Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Forums

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Christian Forums

Well, I've really enjoyed this forum. I found out about it because Mr. Sermonindex appeared on my friend, Miles' forum on www.milesbehind.net. [hint, hint] It would be nice to see some of you guys over there.

But being on here, posting things has really encouraged me! It's challenged me in a way I don't think I've been challenged in awhile. It's cool because I get to use and refer to what I know and have read from the Bible. I've been blessed and this is lots of fun!

BTW (by the way), do only guys post on these things? Where's the girls? Just wondering.

2004/5/13 18:18Profile
moreofHim

Re: Christian Forums

yolanda,

I am here! :-) If you look at the bottom, you will see that I have posted more than my fair share! hee hee

I am usually around or in the background or emailing or pm-ing a member.-(along with being a mom and wife here at home.)

There is no doubt that you will be blessed and challenged while you are here. excellent!!! there is no growth without challenge.

Satisfied in Him alone, chanin

2004/5/13 18:26Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Yay! Here's My Sisters!

Oh hey, you're a fellow sister! I couldn't tell by your posted name. So, how did you find out about this forum?

So you live in... Kentucky, I'm guessing. I hope that's what KY stands for. How sad, I live in the USA too and I don't even know all the abbreviations to our states. You're over on the other side of the country, right? When it comes to the other like 40 whatever states and their locations... sometimes I'm kinda dumb. But then the furthest east I've been has been Arizona, so... maybe you can't blame me!

Anyway, it's nice to know that there's another lady on this site. Thanks for replying!

2004/5/13 18:46Profile
moreofHim

Re: sisters

I actually came across it because of the sermon "Ten Shekels and a shirt". Do you now the group "Ten Shekel Shirt"? Love them!

Anyway, almost 2 years ago, I ran across something called "Ten shekels and a shirt" it was a sermon by Paris reidhead. I wondered if that was where the band had gotten their name? So I read the sermon. It was tedious at first because it was all verses at the beginning but the Lord had been leading me to all the rights things lately, so I continued.

What I read in that sermon blew my socks off! It confirmed to me so many things that the Lord had been trying to reveal to me, but I had no words for it yet. Some things about the churches today and the way they present the gospel, etc...

I was so glad that I wasn't the only one! That I wasn't crazy! :-D

I didn't know you could listen to this sermon until I found Sermonindex. I have copied that sermon and the Revival hymn and given them out to friends and family.

If you want a little treat that will blow your socks off- but doesn't take as long as "Ten Shekels"- listen to the Revival Hymn. It will have you in tears.

Anyway, long story short- I got to posting and getting to know others and we have ourselves a little church service almost everyday- well, not every day, but close sometimes. :-D

Yes, I am from Kentucky, really near Cinci. We are not way down south. I am actually about ten minutes from Cini and also 10 min. from Indiana (where I am originally from)

Whew! That was long! My two first fingers are tired (that's how I type :-D )

In Him, Chanin (it's pronounced Shannon)

2004/5/13 19:00Profile
LoveOneAnother

Re:

Hey, I'm another sister here! :-D I don't have time to post alot, but I love the sermons here and the Bible/Doctrine discussions.

2004/5/16 18:24Profile
moreofHim

Re: another sister

Hi Elisabeth! So nice to see yet another girl on the forum. I have been very blessed by the fellowship here.

Hope you enjoy your time here. :-)

Satisfied in Him alone, chanin

2004/5/17 8:28Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: More sisters!

Oh cool! From Minnesota, huh? Okay, nevermind. I guess I take back my comment about there being like no girls on here. It's hard to tell with the nick names.

Oh, and about the "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" teaching, I think I have that on tape. Like a couple years ago, or maybe more, our Youth Pastor gave it to me and... well, for some reason I never listened to it. Maybe I should and see if it's what you're talking about. He's all into the whole Sermon Index thing, so maybe there is a link.

2004/5/17 12:54Profile
moreofHim

Re: sisters/ten shekels

If I had only one sermon or message to give to people today- it would be that one! I am glad to hear that your pastor had it. Not many pastors even know about it! :-(

Let me/us know what you think about it. :-)
Be patient through the first part because it's alot of scripture to give the background- telling the story of Micah.

What kind of church do you work at/attend?

In Him, chanin

2004/5/17 13:04Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Ten Shekels & A Shirt

I did download it, and started listening to it, but I have to leave soon so I didn't get to finish. I'm going to check out the tape I have at home to see if it's the same guy teaching. What I heard though I agreed with. He asks, "Is God an ends or a mean," I think. He talked about success in the eyes of the world and I loved that he brought up Jeremiah. That's the example I find courage from when it seems like I'm not having an effect on anyone. It's probably the whole "It's A Wonderful Life" thing. You know, we have such an impact on people whether we realize it or not. And you know, there's a lot of fruit we may never see. People that got changed for the better because of our witness and God's work through us. So anyway, I have yet to finish listening to it, but at least I have finally listened to a sermon on here.

I work at/attend Calvary Chapel of Escondido. There's Calvarys all over the place. I don't know if you've ever heard of one. I've never really been outside of it besides the Presbyterian churches my dad's side of the family attends, and I do like their church too. I think it's cool how different churches get used in different ways. We may all have a different heart for different kinds of people, but it's cool when we all serve the same God of the Bible.

Oh yeah, so when I listen to the whole sermon, I'll let you know what else I think. But this is it for now.

P.S. My friend Jennifer, going by the nick name "DelightedInU", just signed in today. So there's another girl to add to the list.

2004/5/17 20:39Profile
disciplejosh

Southern California

Re:

Hey 'Yodi',

Did you ever finish listening to the tape? I would like to hear your feedback as well.

2004/6/25 1:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy