SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thanks Greg!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

Thanks Greg!

God Bless you Greg,

You and SermonIndex have become a part of my prayers. I was thanking God last night, marveling actually, that He called a boy of 17 who answered Him and by age 24 (now a young man) is our Lord's implement of creating and maintaining SermonIndex.
I wasn't much of one for serving God in my youth, and pray your strength (and all you other young people) that you continue to do so. Sad to say I get more
spiritual nourishment from listening to these sermons than the ones I get at my home church. SermonIndex has become my raven in the wilderness, and I both thank and bless God and you in this regard. May the peace of God which surpasses all understanding care and keep you, and everyone associated with SermonIndex ... for it, and you all, are truly a blessing ... Amen

PS - I made a PayPal donation a few weeks back, and will do so again ... May I suggest that all who are blessed by this ministry (and it is a ministry) support it financially (as the Spirit leads you).

2004/5/13 9:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Thanks Greg!

Quote:
You and SermonIndex have become a part of my prayers. I was thanking God last night, marveling actually, that He called a boy of 17 who answered Him and by age 24 (now a young man) is our Lord's implement of creating and maintaining SermonIndex.
I wasn't much of one for serving God in my youth, and pray your strength (and all you other young people) that you continue to do so.

Brother Rahman thank you for your blessings and encouragments. Its very hard to serve God in your youth and in old age, we are all constantly struggling with the flesh the world and the devil. I am far from perfect and wonder much why God is allowing me to run this ministry, I am humbled daily in His provision and guiding even when I feel all is dark. I pray for people as yourself to get zealous for God and use these resources to spread revival across the world. Your posts are very edifying brother I thank God for you.

2004/5/13 11:27Profile
bigdaveusa

:-(

2004/5/13 11:47Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

RAHMAN

Your comments I can only echo. It caused me to once again just give praise to God for all that He is doing through this site, this church!

It is indeed a refuge from the storm that we find ourselves in, in this day and age we live in.

Greg has become a dear brother over these many months now and I have also met many incredible brothers and sisters through the involvement here.

This really warms my heart to see this love and support for him. May our prayers always be with him and our support be freely given as we are able. It is truly an amazing work that we are seeing. May the Lord continue to be glorified through this.

2004/5/13 13:12Profile
Rahman

Re:

Amen Bro. Crsschk! ...

Your quote: "this site, this church"

It sure feels like chuch to me!

2004/5/13 18:13Profile
Rahman

Greg How'd You Get Interested in old sermons?

Greg,

First off, my earthly father always told me that I should "give credit, where credit is due" ... Amen

Now ... If you have the time can you tell me/us how our Lord inspired you to becoming interested in sermons (especially old ones) and your building SermonIndex?

2004/5/13 18:18Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Greg How'd You Get Interested in old sermons?

Quote:
Now ... If you have the time can you tell me/us how our Lord inspired you to becoming interested in sermons (especially old ones) and your building SermonIndex?

Brother Rahman, yes certaintly I would love to share how God has lead me into this place of having a burden for revival and older preaching. Since I was saved the Lord taught me so many precious things from His word by His Spirit. One of the first books God lead me to was a book by A.W. Tozer called: The Pursuit of God. And also a small booklet by Tozer called "Gems by Tozer". These materials blew my mind and I realized there are some vitally important principles that the church is totally missing out on in our day. And slowly God started to led me to many older books and preachers, I was into Benny Hinn and alot of other charlton preachers who really were teaching [b]new[/b] things, that were not of the Spirit of God. I started to get exposed to many older saints that persevered with God on their knees: Andrew Murray, E.M. Bounds, John Bunyan, John Wesley, but one interesting book that feel into my hands a few years back was one called "Why Revival Tarries" by Leonard Ravenhill. The reason I read it was because on the front it had a quotation: [i]"This book is a voice from above" - A.W. Tozer[/i] without hesitation I bought it and read it. And as Ravenhill said of the book "Power Through Prayer" by E.M Bounds when he read it: 'I didn't go through the book but this book went through me', surely that was my case also. I read it 2 or 3 times and felt such a holy dissatisfaction with my Christian life and where I was at. I prayed and gave myself to God continually desiring to be revived and be useful for His kingdom.

I was also able afterwards to get alot of Leonard Ravenhills videos and tapes, the first video I watched with very high anticipation was:
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=1702]Interview (Video) of Leonard Ravenhill[/url]

I encourage you all to watch this video!!

Soon after my burden was to share these resources with the world. And through so many small events finally I was able to get a site like SermonIndex.net going. I must have tryed 10 different smaller sites until my heart was in the place where God knew He could work through me to do this site. I am still amazed at what has been done in just over 1 year! All praise be to God \o/ Great things HE has done! and will continue to do. I am really praying for others to catch this burden for revival and help with this ministry. The time [b]is[/b] short.

2004/5/13 19:47Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Wow, that's amazing. I can remember clearly the day when Keith Green died and he spoke of Leonard Ravenhill. It had to be one of the saddest days of my life, even though I never went to any of his concerts. I loved all of the information from Last Days Ministries that he and Melody had done.

Truly this has been a blessing for me. I told God I want this deeper life but I don't know where to start. God help me... And praise God he led me to this wonderfl site.

Praise God! Sometimes when I read the words or hear the sermons I just pray God will you bless Brother Ravenhill or Keith Green or whomever it might be. It's truly a treasure to me.

2004/5/13 20:44Profile
Rahman

Re:

Thanks Bro. Greg,

It was a Ravenhill book that initially got me all fired up too, at age 33 ... It was called "The Refiner's Fire". Then some 20 years later, after forgetting Bro. Ravenhill's name the Lord caused someone to give me "The God Chasesr's, and Bro. Ravenhill's name was mentioned in there ... I got a chill from that because I had been praying that the Lord would recall his name to me ... It was looking for that book on line that the Spirit directed me here ... I love how the Lord works ... It's times like these "He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake" ... Funny, when I ask Him for something "spiritual" I never seem to have to wait long.

One thing that I've noticed about seemingly everyone that the Holy Spirit has drawn to this site is that we all use a word that I very seldom hear in church, or amongst my Christian friends ... that word is "burden" ... A "burden" seems something that Lord places on whom He chooses, when He chooses, and of what He chooses, to further the slow (to we humans), methodical plodding toward the birth of His kingdom on earth.

2004/5/14 12:53Profile
moreofHim

Re: burden

Quote:
Now the word utterance--and in some of your translations, if you have the New International Version I think it's the word oracle--it's the word that means a prophecy or an announcement of truth. This word utterance or oracle carries with it the sense of weightiness. It's something heavy. It's something important.

Sometimes in other parts of the Scripture, this word is translated burden. You read that in Malachi 1: "The burden of the Lord." It's an important message that comes from the Lord. -N. Demoss

I forget what it's like to live without a "burden". Sometimes I think it would be nice to be like my husband or someone who does not "see" things like some of us do. But I will not complain, it is a gift as well as a curse. (I probably shouldn't say it's a curse- it just feels that way sometimes :-o )

Satisfied in Him alone, chanin

2004/5/14 16:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy