SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Detroit continues to go to hell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Detroit continues to go to hell

This is a quote from the pastor of a mainline denomination in my area (from his web blog). See if you can find the prophetic symbolisms in his words. It would be quite funny if it weren't so sad.

Quote:
On Monday, I am to play golf with about 130 pastors from the Detroit area. It is an annual outing paid for by a large funeral home and a lot of fun. Two years ago I got a hole in one on a short (102 yards, I think) par three. The next year I missed the green entirely, casting doubt on how much skill vs. luck was involved the previous year.

2007/9/10 16:15

Re: Detroit continues to go to hell

Gee... and I thought this thread was going to be about the Detroit Lions.

Is it me, Jim, or are you putting yourself in the seat of judgement over this man? So what if he is a pastor AND enjoys golf? To paraphrase Jesus... "Whats that to you?"

I've often written about football and Civil War history (not here... I mean in other venues) So what?

Sometimes I even read a book or two about the Civil War, not for spiritual feeding, but because I enjoy it, and love learning. Dont even try to convince me all you do is sit in prayer all day and read the Bible 10 hours every day. I'm sure you have interests that are not necessarily "spiritual".

And if 130 pastors want to get together on the 18th hole for fellowship... I say good! Better than sitting around criticizing each other.

I guess I dont understand your point...

Krispy

2007/9/10 16:25

Krispy,

Quote:
Gee... and I thought this thread was going to be about the Detroit Lions.

Sarcasm

Quote:
Is it me, Jim, or are you putting yourself in the seat of judgement over this man? So what if he is a pastor AND enjoys golf? To paraphrase Jesus... "Whats that to you?"

More sarcasm and i really get annoyed when Christians say don't judge. I disagree with that. No i won't argue about it or debate it either. It would be just vain babbling on an on both of us and others quoting scripture and getting heated over it which is ridiculous.

Quote:
Dont even try to convince me all you do is sit in prayer all day and read the Bible 10 hours every day.

More sarsasm

Quote:
And if 130 pastors want to get together on the 18th hole for fellowship... I say good!

This is one reason why we don't see Revival.

Quote:
I guess I dont understand your point...

You would have to be in the Spirit to understand.

Don't misunderstand me Krispy, i do love you brother and have gleaned a lot from your writings but on this your wrong. Attitude, sarcasm and not being able to see with the spirit. It's sad. Again i say of your response. This is why we don't see Revival. I do love you brother Krispy and i don't write with hate or malice or to hurt or to offend you but out of love and concern i write, i just disagree with what all you've said.:-(

2007/9/10 18:15
awakenwithin

AZ

Re:

It would be a delight to see the 130 pastor praying and seeking Gods face. Wow beloved that would be a wonderful thing. America America get on your knees. Get rid of our games, let join the Lords army and fight in prayer and living holy lives. Let give our time to help others. Thinking of other more then ourselves. or maybe feeding the poor. Or reading the bible. Of course there is life, But I we are also at war. Our lives are so short why wasted on foolish things that wast away. Let us run this race with all we got. Our time is the big thing, our hearts in how we spend our time. How many of these pastor would meet to pray? for as much time they played? If they would be praying i don't think they would being playing.. Let pray even more for the pastor in our nation.. Men who are on there knees. Men who willing to give their lives for Christ.
In His love
charlene

2007/9/11 1:31Profile

Re:

Julian...

Actually, brother, my first line about the Lions was humor, not sarcasm.

As to the rest of my post, I'm not saying that these pastors shouldnt be on their faces praying for revival... I'm saying to Jim "how do you know they arent?" So what if they want to get together and play golf?

You see, more than likely Jim took this completely out of context. I coach football. What if I wrote on here about an experience our football team had... and he began to criticize me as only being concerned about football, and not caring a hoot for revival?

He would be completely out of context. Jim doesnt claim to know this pastor he's quoting, doesnt know anything about his ministry, etc etc... yet he picks out one paragraph where he writes about a golf tournament and procedes to pass judgement on this man's life and ministry.

If you dont see anything amiss about this, well... I'm sorry. I see this as the epitomy of a "holier than thou" attitude.

Krispy

2007/9/11 8:10
roadsign

Re:

Certainly there are some thoughts expressed that need to be carefully thought through. This CAN be an opoortunity for growth into Christ-like thinking.

I have just one plea: Could you change the thread title. To me it expresses gloom and doom - not where I wish to bring my unsaved friends.

Really this topic is about you trying to grapple with an experience. It is not a divine revelation given to you by God.

Title suggestions: "Just wondering.... " or "How should I view an experience?" etc...

Diane

2007/9/11 8:35Profile
LoveHim

Indiana, US

the only thing i thought when i read this is..

on his day off, the pastor wants to meet with other pastors and play golf. that's about it. monday is usually a pastors day off and if that is how he chose to spend that one day off, then that is his perrogative.

it would be nicer to hear that they were all gathering to break down divisions between themselves and their denominations with prayer and true fellowship in Christ, but i am not there and i do not know what's been going on with all of them..

just some thoughts.

2007/9/11 8:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
He would be completely out of context. Jim doesnt claim to know this pastor he's quoting, doesnt know anything about his ministry, etc etc... yet he picks out one paragraph where he writes about a golf tournament and procedes to pass judgement on this man's life and ministry.

Krispy - you know I love you brother, but I am calling you out publically on this one. First of all I do know the ministry. They are a Church of Christ that runs a bible college that my little sister just had to leave because they have fallen into apostasy and teach the emergent church nonsense over the cross of Christ, sin, rightousness and judgment.

Their college group also goes down to an area where I minister and preaches a false gospel (a way to make them feel they are achieving their social justice goal) to the addicts and homeless that I work with and strenghten them in their sin, causing great harm to the souls of men I love.

I have talked with some of their group, going through the scriptures (including the associate pastor).

Krispy, perhaps there is something in the things that I write that flame the fire around an area that the Lord wants to purge in you? Either that or I have to assume that you greatly dislike me, seeing the absurd (and mean) conclusions that you draw about me.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/11 8:43

Re:

Quote:
Krispy - you know I love you brother, but I am calling you out publically on this one. First of all I do know the ministry. They are a Church of Christ that runs a bible college that my little sister just had to leave because they have fallen into apostasy and teach the emergent church nonsense over the cross of Christ, sin, rightousness and judgment.

Nothing in your original post gave any indication that you knew anything about this minister. It was a quotation that you threw out there from someone's blog. How is anyone supposed to guess that you know this man?

I will concede that I could have asked you if you knew this man, but unfortunately because of the way you threw it out there, it never crossed my mind.

If you know this man, and if what you say is true about him, then fine. You should have given us some indication that you have knowledge of whats going on in this ministry.

Or was this a trap all along? ;-)

Quote:
Krispy, perhaps there is something in the things that I write that flame the fire around an area that the Lord wants to purge in you?

Self flattery will get you no where! :-P

Quote:
Either that or I have to assume that you greatly dislike me, seeing the absurd (and mean) conclusions that you draw about me.

No, in fact, I was in agreement with you on several topics last week. Or did you forget that already? If there are any issues I have with you I suppose it would be a very critical spirit I sense in your writings at times. Not every little thing is a blasphemey in the face of God. Not every thing any person does is worthy of strong rebuke.

If anyone on this forum has had the wrong (and mean) conclusions drawn about them... it would be me, brother. I've been called everything but a child of God on this forum.

Krispy

2007/9/11 9:09
hisremnant

North Central Indiana

Re:

Praise Jesus!!!!

2ti 3:4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, (lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,)

Somebody mentioned that monday is a pastors day off. Hirelings get mondays off. Those that are called of God are on duty 24/7!

Hisservant rich

Matthew 4:17

2007/9/11 9:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy