SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Micheal Vick "finds Jesus"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

Micheal Vick "finds Jesus"

Just watched an press conference that Micheal Vick held today. He's the NFL quarterback headed to jail for illegal dog-fighting and gambling.

During his press conference he said he had found Jesus and given his life over to God. (The thrust of the press conference was him apologizing to anyone and everyone, and asking forgiveness.)

I don't want to speculate if this is some PR thing to get him back in the good graces of the NFL when he gets out of jail... I hope, instead, that he is sincere.

So... lets all pray that Vick really did meet the Lord Jesus Christ, and that God will do a miraculous work in his life. Lets also pray that God will keep men like TD Jakes and others away from Vick so that he can receive sound Biblicaly instruction.

Krispy

2007/8/27 15:43
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Micheal Vick "finds Jesus"

Quote:
During his press conference he said he had found Jesus and given his life over to God.

I really pray this is so...and I know God will accept this man in a heartbeat, and fill him with the Holy Spirit and change him and use him mightily. I know this because I gave my life to God in a similiar situation, only my jail time was 25 to life and I was facing a double court martial. If God loves us and has appointed us to Sonship, He'll bring on the devastation to bring us to the window of grace.

Brother Paul

2007/8/27 16:12Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I also pray this is real, may God use this man to reach many for Christ.

Quote:
If God loves us and has appointed us to Sonship, He'll bring on the devastation to bring us to the window of grace.

This is true, sometimes we are so stubborn and blind that it takes crushing disaster to get us to turn our eyes on Jesus. God loves us too much to withhold such disaster, if we will only look and live from the jaws of death then God will bring us to the jaws of death, so that He may raise us up again, and the valley of weeping becomes a well. This is what Israel discovered when the poisonous snakes came into the camp in the wilderness.

In Christ,

Ron

2007/8/27 16:36Profile

Re:

Quote:

InTheLight wrote:
I also pray this is real, may God use this man to reach many for Christ.

Quote:
In Christ,

Ron

Amen God could use him in mighty way. What the devil for bad, God can turn around for good. About Vic finding Jesus. Jesus was there all along. Vic just now realized through his circumstances that he needed Jesus.

2007/8/28 1:59

Re:

I too hope it was sincere for his sake and other believers. The last thing we need is another pro athlete thats for "Jesus", and then showing up preaching circuit. Someone mentioned TD Jakes and others like him, would probably have him preaching next week at a conference. Obviously, its not up for us whether is is saved or not. But it is typical for those that are famous, get caught, then they are sorry and find the Lord. Granted this happens quite a bit, probably because it takes the Lord to humble a man to this point. I hope a God will bring doctrinally sound men in his life and disciple this man. He needs a good shepherd and not a "hired" hand.

I think it would be fantastic that he would be a disciple of the Lord, and stand for Christ. Like that tackle I thing, that passed away a couple years ago, he played for the Packers?

Blessings

2007/8/30 7:46

Re:

Here the difference between Vick and other celebrities... Vick has lost everything. He lost a $130 million contract. The Falcons are preparing to sue him for the $22 million signing "bonus" they gave him. He's basically lost his career... it will never be what it could have been, and thats if the NFL will even have him back.

Talk about hero to zero... he went from everything to nothing in a matter of months.

He is at rock bottom as anyone can be right now. So I truly do hope this is very sincere.

I mentioned TD Jakes because of all his false teachings... WOF, denial of the trinity, etc etc.

Krispy

2007/8/30 8:07
BlazedbyGod

Re:

To KrispyKrittr:

:"I mentioned TD Jakes because of all his false teachings... WOF, denial of the trinity, etc etc"

I may need to make this comment in another post/topic, but to deny the "trinity"-is not a false teaching. The Holy Bible never teaches or even uses the word "trinity"-

The Word of God speaks of the Godhead, and the Godhead only. The trinity and Godhead are not the same in thought or essence.

Trinity says there are 3 IN 1, the Word never says there are 3 IN 1, the Word says and the three ARE 1.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three ARE (not in) one.

PS: I know the word "Rapture" is not in the Word of God either, but it's definition is. Rapture means to be caught up or caught away-to seize-and that is the very statement that Paul uses in 1 Thess 4:17. I bring that up, because everytime I bring up the fact that the word "trinity" is not in the Bible someone says the word "rapture" isn't either.

The word "rapture" is not in the scripture, but it's definition is-the word "trinity" is not in the scripture, but NEITHER is it's definition.

2007/8/30 11:49Profile

Re:

If he seeks the Lord with all his heart and a with a pure conscience, he will find Him, and find life in Christ. For God is able to preserve His children from the deception of the enemy.

2007/8/30 13:06

Re:

Blazed..... hopefully this is just semantics. You'll need to clarify a little more what you mean.

How do you interpret John 1:1? Surely you are not suggesting that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are 3 different God's who are one in agreement with each other, are you?

'Splain to me, Lucy!

Krispy

2007/8/30 13:11
BlazedbyGod

Re:

KrispyKrittr

John 1:1 IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD, and the Word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD...3 All things were made BY HIM (not them);....

We know the Word is Jesus Christ-

Gen 1:1 IN THE BEGINNING GOD created the heaven and the earth.

Interpret John 1:1 as revealing JESUS Christ is God manifested in the Flesh, and revealed as the Word.

John 1:3 says the Word, which is God, that all things were made by him-Gen 1:1 says in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth- God & the Word are NOT two separate personalities/entities,beings.

1 John 5:7 7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the FATHER, the WORD, and the Holy Ghost: and THESE THREE ARE ONE. (Notice it never said "Son" as Matt 28:19)

Notice it listed the Father, and the Word....but wait, is not the Father God? Is not the Word God? Is not the Holy Ghost God?-This is why it says..."and these three ARE ONE

God has 7 Spirits- but He is still only One God. One Lord. Holy One of Israel

Simply put, I interpret John 1:1 as and with John 10:30 I and my Father ARE one.

God made man in his image. God gave man a Body, spirit & soul-3 components that make One Man

J

2007/8/30 13:30Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy