SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is Calvinism for reaching the Lost or Reaching the Saved?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Take some time and fellowship with the guys you will spend Eternity with Bro

I pray I will not spend eternity with the majority of professing Chrstians in America (despite their denomination or theoligcal camp most are going to hell). This is quite evident. Sorry for the confusion.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/6 14:43

Re:

Quote:
Care to elaborate on this. As you have now said that I am not saved, nor was Spurgeon, Luther, Tyndale, Edwards, Knox, Calvin, John Owen, Francis Schaeffer, and a vast cloud of men who did great things for God because they saw Him being the Animator and Sustainer of all things.

No elaboration needed. Just pick up some Paul Washer, David Wilkerson, or Ray Comfort. Most professing Christians are very clearly NOT saved, see previous post.

In Him - Jim

2007/9/6 14:45

Re:

PS-

I am not talking about anyone on this thread so lets calm down.

in Christ - Jim

2007/9/6 14:46

Re:

Quote:
Care to elaborate on this. As you have now said that I am not saved, nor was Spurgeon, Luther, Tyndale, Edwards, Knox, Calvin, John Owen, Francis Schaeffer, and a vast cloud of men who did great things for God because they saw Him being the Animator and Sustainer of all things.

I never said that.. see how your gung ho theological warfare attitude clouds your reasoning?

2007/9/6 14:48
Tears_of_joy

Re:

Quote:
jimdied2sin wrote:
Sadly though the majority of Calvinists are not saved, they know nothing more of the kingdom of God then the pharisees. (That goes for arminians and all other professing Christians too)

Quote:
roaringlamb answered:

And may I ask, how could Romans 8:28 be true if God is not completely Sovereign over all that goes into His childrens' life?

Brother, Jim didn't say that, you read what is not written. He didn't say that someone because is Calvinist, will not be saved.

2007/9/6 14:53Profile
Tears_of_joy

Re:

"Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, [b]I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.[/b] [i]Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you?[/i] or were ye baptized in the name of Paul? I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name" -1st Corinthians 1:10-15.

2007/9/6 14:55Profile

Re:

Quote:
No elaboration needed. Just pick up some Paul Washer, David Wilkerson, or Ray Comfort. Most professing Christians arent very clearly NOT saved, see previous post.

You are aware that Paul Washer would consider himself a Calvinist....and he actually believes that the greatest need on the mission field is Theological training. Yes, after all of his years of experience on the mission field, he has come to the conclusion that the teaching of correct doctrine is most important.

Pastor David would not agree with you assumption of the Church.

2007/9/6 14:56

Re:

Mahoney-

You are wrong on both accounts. Please listen to Regenaration and True Christian Unity by Brother Paul and Counterfit Spirituality by David Wilkerson.

I listen to men of God from any and every camp that bear fruit and teach the foundational truths of scripture. I do not agree with them on every single little point all of the time.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/6 15:01
Blunt

Re:

"Out of an abundance of the Heart the mouth speaks."

Check your heart if you do not want to spend Eternity with those you are supposed to love.

2007/9/6 15:07Profile

Re:

Quote:
Check your heart if you do not want to spend Eternity with those you are supposed to love.

Ditto, let us never be lovers of mens feelings more then their souls though.

In Christ - Jim

2007/9/6 15:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy