SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What study bible ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

[url=http://library.dts.edu/Images/Sc/newberry.bible.1896.L.jpg]HERE[/url]
Is a picture from the 1896 printing i think, but it is two columns so this is not the same one as the penfold printing.

2007/9/26 3:36Profile
stingoftruth

streator illinois

Re: What study bible ?

hi y'all its my first post in this forum.. i'd like to throw in a recommendation for the kjv life in the spirit study bible, it was formerly known as the full life study bible, the notes were written by a missionary named donald stamps, this bible is an amazing study tool, it has tons of articles, lots of commentary notes, and from what i was told was designed with pastors, missionaries and lay people all in mind, this is a bibleyou can take in the mountains or jungles church or streets and it'll be helpful to you. whether you're going to plant a church or sit by the fire and study this is one of the best bibles on the market. my pastor has many bibles, thompson chain, life application, king james study bible by nelson, ryrie, and about 14 other study bibles and he told me once he found the full life study bible he found a bible that was exactly what he was looking for, i've owned and do own several now, i have given them most away just because they are nowhere near as good as the life in the spirit study bible. its published by zondervan and made cheaper than some, but the quality of the study aids is as good as it gets..

2007/9/26 4:11Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

welcome to the forum brother/sister? thank you fot your recommendation, It would be good if you introduced yourself officially here :-) and told us a little bit about yourself.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=13&3835]welcome and intro[/url]

Just ask if there are some things you need help with,

Christian

2007/9/26 4:28Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

I received my Newberry today, and I have just looked through it, and I realize it is a bible out of the ordinary... But there is so much! I can clearly see how one can draw much out of this bible the more one uses it and learns through the years.... Just get used to it will probably take some time, a good thing to print out or have a paper with all the different markings beside so one don't have turn page all the time, and I am now waiting for Ron's "Newberry Guide" :-P

Christian

2007/10/11 11:13Profile

Hello hmmhmm,

So glad you finally got your Newberry Bible friend. And yes it's not most Bible's, and it's for sure out of the ordinary as well as unique.

Quote:
I am now waiting for Ron's "Newberry Guide"

Ya, me to ??? :-? :-P

2007/10/11 11:20
MisterCheez

Colorado

Re:

I HIGHLY recommend the NKJV Thompson Chain Study Bible. Instead of commentators telling you what they think, the Bible actually creates topical chains you can follow throughout the Bible - so it speaks for itself.

For instance, if the context of the passage you are reading is about "love", there will be a little note off to the side listing a concordance number (there is a nice concordance in the back), and the reference to another verse on "love" further up in the Bible. You can follow a chain through the whole Bible this way and get a good overview of "love".

Additionally, I've never seen a Bible with as many nifty study helps in the back. There must be a few hundred pages of character studies, book outlines, concordance, archeological helps, prophecy fulfillment charts, miracles of Jesus charts, etc in the back.

I highly endorse the NKJV because it is more replete (for whatever reason) than Thompson Chains in other translations. In the concordance, the NKJV has more thorough listings of scripture references for any given topic than the other translations.

Anyway, it's a great Bible. If you buy it, be sure to study the little one page insert on how to use/understand the study system. I didn't at first and was missing out on many of the benefits.

Brian

2007/10/11 11:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy