Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : BRAIN CANCER

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Nellie

Re:

Father,
Please touch Sheila and her Parents in this most trying time.
Nothing is too hard for You.
Please give Your Strength to this whole Family.
In Jesus Name. Amen

2008/1/5 19:56Profile

Re:

Amen.
Lord show Sheila and her family your mercy and presence.

2008/1/5 21:23
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re: BRAIN CANCER

Latest update and Prayer Request

Friends,

Sheila had chemo yesterday and will get the results of a lung x-ray today. They are waiting to re-image her for another three weeks--allowing enough time to pass to evaluate if this chemo is helping. I was told that the doctor has said at this point they will try to keep her comfortable and alive for as long as they can. This is a disturbing thing to hear and too dangerous to give too much thought. I am deeply grateful for the doctors and scientists that have made healing their lifes' work. We still pray for God to transform their desire to heal with His own power to heal. He alone keeps any of us alive from one second to the next. He alone can give her peace that is a comfort. And He will, in a way that will ultimately bring forth more life for Sheila, for our family and for His Kingdom. I trust He is busy answering in ways that far exceed the boldest prayers and desires of our hearts, regardless of what I see. I would ask you to continue to pray for miraculous physical healing. As well I would ask prayers for Sheila, that she would receive something fresh from God to give her courage and even excitement over Him in a new way, that it would spill over to her children. Finally, I would ask for protection over anyone impacted by this who may be at risk of losing any fraction of their faith in God.

I think I shared this before but I will again as it is very much on my mind now:

After crying out for some encouragement to share with a friend who would ultimately lose her own battle with cancer, I received from God a word of encouragement that, ultimately, did just that. I heard,
"Your prayers don't all sound the same to Me. You delight Me anew each day you turn to Me. Because of your prayers, healing is taking place beyond your body, beyond your house of which you will never know."

PRAYER MATTERS. PRAYER CHANGES THINGS. Thank you for yours. May we pray big so that God can do even greater things, far beyond our original intent, far beyond what we see.

peace,
sandy

"Therefore, we who have fled to Jesus for refuge can take new courage, for we can hold on to His promise with confidence. This confidence is like a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls." Hebrews 6:18,19 DeleteReplyForwardSpamMove...

2008/1/29 15:30Profile

Re:

Have Mercy on Sheila, LORD. Thank you Jesus.

2008/1/29 16:17
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sandy,

My heart goes out to your sister...From your posts, I understand that in the absence of divine intervention, Sheila's cancer is terminal, am I right?

Mind if I say a few things? I am assuming her cancer is terminal and so what I am going to say will reflect this, OK?

If Sheila has her sins under the blood, dying will be a blessed release for her: the ultimate healing. It is the people left behind who will miss her: not her; it will be you or 'them'. Do you understand this? Dying is not the worst thing that can or will happen to a saint: it is among the most wonderful thing, actually.

Now you know that apart from divine intervention, Sheila will likely die....have you discussed this with her? If not, do, and do it ASAP! She may long to have this conversation(s). Say the things NOW that need to be said so there will be no "I should haves" after her passing. Bare you r heart to her while she can still think, reason. Do NOT BE AFRAID OF SHARING TEARS!

There is one more thing I have heard which I think is wonderful. A mother knew she was dying but she had children and knew she would not live to see them grow up. So she made recordings of advice she would give her child in situations she imagined her child might face in the future. Now this I think is so brilliant. I suggest your sister do this as well. They will treasure this in the years to come.

How do I know all this? "Been there, done that..." Our 25 YO daughter died from a glioblastoma 12 years ago, leaving behind two small children and a loving husband.

God bless all of you...this could be among the most tender times of your spiritual growth IF you allow the Holy Spirit to act as He wills.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/1/29 17:20Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Continuing in prayer.

2008/1/29 21:24Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Friends,
I have hesitated to write as there are no words to express all that is
in my heart and mind. Last week I witnessed Sheila testify that she
was "ready". And so I rejoice in this powerful testimony of God's
keeping. While inwardly Sheila is being renewed, outwardly her otherwise
healthy body declines steadily but slowly. Please pray for strength
for all of us as we keep vigil. As well please pray for those friends
and acquaintances who do not know Christ and will hear testimony of
her life in Christ.

For the King!
sandy

2008/4/4 10:19Profile
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Subject: Sheila - update

No eye has seen, no ear has heard and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinth 2:9

While surrounded by loved ones, last evening, Sheila left the earthly world and entered heaven with a beautiful smile on her face. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed for they will rest from their hard work. Revelation 14:13

Tork ( Sheilas Husband)

2008/4/6 22:34Profile

Re:

Quote:

alan4jc wrote:
Subject: Sheila - update

No eye has seen, no ear has heard and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. 1 Corinth 2:9

While surrounded by loved ones, last evening, Sheila left the earthly world and entered heaven with a beautiful smile on her face. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.

Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on. Yes, says the Spirit, they are blessed indeed for they will rest from their hard work. Revelation 14:13

Tork ( Sheilas Husband)

Sorry for the loss of this dear sister. My mother also died of cancer and she went the same way with a smile on her face.

Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.

I heard this testimony at church of this woman who has brain cancer and she was in her house worshipping the Lord and the glory of God was so strong in that house that when this woman who is a christian was walking by she started speaking in tongues.

Please pray for this woman that she is healed. She is still battaling cancer.

2008/4/7 11:12
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Sorry to hear Sheila died but if she was ready to meet with the LORD it is indeed a glorious time for [i]her![/i]

There is one issue I wrestle with and that is how one works so hard to maintain physical life while in a terminal state. Why are you fighting to go be with the LORD?

Anyhow, I sometimes envy the saints who have gone on before, I think they are fortunate...that is what I thought when my 80 year old dad died a year ago.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2008/4/13 23:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy