SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Sound Doctrine

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

Sound Doctrine

Hello my brethren and sisters,may Gods love and peace overflow in your heart.

In this blessed website a multitude of different people meet, we come from different denominations, different countries, different parts of the world. This is a very blessed place to learn from each other and grow and get a greater desire for more of Jesus. There will of course be different opinions and different doctrines and so on, And when discussed as a child of God should discuss its all good. But i wanted to recommend this sermon to everyone who wants to hear a good one :-)

the speaker is A.W Tozer, one of my favorites among many, but Tozer has something special that i like. Anyway in this sermon he speak s many things that are very important. May he that have ears hear.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=2546]Sound Doctrine In Life by A.W Tozer[/url]

This sermon is from an excellent series i listened through just recently and i strongly recommend you listen to it if you have the time to do so.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=6&min=200&orderby=titleA&show=20]A.W Tozers series on TITUS[/url] ( scroll down to the later half of the screen )

May God bless you and show you himself.

Christian

2007/9/7 14:13Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Sound Doctrine

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely give it a listen. I've been listening to quite a bit of Tozer lately, His series on the book of John is also outstanding.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/9/7 17:06Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Quote:

InTheLight wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation, I will definitely give it a listen. I've been listening to quite a bit of Tozer lately, His series on the book of John is also outstanding.

In Christ,

Ron

Yes, Ron. I have also listened through most of his series on Hebrews which also is great, although sound quality is somewhat poor, but i usually use a mp3 ipod player and it helps i think in the ones with poorer quality

i like this quote from Leonard Ravenhill concerning Tozer

[i]Dr. Tozer told me as a mature man in his sixties that there where times when he lay on the rug for an hour, two hours,
three hours, four hours and never uttered a word of prayer, and never uttered a word of praise. He said, "I'm lost in
adoration, I see Him in His glory, in His majesty, in His beauty. I can hear those holy beings crying, 'Holy, Holy, Holy is
the Lord.'" And he said, "I'm silent in adoration before Him. I had no language, it is beggered." And he had a vocabulary
as good as any man I know, and he had read more of the mystics, I think, than any man I know, and he had some of the
closest encounters to God of any man I know.[/i]

Leonard Ravenhill

and about this sermon i like it very much because i think Tozer is right on what what many do in christianity, how we stray from truth in our doctrines...how we pick and chose the parts that we like and how we remove the foundation from the superstructure.

2007/9/8 4:28Profile
thomasm

Lloydminster, Alberta, Canada

Re: Sound Doctrine

Hi Christian I'm Tom from Canada I like sound dotrine, I'll give it a listen and get back to you.
love in Christ tom

2007/9/8 5:40Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Hello Tom :-) , i like sound doctrine too, And if you haven't already check out this weeks feutered sermon also, Zac Poonen is a very wonderful preacher whop has helped me greatly to see some wonderful truths in scripture. And i think his sermon touches this subject also about how we can "cut of the finger" as he says in the sermon,

God bless you Tom and i am looking forward to se and hear more from you, please share what you thought about this sermon, it is a much needed message to us all

Christian

2007/9/8 5:45Profile
JelloTaster

Winnipeg MB

Re:

I believe a good way to determine sound doctrine is by asking yourself these two questions. Does it line up with early christian beliefs and is it appicable worldwide in every situation. Basically, sound doctrine is universal.

2007/9/8 10:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy