Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 I Agree -roberts

[b]I Agree[/b]
[i]by Richard Owen Roberts[/i]

Entering into complete, heart-level agreement with God in all things is a critical part of the reviving process. To agree fully with God is to experience continual reviving. To disagree with Him in anything is to grieve the Holy Spirit. As someone has humorously noted, “agree” is not spelled A-R-G-U-E!

Our world desperately needs revival, but it must have its beginning in individual lives. We invite your prayerful consideration of the following areas of agreement between you and God. As you read each point, ask yourself, “Do I agree with God in this area?”

Your View of My life (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that You are continually drawing me with an everlasting love
(Romans 8:35-39).

2. Lord, I agree that in following Your plan for my life, I attain the greatest degree of happiness and usefulness possible (Matthew 5:3-12).

3. Lord, I agree that I must wisely regard each day as if it were my last, and live it solely to the praise of Your glory (Psalm 39:5).

4. Lord, I agree that You purchased me on the cross and, therefore, all my time, money, thoughts, desires, and actions must be under Your control (Romans 14:8).

All My Sin (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that I deserve to go to hell for my sin (Romans 3:9-23).

2. Lord, I agree that the great wickedness of my sin is that it is against You (Psalm 51:4).

3. Lord, I agree that I cannot know the refreshing that revival brings without repentance (Acts 3:19-20).

a. I acknowledge that repentance is as much an attitude as it is an act.

b. I realize all known sins must be turned from in repentance.

c. I confess there are no little or secret sins in my life that do not matter.

d. I am convinced that all roots of sin in my life must be searched out daily so that they cannot grow and produce fruits.

4. Lord, I agree to speedily confess my sin and to accept Your forgiveness and cleansing (1 John 1:9).

5. Lord, I agree that public confession of public sin is mandatory and that private confession of private sin must be regularly practiced (James 5:16; Matthew 5:23-24).

6. Lord, I agree that restitution to any I have wronged is a necessary qualification for personal revival (Jeremiah 35:15).

Holiness of Life (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that holiness is Your will for my life (1 Thessalonians 4:3).

2. Lord, I agree that You do not require anything of me that is impossible (Romans 6:1-2).

3. Lord, I agree that holiness was purchased by Christ on His cross and is received by faith (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

4. Lord, I agree that without holiness no man shall see the Lord (Hebrews 12:14).

The Necessity of Guarding My Heart (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree to guard what I read and what I look at (books, magazines, television, movies, women on the street, etc.) (Job 31:1).

2. Lord, I agree to guard what I listen to (jokes, gossip, criticism of others, flattery, religious views, suggestive stories, etc.) (Mark 4:24).

3. Lord, I agree to guard what I touch and how I touch it, recognizing the grievous pitfalls of greed and lust (Exodus 20:17).

4. Lord, I agree to guard what I taste, acknowledging that gluttony and drunkenness are evil in Your sight (1 Corinthians 10:31).

A Daily Walk with You (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that You deserve my daily praise and adoration (Hebrews 13:15).

2. Lord, I agree to protracted seasons of private prayer as well as to discovering how to pray without ceasing (Colossians 4:2).

3. Lord, I agree to regular Bible study and daily devotional reading of Your Word in order that I may be equipped for godly living in this godless world (2 Timothy 2:15; 3:15-16).

4. Lord, I agree that I need Your constant help in establishing and maintaining a daily walk with You (Galatians 5:25).

My Need to Be Part of a Praying, Caring Group (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that hearing Your Word regularly is essential, and I pledge myself to observe the Lord’s Day faithfully (Hebrews 10:25).

2. Lord, I agree that I need the help of fellow believers in maintaining my own fires of devotion and purity (Hebrews 3:13).

3. Lord, I agree to join a prayer group that meets consistently to pray for one another and for revival (2 Chronicles 7:14).

4. Lord, I agree to transparent honesty with my brothers and sisters in the Lord so they can best encourage, comfort, rebuke, and assist me in the things pertaining to Your kingdom (Ephesians 4:25; James 5:16).

My Witness (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that effective witness means being totally open in my confession of You before others (Luke 12:8).

2. Lord, I agree that effective witness requires the total elimination of all hypocrisy in my life (John 1:47; Colossians 3:23).

3. Lord, I agree that effective witness requires consistency, even when circumstances get rough (Galatians 6:9).

The Place of Love in My Life (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree with Your first great commandment requiring me to love You with all my heart, soul, strength, and mind (Matthew 22:37-38).

2. Lord, I agree that my love for You is proven by my obedience to Your commandments (John 14:23).

3. Lord, I agree that my love of others is a test of my love for You (1 John 4:20-21).

4. Lord, I agree that vital unity among all true brothers in Christ is Your will. I therefore commit myself to be an agent of peace and reconciliation, and to refuse to be divisive over issues of personality, methodology, and non-essential doctrinal matters (John 17; Ephesians 4:3).

Your Strength and Ability (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that You are able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that I have ever asked or thought (Ephesians 3:20).

2. Lord, I agree that You are able to use me mightily as an instrument of righteousness and as a vessel of mercy (2 Corinthians 4:7).

3. Lord, I agree to make myself continuously available to You for Your use, and by faith to live in regular expectation of bearing fruit in season (John 15:1-8, 16).

4. Lord, I agree that, in the light of all that You have done for me, I am to live in victory and power through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:57).

The Honour and the Glory (Yes or No)

1. Lord, I agree that pride is a root sin in my heart, and that it is foolishness, for I have nothing in which to boast except Your gracious mercy (1 Peter 5:5-6).

2. Lord, I agree that You alone are worthy of praise, honor, and glory, and I refuse to glory in myself or to seek or accept that praise and honor which are Yours alone (Revelation 4:11).

Our world desperately needs revival, but it must begin in individual lives.

2007/8/31 0:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy