SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Atheist Christopher Hitchens now a U.S. Citizen: Please Pray! ...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Rahman

Atheist Christopher Hitchens now a U.S. Citizen: Please Pray! ...

i've been praying for Christopher Hitchens ever since his book;

[b]god Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons
Everything - AMAZON[/b]
http://www.amazon.com/God-Not-Great-Religion-Everything/dp/0446579807/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-6643408-4284604?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1188910567&sr=1-1

If one listens to him long enough it becomes obvious that he's a learned, bright, articulate, acerbically witty atheist, and very troubled guy, and if one is a Christian who truly believes our battles are not against flesh and blood, it's also obvious who he presently is a tool of ... i don't like athiest, and often have to be reminded by Holy Spirit that my reaction to them has to be the same as with any other sinner: Hate the sin, but love the sinner - and so i pray for Mr. Hitchens that if it be His will that He save him, and make him a testimony to Christ instead of an enemy (tho Mr. Hitchen's is equally opposed to Yahweh (Judaism), Jesus Christ (Christianity) & Allah (Islam) ...

i watched him this Sunday past on a three hour interview on ...

[color=FF0000][b]Book TV - In Depth (audio interview on his book - Click on "Stand Alone Player" @ bottom of web page or rtsp: is direct)[/b][/color]
http://www.booktv.org/program.aspx?ProgramId=8532&SectionName=In+Depth&PlayMedia=Yes

rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/arc_btv/arc_btv090207_4.rm

... i was struck that his mother committed suicide when he was 24, that he's also prone to drink, and it made me wonder what other pain he might be dealing with that has him so apparently angry with God ... Then i found out that on 4/07 he'd become a citizen of the U.S. and that just turned me off, because it made me think of our own home grown atheist ...

[b]Madalyn Murray O'Hair ...[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madalyn_Murray_O'Hair

... and what she accomplished in the 60's while U.S. Christians snoozed, and it made me think, "Lord, who sent him, and why is he here"? ...

It seemed to me that an atheist of Hitchens caliber would be much happier in his more secular place of birth, than he would be here in the hypocritical (at least still having a form of Godly devotion) U.S. ... i try my best to keep my Christianity above nationalism but i care deeply about the spiritual well being of America, and truth be told it irked me everytime he refered to the U.S. as his country (tho i know this would cease as soon as he got saved) ... As far as i'm concerned, Lord knows, we don't need anymore unGodly influences in the U.S. above and beyond what we already have, and tho it may seem like there's nothing i can do about this - i CAN PRAY! ...

Madalyn Murray O'Hair wound up being brutally murdered, but her sinister work was already done, and tho her son whom she used in her atheistic activity eventually became a Christian - she didn't ... And so i am asking our Lord if it be His will, to have mercy on Mr. Hitchens and save him to His ultimate glory, thereby cancelling out any additional havoc the devil could further use him toward in emboldening and misleading others here in the U.S. ... i was struck by how many U.S. callers phoned him for advice as to how to further the atheist cause here in the States ...

For any of you who disagree that prayer warfare for this mans soul, and subsequent others he will be used as a tool to mislead, is not the thing to do ... THEN DON'T PRAY ... For those of you who might see prayer as a pre-emptive strike in this regard then PLEASE PRAY!!! ...

My spiritual spider-senses tell me that other than being saved Mr. Hitchens is a dangerous man, and it's no accident that he has switched countries, and we already have record of what unchecked atheist can accomplish here in the States ...

[b]Christopher Hitchens (short bio)[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Hitchens

Blessings in the beloved name of our Lord Jesus Christ ...

PS - One of Mr. Hitchen's observations is man created God to worship, instead of vice-versa ... He's a writer himself and i wonder how in the world he figures that an array of men over some1,600 years was able to put together the Bible, and carry it's cohesive theme from Genesis to The Revelation with the ability to cross reference it back and forth over centuries? ...

2007/9/4 10:51Profile
Rahman

Re: Atheist Christopher Hitchens now a U.S. Citizen: Please Pray! ...

i'm about 3/4 of the way thru Mr. Hitchen's (unabridged audio) book "God is not great", and am glad that i'm one of those foolish non-swayable folk whom he says "has faith for faith's sake" ... It's interesting that he says he hates all religions, but particularly Christianity, and Christians, whom he sees as the most deluded, and hypocritical of the lot ...

This guy is caustic in delivery, smart in the intellectual sense, a real "book head" with extensive knowledge of many subjects and religions, and i think i'd pay to see/hear he and Ron Bailey square off in debate ... i say this kinda tongue in cheek tho because Mr. Hitchens has so many "logical" reasons as why to not believe, it would pre-emptively cancel out anyone of equal knowledge and pro belief logic by the mere fact that that person is a believer ...

i think one thing i'm sure of is that most normal everyday, glued to some tube, type Americans won't read Mr. Hitchens, and even if he were to be broadcast on TV most wouldn't even tune in to him, because they're way to busy with more important things like Brittany Spears mental meltdown, so his audience more than likely will still be contained within that certain group of American non-believing, free thinkers Mr. Hitchens conciders himself a part of, if not with this recent book a new leader of, as many inclined to atheism herald him as having written the best treatise to date ...

i'm still praying for Mr. Hitchens, who's just as sure that there is no hell as i am that there is ... Even in hypothetical entertainment of his belief of this life being all there is, at my death (as a beliver) i'd never know i was wrong, at his death (as a non-believer) he'd know he was wrong forever - and on fire! ... That scares me, but not so a free thinker ...

Blessings in He who chooses we foolish to baffle the wise ...

PS - i came across this equally interesting interview with Peter Hitchens, Christopher's younger brother ... These guys are polar opposites, as Peter claims Christ and Christianity (Anglican), and is staunchly pro Britain's returning to how she once was, and in remaining free of the EU, and has written this book ...

[b]"The Abolition of Britain: From Churchill to Princess Diana" ...[/b]
rtsp://video.c-span.org/archive/arc_btv/btv090107_5.rm (C-Span Audio Interview) ..,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Hitchens

i'll be surprised if we don't hear of a lot more from these brothers, especially Christopher ...

2007/9/13 17:15Profile

Re:

Hey RACH,

it is just a matter of time for someone like him to meet the living God just as Paul did. I believe the early church brethren were praying that God would help them as pertaining to Saul, and Jesus delivered this murderer in one of the greatest Christians of history and possibly in time.

Lets lift the guy up before the Lord and ask him to deliver mister Hitchens to the cross of our Christ.

Love

2007/9/13 19:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy