThemorning.htm

http://www.ccel.org/m/murray/obedience/Noteonthemor.htm

2004/5/16 17:09Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Keith Daniel

Thank you Eagleswings for the Murray article links, I will be sure to read those.

I listened to this message from Keith Daniel on Friday and have been thinking about it ever since. I am careful to spend 'quiet time' first thing each morning and at the end of the day also but sometimes I let 'things' interrupt that time. I was convicted by this message that I need to be more jealous of my quiet time with Him. Nothing, no person, no activity even if for the Lord, can be allowed to take away from that time.

Mr. Daniel definitely has an anointed ministry, I've listened to four of his sermons now and each one clearly has this anointing. His message on marriage that Mike(crsschk) recommended was especially good.

In Christ,

Ron

2004/5/16 18:16Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Mr. Daniel definitely has an anointed ministry, I've listened to four of his sermons now and each one clearly has this anointing.

I have been tremendously blessed by this mans ministry already. He is one of God's hidden men that He is speaking to. God has his precious people that His is building and strengthening in the midst of a spiritual famine. It was truly God who let me to listen to his message through a recommendation of a sister. I will never be the same again after hearing keith daniels passion and jealouslyness of Gods glory. I am trying to get in touch with him and have sent an email already. I also have talked to a few people in the United States that have been freely giving away resources by this man and I am hoping to get these up fairly soon, including some VHS tapes :-D

2004/5/16 18:40Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Indeed, looking forward to even more messages from this beloved man of God. What a heart. I had forgotten about the message that is being featured (sheepish look goes here) have it downloaded and will be checking it out tommorow.

As it pertains to the excellent articles that Roger put up, all I can say is Amen. Was just reading again through E.M.Bounds Power Through Prayer the other day, I believe it was this, from the articles section here:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/text/article.php?id=621]Much Time Should Be Given to Prayer [/url]

and another related [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/text/article.php?id=623]Begin the Day with Prayer[/url]

The importance of this can't be stressed enough. I don't think I will ever be able to function with out this time set aside every morning, though it is somewhat imperfectly...

Yeah, that message on marriage Ron, it really opened my eyes and has me looking at everything in a completly different light. Praise God. Hope my wife notices :-) (Actually she listened to it as well)

2004/5/16 19:48Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re: Keith Daniel

Hello,

I'm new to this site and had to add a few words about Keith Daniel. I'm a married mother of 9 children. Darling Husband (bless his heart) sent me on a sort of last-minute spiritual retreat in Oct. to see Brother Keith in Colorado Springs, CO USA. The family hosting him graciously allowed me to stay with them and ride with Brother Keith to the meetings. I sat in the back soaking up every word of conversation.

To meet Keith Daniel and see his life for those 5 days, is one of the high points of my Christian experience. He is very caring and personal to every soul, not a single one left out. He fasted from Wed. evening to Sunday afternoon and labored over his messages while walking many hours on the bike path behind the house. The first words out of his mouth from the pulpit were the very ones God anointed for my particular situation. I'm talking about a direct, specific answer to the question that was uppermost in my heart, which I had not shared with anyone. I felt and saw the fire of God fall on that quaint little church at the base of Pike's Peak. The entire congregation went forward with much weeping and confession. I was absolutely riveted!

Keith's teachings, and Gerhard du Toit's, helped me understand that my medically-diagnosed 'depression' was actually a call from God to intercessory prayer many years ago. I was amazed to hear them describe godly people they knew in South Africa who had deep burdens of prayer -- they often roll around in agony under a blanket, groaning and crying for hours or days on end, not eating, not able to relate to people, not able to function normally, burdened to the breaking point and beyond, by the deep need the Lord had given them. I believe, by experience, the symptoms of depression are actually the Lord Himself, by His Holy Spirit, beseeching us to plumb the depths of His Heart for our loved ones, for the situations we feel helpless to change, for our churches, for our world. I have learned the power of this kind of prayer. My life will never be the same. May the Lord Jesus so burden many of us to pray through for revival in our lifetime.

PS: I am so delighted to have found this website and the huge array of sermons and videos!! My kids were teasing me about how long I would be on the computer tonight! They were right. :-)

2004/6/9 4:09Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I'm new to this site and had to add a few words about Keith Daniel. I'm a married mother of 9 children.

Welcome to SermonIndex dear sister in Christ! I am very excited you found the site, I have been blessed to find out about Keith Daniel's preaching 3 months ago. It has truly changed my perception of many things and I am blessed to know this man and his ministry God has called him to.

Quote:
Darling Husband (bless his heart) sent me on a sort of last-minute spiritual retreat in Oct. to see Brother Keith in Colorado Springs, CO USA. The family hosting him graciously allowed me to stay with them and ride with Brother Keith to the meetings. I sat in the back soaking up every word of conversation.

WOW what a priviledge. Thank you so much for sharing that testimony! 'Gerhard du Toit's' is another great men of God definetly! I am very glad you found this site and am looking forward to hearing more from you sister. Feel free to introduce yourself to the community here: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=13&627]Welcome & Intro[/url]

2004/6/9 9:01Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Welcome revival9!

Quote:
Keith's teachings, and Gerhard du Toit's, helped me understand that my medically-diagnosed 'depression' was actually a call from God to intercessory prayer many years ago

Quote:
I believe, by experience, the symptoms of depression are actually the Lord Himself, by His Holy Spirit, beseeching us to plumb the depths of His Heart for our loved ones, for the situations we feel helpless to change, for our churches, for our world

Wow, these are amazing discoveries. I believe this also to be true! Many people who are prone to depression have such a deep mentality, a possibility for a deep spirituality- if they only knew how to put it to good use. They are usually called to be the "Marys" sitting at Jesus' feet for long periods of time.

So glad you shared this.

Hidden in Him, chanin

2004/6/9 10:09Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Quote:
His message on marriage that Mike(crsschk) recommended was especially good.

Do you know the name of this sermon? Thanks!

Grace,
Doug :-D

2004/6/9 10:30Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Do you know the name of this sermon? Thanks!

[b][url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=3993]Don't Let Go Of Them! [/url][/b] by Keith Daniel - This sermon is over 1 hour and a half, but well worth the listen. Keith Daniel retells many powerful stories about Gods keeping power against the hateful sin of divorce amongst Christians. This is a must hear sermon for any Christian families, what a powerful amount of testimony to overcome the devil.

2004/6/9 10:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Quote:
His message on marriage that Mike(crsschk) recommended was especially good.

Hi Doug
Actually I think it's this one:

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=1853]Marriage[/url]

My recommendation? Listen to this man of God. As it stands there is 15 messages in total including the recent video, listen to them all.
He is one of a very select few that is still among us, preaching Gods word without compromise.

I thank God for this brother

2004/6/9 14:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy