SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What is the chief end of man?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
heartablaze

What is the chief end of man?

For as long as I've known, I've gone by the standard Westminstr answer. But what do my brothers think of it? I don't think it need be complicated, but if you think it is, I am interested to know.

2007/9/2 14:33Profile

Re: What is the chief end of man?

Perhaps you should share the Westminster answer with everyone, so they all start from the same thought?

2007/9/2 15:02
heartablaze

Re:

Sure, why did I not think of that? The Westminster catechism came up with this: The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.

2007/9/2 17:09Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

God's destiny and purpose is for man to be
conformed to the image of His Beloved Son!!

2007/9/2 18:56Profile

Re:

Mar 12:28-34 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he: and to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

2007/9/2 20:21
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply, I believe in Love

To grow togather and to be identified by our fruit, to be gathered and separated from tares, willowed from our outer chaff bodies, fermented with The First Fruits into love, by the leaven of holiness, The Holy Spirit of God.

Eddie

2007/9/3 7:46Profile
LiveforGod

Re: What is the chief end of man?

Listen to Ten shekels and a shirt by Paris Reidhead

2007/9/3 8:16Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

2007/9/3 8:19Profile
rowdy2

Southern USA

Re:

Reply to hmmhmm

Hmmhmm wrote
“Matthew 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.”

Yes, the first commandment that we have from the beginning.

And the second commandment that we should love one another as we love ourselves.

Christians walk in The Light. If we say we walk in the light and do no love our brothers and sisters, we lie.

Eddie

2007/9/3 9:00Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

yes, i think when we reach the fullness of these commandments then we have come to the "chief end of man"

what do you think?

2007/9/3 9:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy